Rumor: Canucks interested in Vatanen, Hamonic, and Gustafsson

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Honestly, Hamonic and Gustafsson should not be in any playoff teams top 4.

I was happy when he opted out. Would have helped on the PK but any minutes he stole from Rasmus is ridiculous.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
For a team that is definitely on the rise, they sure are making a lot of massive changes.
I hope there is a plan to all of this.

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
Honestly, Hamonic and Gustafsson should not be in any playoff teams top 4.

I was happy when he opted out. Would have helped on the PK but any minutes he stole from Rasmus is ridiculous.

canucks are probably not a playoff team this year....

Reactions: lawrence

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
canucks are probably not a playoff team this year....

If they get good defenders they should be a 3rd best team in the Pacific. California will probably still be weak. Arizona....

Really just them and the Oilers, and personally if Oilers special teams and goaltending don't over perform again they could be in trouble.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Tanev and Stecher or Hamonic and Vatanen? Sometimes the grass is not always greener...

Sadly that ship has sailed... to Calgary and then Detroit.

At this point we might as well wait for the bargain scraps when teams have blown their caps on the big guys.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Not thrilled with any of these defensemen, but Gustafsson would be the defenseman who I'd prefer out of the bunch. Maybe he could get his point totals back up, and gel with fellow countryman Pettersson.

A Hamonic type player is mostly needed for this team. A replacement for Tanev. I'm just starting to question wheather Hamonic is on the decline of his career.

Still hoping the defenseman the Canucks need is aquired by trade.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Any info on Vatanen?

played on the power house top 4 dman on the Anahiem ducks, and made a name for himself over there. Can play offence and pretty good defensively although probably not as good as Tanev defensively can still get it done, downside is he's 5'10 so smaller, but more versatile then Chris Tanev and 2 years younger and a right shot. Essentially a big IF we sign Vatanen is as lateral as a move as it gets.

Sami Vatanen career points right now is 0.44 points per game as a dman.
Chris Tanev career points right now is 0.22 points per game as a dman.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
wheather Hamonic is on the decline of his career.

everyone is on a decline, however in the past I've seen dmans play their best in their 30's, for example Bieksa played his best in his early 30's and of course no further then Alex Edler who I think played his best season ever.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
everyone is on a decline, however in the past I've seen dmans play their best in their 30's, for example Bieksa played his best in his early 30's and of course no further then Alex Edler who I think played his best season ever.

I agree that Vatanen and Hamonic are probably on the decline, but out of the bunch I think Gustafsson still has some potential. Probably not a 60 point season again, but hey maybe a couple 30 point seasons. I believe he is a lefty which is not what we need, but I think he could be sufficient enough to fulfill the role of Troy Stecher.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Hamonic and Gustafsson should not be in any playoff teams top 4.

Chris Tanev
GP 69
Goals 2
Assists 18
Points 20
PLUS Minues + 4
PPG 0.29
Power play points 1
Shots 45
Hits 32
Hits/60 1.42
give aways 45
take away 20
Average ice time 19:32 (6th among the entire team, and 4th among Canucks defencemen).

Travis Hamonic
GP50
goals 3
Assists 9
Points 12
Plus Minus -3
PPG. 0.24
Power play points 0
shots 83 (almost doubled Tanev)
Hits 39
Hits/60 2.20
Giveaway 36
takeaway 21
Average ice time 21:12 (2nd among the entire Flames roster, and 2nd among Flames defencemens)

Ya know what, you're maybe right, If Hamonic is not a top 4 on a playoff team the same is said for Tanev who was literally and I didn't even know this despite him playing a ton of his ice time with Quinn, he was a number 4 dman for the Vancouver Canucks, a team that might not even have made the playoffs.

Meanwhile Travis Hamonic what your the Flames number 2, if he's not a top 4 dman on a playoff team the exact same is said for Chris Tanev.

absolute hilarious now the the Flames will not get Hamonic back you guys are throwing him under the bus, lol.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Chris Tanev
GP 69
Goals 2
Assists 18
Points 20
PLUS Minues + 4
PPG 0.29
Power play points 1
Shots 45
Hits 32
Hits/60 1.42
give aways 45
take away 20
Average ice time 19:32 (6th among the entire team, and 4th among Canucks defencemen).

Travis Hamonic
GP50
goals 3
Assists 9
Points 12
Plus Minus -3
PPG. 0.24
Power play points 0
shots 83 (almost doubled Tanev)
Hits 39
Hits/60 2.20
Giveaway 36
takeaway 21
Average ice time 21:12 (2nd among the entire Flames roster, and 2nd among Flames defencemens)

Ya know what, you're maybe right, If Hamonic is not a top 4 on a playoff team the same is said for Tanev who was literally and I didn't even know this despite him playing a ton of his ice time with Quinn, he was a number 4 dman for the Vancouver Canucks, a team that might not even have made the playoffs.

Meanwhile Travis Hamonic what your the Flames number 2, if he's not a top 4 dman on a playoff team the exact same is said for Chris Tanev.

absolute hilarious now the the Flames will not get Hamonic back you guys are throwing him under the bus, lol.

Flames fans have been shitting on Hamonic for awhile no need to get so sensitive.

Reactions: Snakepit

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
shitting on him because he didn't suit up for the playoffs. Similar to Boston Bruins to Rask.

No long before that. He just isn’t good anymore. Could bounce back on another team maybe.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
He just isn’t good anymore.

ya know what, the funny thing is Canucks Reddit is also selling this about Chris Tanev, and of course I will keep saying, (4th line Beage at age 32 gets a 4 year offer, top 2 dman Chris Tanev at age 31 team of the Canucks for 10 years gets a 2 year offer).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad