Friedman: Calgary will consider offers on Dougie Hamilton and Sam Bennett

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Hamilton and Bennett is definitely a package I'd explore from Toronto's perspective.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
How do Flames fans feel about a deal around Kessel for Hamilton?

Maybe Kessel+Maatta for Hamilton+Bennett?

I know Calgary is in the market for a top line RW and Pitt really needs a D upgrade.

Kessel is too old for me at this point to trading away assets like Hamilton for. Kessel is coming off a huge year, but will be 31 at the start of next season. If the Flames were a contending team with a closing window looking to push themselves over the edge Kessel would be the perfect add. The Flames are too young and probably still need a 2 years of development.

Kessel is good, but doesn't fit with the age structure of the Flames.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I wouldn't mind bringing Bennett in as a 3/4C to Columbus.

Let him, Sedlak, Stenlund fight for a 3/4C spot which will be in rotation all season unless someone solidifies themselves.

Jackets direly need center depth if they wanna compete next season. Bennett may or may not be the answer. But for the right price it could be worth the risk.

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
I understand that it isn’t what Flames fans want, but how is it an awful offer when it’s about twice as valuable as what Hamilton was traded for just 3 years ago?

Because:

a) Thats roughly the same package we gave up for him, not twice as valuable. (Unless Labanc is amazing dark horse prospect I have barely heard about.)

b) In those three years he's signed a cap friendly deal, hit 40+ points in each of those seasons, and was 9th in Norris voting last year. His value has skyrocketed since then.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Because:

a) Thats roughly the same package we gave up for him, not twice as valuable. (Unless Labanc is amazing dark horse prospect I have barely heard about.)

b) In those three years he's signed a cap friendly deal, hit 40+ points in each of those seasons, and was 9th in Norris voting last year. His value has skyrocketed since then.

LaBanc scored 40 points in the NHL this season at age 21-22 and is a RW. He is a pretty valuable piece.

Maybe it isn’t quite twice as valuable, but it’s #21 and a pick that will likely be between #15 and #30. That’s about comparable to #15, #45, and #52. Adding LaBanc is a lot. You have to remember that Hamilton was also only 21 years old at the time and he will be 25 at the start of next season. I understand that his value his increased but I don’t think it’s by quite as much as you’re expecting.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Again, as a primary piece Leblanc isn't interesting, he scored 11 goals this year, its nice he got 29 assists but he's not even close to what the Flames would want for Hamilton.

Again, they are not rebuilding, so the draft choices wouldn't be the first interest, The Flames want an established first line player on the right side in the same age group as Gaudreau and Monahan.

If the Flames were going to trade Hamilton, which I doubt, they would want that one massive piece that they're missing right now.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I understand that it isn’t what Flames fans want, but how is it an awful offer when it’s about twice as valuable as what Hamilton was traded for just 3 years ago?

Twice as valuable? Picks aren't going to do us any good. We need a top line RW back. LaBanc isn't that.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I can see Dougie Hamilton going to Carolina, with the Canes making everyone available(expect Aho, which is understandable.)

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I can see Dougie Hamilton going to Carolina, with the Canes making everyone available(expect Aho, which is understandable.)

Eh I don't really see how Hamilton going to the Canes helps the Canes nor Flames. Unless it's something crazy like Hamilton for Faulk, Lindholm, 2019 1st, etc.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Stalking your posts? Yes because it’s my fault you post dumb **** on basically every forum. I don’t see how replying to something is stalking but whatever you say
You responded to something I wrote like last week. A bit too late no?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Sorry, I didn’t realize there was a time limit when it comes to responding
Yah keep that in mind when you respond to people. Also why haven't you responded to other people's comments that were posted last week and just mine...

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Eh I don't really see how Hamilton going to the Canes helps the Canes nor Flames. Unless it's something crazy like Hamilton for Faulk, Lindholm, 2019 1st, etc.

True enough, if Dougie Hamilton is traded, he goes out East to a team not named Maple Leafs(the Leafs and the Flames don't make good trading partners.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
How good is Bennett as a C? from a Jets POV, If Stastny is not signed and Bennett is acquired, he would be slotted as an offensive 3C role (Scheifele-Little-Bennett-Lowry) with likely wingers being LW Perreault and RW Roslovic or Armia.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
How good is Bennett as a C? from a Jets POV, If Stastny is not signed and Bennett is acquired, he would be slotted as an offensive 3C role (Scheifele-Little-Bennett-Lowry) with likely wingers being LW Perreault and RW Roslovic or Armia.

He's not bad at C.
Just never given the opportunity to succeed there.

His linemates playing centre were generally:
Scrub AHLer. Brouwer, who is sub scrub NHLer and the ghost of Kris Versteeg.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Man I'd love Hamilton in Ottawa if we could pull it off without giving up Stone.

Hoffman, Ceci, Pageau and 22OA would be the main pieces on the table.

What is Frolik worth to CAL fans? Would you throw him into a deal to even out salary? Obviously I'm sure you would rather brouwer but just asking.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Man I'd love Hamilton in Ottawa if we could pull it off without giving up Stone.

Hoffman, Ceci, Pageau and 22OA would be the main pieces on the table.

What is Frolik worth to CAL fans? Would you throw him into a deal to even out salary? Obviously I'm sure you would rather brouwer but just asking.
They need a solid RW. Dzingel would be a minimum in a package along with 22 OA ++. I got shot down pages ago because its "Stone or no deal".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad