Rumor: Canucks interested in Vatanen, Hamonic, and Gustafsson

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
You don’t think Virtanen and Sutter could get positive asset bro?
In this environment: not really.

Who would take Virtanen at say 7M?

Edit: to be clear, Sutter makes 4.4M and I am assuming that Virtanen’s new construct is between 2.2 and 3M given comparables.

There are several alternatives including far better players that you can get for that: Hoffman, Dady, Granlund, Haula, Duclair and Sodeberg all put up the same or better numbers last year. Then add in the potential trade dumps by Vegas (Patches, JAM) or Golden Knights (Gourde, Killorn) and I struggle why this offer means much

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

Edit: to be clear, Sutter makes 4.4M and I am assuming that Virtanen’s new construct is between 2.2 and 3M given comparables.

There are several alternatives including far better players that you can get for that: Hoffman, Dady, Granlund, Haula, Duclair and Sodeberg all put up the same or better numbers last year. Then add in the potential trade dumps by Vegas (Patches, JAM) or Golden Knights (Gourde, Killorn) and I struggle why this offer means much
Also for a second argument: I’d argue that Johnssom (NJ) and Virtanen are fairly similar in value; Johnssom just went for essentially not even a third round pick value

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I mean Virtanen is an excellent asset, I’d value him at a 2nd round pick. If a team in need of a center has cap room why wouldn’t you get Virtanen for free? Detroit maybe?
I mean it’s not clear to me what Virtanen is worth given other options: the opportunity cost of 7M of cap space is high. For a somewhat competitive team there is much better value. For rebuilding teams, is it the best use of cap space? It’s not obvious

in regular environments, I agree: but we just saw a 2D at 6M go for a third, Tyler Johnson not get claimed and Colorado only offer offering Taylor Hall 6.5M for one year?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Is Vatanen a top 4 dman tho? If he is thisd be ok

Hughes Schmidt
Edler Vatarnan
Rathbone Myers
Benn

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I’m sorry but I don’t buy it. Holtby was hot garbage and used his cup to pillage the Canucks. If Seattle was smart they would think of pillaging canucks management as well. For his performance and pay it is an albatross.

Look I know what it means. Dim Jim signed him for 1 year too long, took the team back a decade.
Sorry but what in the hell are you even talking about? Benning set the team back a decade by signing a goaltender to a two year contract? :laugh:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Tampa Golden Knights?? Add to that list Johnson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->