Rumor: Canucks interested in Vatanen, Hamonic, and Gustafsson

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Ok but it is still an albatross of a contract especially when compared to Holtby’s performance art on the ice since his cup. He’s not good and theres a hood tax for taking a horrible contract like that.
Albatross and 2 years do not go together. If it were long term then sure. It’s not a good contract but it’s not bad either, I’m fine with this compared to what Markstrom ended up getting based on our particular situation.

Reactions: King 88

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Ok but it is still an albatross of a contract especially when compared to Holtby’s performance art on the ice since his cup. He’s not good and theres a hood tax for taking a horrible contract like that.
You are aware of the contract he signed right? It’s not even close to being in the realm of an albatross contract

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Albatross and 2 years do not go together. If it were long term then sure. It’s not a good contract but it’s not bad either, I’m fine with this compared to what Markstrom ended up getting based on our particular situation.
I’m sorry but I don’t buy it. Holtby was hot garbage and used his cup to pillage the Canucks. If Seattle was smart they would think of pillaging canucks management as well. For his performance and pay it is an albatross.
You are aware of the contract he signed right? It’s not even close to being in the realm of an albatross contract
Look I know what it means. Dim Jim signed him for 1 year too long, took the team back a decade.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I’m sorry but I don’t buy it. Holtby was hot garbage and used his cup to pillage the Canucks. If Seattle was smart they would think of pillaging canucks management as well. For his performance and pay it is an albatross.

Garsh you're spunky!

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Look I know what it means. Dim Jim signed him for 1 year too long, took the team back a decade.

A two year contract is actually the perfect signing.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC

Umm what? :laugh:

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013

There’s plenty of reasons to shit on Nucks mgmt right now, not sure why you’re focussed on the one thing they did right. . I don’t think you know what an albatross contract is

Reactions: THE Green Man

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Look I know the definition, but he’s so bad you’ll most likely want him gone the first couple months. Then it becomes an albatross because for a year and a half you’re stuck on an island with no takers.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Look I know the definition, but he’s so bad you’ll most likely want him gone the first couple months. Then it becomes an albatross because for a year and a half you’re stuck on an island with no takers.
You realize he was signed as a Backup/Mentor..... we aren’t stuck on an island with him....your Schtick is worse than mine :laugh:

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
If we can find a way to get one of these three on a short cheap deal, our d is set and upgraded significantly.

Gustafsson signed with Philly today, but your point is valid. Not so sold on Hamonic but Vatanen would be a good get.

Schmidt + Vatanen >> Tanev + Stecher

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Vatanen on a cheap deal for the third pair would solidify the D pretty well.

Edler Schmidt
Hughes Myers
Juolevi/Benn Vatanen

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010

Edler Schmidt
Hughes Myers
Juolevi/Benn Vatanen
Vatanen will play above* Juolevi.
Rafferty and Juolevi will be 7 & 8 (in some order)

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Gustafsson signed with Philly today, but your point is valid. Not so sold on Hamonic but Vatanen would be a good get.

Schmidt + Vatanen >> Tanev + Stecher

They have 2 million left to sign their RFAs, where are they getting the money to sign Vatanen?

Seventy7

May 16, 2015

Edler Schmidt
Hughes Myers
Juolevi/Benn Vatanen

They’ll have to likely move some cap to make that work. But I think this is a move they’d like to make as well.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
They have 2 million left to sign their RFAs, where are they getting the money to sign Vatanen?

There's a cap clearing move coming for sure. It'll happen. As it stands, we can barely/can't even afford our RFA's in Virtanen and Gaudette right now with holes in our lineup.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Ferland going LTIR, Whis has is likely, opens up 3.5. Sending Baertschi to Utica opens up another million, same with LE. That gives you 7.5. JV and AG will take up 4 absolute max.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Here’s what I would do:

Sutter+Virtanen for a mid round pick
Benn+Pick for future considerations
Sign Vatanen 1-2 years at 2 million per
Sign Duclair to a 1 year 2.75 million per deal
Resign Gaudette and Leivo

Miller-Petey-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Duclair
Rousell-Gaudette-Leivo
Motte-Beagle-MacEwan

Hughes-Myers
Edler-Schmidt
Juolevi-Vatanen
Rafferty/Chatfield

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Here’s what I would do:

Sutter+Virtanen for a mid round pick
Benn+Pick for future considerations
Sign Vatanen 1-2 years at 2 million per
Sign Duclair to a 1 year 2.75 million per deal
Resign Gaudette and Leivo

Miller-Petey-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Duclair
Rousell-Gaudette-Leivo
Motte-Beagle-MacEwan

Hughes-Myers
Edler-Schmidt
Juolevi-Vatanen
Rafferty/Chatfield
Friend I don’t think cap space is cheap: look what it cost Vegas to move Schmidt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad