Player Discussion Canucks sign D Tyler Myers to 5-Year, $30m Deal ($6m AAV) | Part 2

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Whey you say "The jury is still out", can I paraphrase that into "wait and see"? This would help me with bandwagonesque.

No. The expression has a known established meaning. Why are you paraphrasing into something else?

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019

This should be a thread. To have 2 defense pairings dominating shot share like this is very encouraging, especially when you consider the quality of net-minding this club has.

Myers has come as advertisēd. Well, I guess that depends on who was doing the advertising. He's been exactly what I expected from my extensive viewings of him in Winnipeg. Decent defensively, thrives when driving the attack offensively and creating scoring opportunities for himself and others. Skating is still good. Absolutely zero sign of it falling off.

Reactions: VHF

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Whey you say "The jury is still out", can I paraphrase that into "wait and see"? This would help me with bandwagonesque.
As far as I know you criticize people for saying "wait and see" with reference to signed players, whereas the poster in questions was using the "the jury is still out" in reference to Benning's drafting when the majority of players Benning has drafted are at ages where most of their cohort aren't in the league yet. Pretty sure you don't need to be told this.

Reactions: F A N

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Good call. Some keys on my keyboard were getting worn down typing "Wait and see", especially the a and the e.

"The jury is still out!"

A worthy addition.

I hope you're smart enough to realize that the above is irrelevant and doesn't prove the point you want to prove. "A" and "E" are like top 3 in terms of alphabet frequency in the English language.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad