Friedman: Calgary will consider offers on Dougie Hamilton and Sam Bennett

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
No but hes right. Doesn't have to be major but Stone in a pure valuation sense or Pastra are worth more. Hell I think Pastra is better than Stone (age, 30+ g). Not hugely more and Hamilton looks very good. No one would 1:1 though. Plus a prospect is about right valuations
its shocking flames homers don't understand that

(it really isn't lol)

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
can someone please enlighten me as to how Hamilton was traded for like a 1st + 2nds or something like that and now I see flames fans asking for Pastrnak LOL

Because he's played better in Calgary than he has in Boston? He's also one of the best OFD's out there. So please, tell me why he isn't worth more than what we paid for him. We paid in picks for his potential, and the 24 year old is doing exactly expected of him and more.

Last edited:

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
If Hamilton is worth the same as we gave to Boston, does that mean Bennett is worth a 4th overall pick?

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
No but hes right. Doesn't have to be major but Stone in a pure valuation sense or Pastra are worth more. Hell I think Pastra is better than Stone (age, 30+ g). Not hugely more and Hamilton looks very good. No one would 1:1 though. Plus a prospect is about right valuations
Which is fine but we are not looking to trade him so unless we get a 1RW we have 0 reason to move Hamilton.

We don't like the whole late first + young role players that has gotten offered since the rumor came up. But you're right it has gone overboard the other way I believe a once saw Stone + 4th overall for Hamilton + Bennett.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
That's the problem though, the Flames would only trade Hamilton to fix their top line RW, so Aho really would be the only thing to fit the bill or the 2oa, other then that you don't have much there.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
That's the problem though, the Flames would only trade Hamilton to fix their top line RW, so Aho really would be the only thing to fit the bill or the 2oa, other then that you don't have much there.

Would Teravainen + get it started?

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Not really, no. To me, its not about anything but being a hockey trade, and Calgary would want a top line natural RW for Hamilton.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Is Calgary looking at the playoffs and thinking they need tougher dee then just pure offense. Can be no other reason to want to give up on Dougie this soon. It is odd that trading him is even in the discussion. The article tries to point out possible locker room problems with his personality. It seems to follow him, from Niagara to Boston being aloof. Talented player but not everyone's cup of tea I guess. Sure would get a good haul for him as his value is up there.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I'd consider moving Dzingel if it was in a packae for Dougie. But we'd have to keep Hoffman long term, which I'm fine with.

But Hoff is likely on his way out and I can see him being the main piece in a deal for Dougie. He played RW at the end of the year with Dzingel and Duchene and killed it. Playing the off wing as a sniper can be lethal.

I get that Flames fans want Stone back in return and I don't blame them, I would too. But it's Hamilton who is being shopped by Treliving, while Stone is apparently more untouchable to us than EK. So I don't see Stone moving. Maybe the talks stop there but I doubt it with Hoff available
Hamilton is not being shopped. Did you even read the article? It was about the Flames wanting to move up into the first round and Friedman said something to effect of "teams will ask about Hamilton" and "it would have to be a massive offer"

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Is Calgary looking at the playoffs and thinking they need tougher dee then just pure offense. Can be no other reason to want to give up on Dougie this soon. Seems odd that trading him is even in discussion. The article seems to point out possible locker room problems with his personality, it seems to follow him, from Niagara to Boston. Talented player but not everyone's cup of tea I guess. Sure would get a good haul for him as his value is up there.
As has been stated multiple times

THE FLAMES ARE NOT SHOPPING HAMILTON

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
As has been stated multiple times

THE FLAMES ARE NOT SHOPPING HAMILTON
So why is the thread still open if you can scream so loud lol. Anyways about his locker room perception which is in the article, that does seem real and I heard it around Niagara and it came up in Boston.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
So why is the thread still open if you can scream so loud lol. Anyways about his locker room perception which is in the article, that does seem real and I heard it around Niagara and it came up in Boston.
did you read the article in the OP? It states "TEAMS WILL ASK ABOUT HAMILTON" says absolutely nothing about the Flames shopping him. Of course the Flames will listen, that's just doing their due diligence.

As for those supposed locker room problems, the article says no such thing, he just gives an opinion based on the Bruins where he was a 21 kid on a veteran team, by all accounts Hamilton has fit in extremely well in Calgary.

But it's all irrelevant because the Flames aren't shopping him. I'm not sure why that is so difficult to understand.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
I wonder if Calgary pulls the trigger on an offer of one of Puljujärvi or Yamamoto for Hamilton. They're a bit unproven in the #1RW position but Hamilton has quite a bit of baggage himself considering he gets traded so often so maybe that evens out the trade value.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I wonder if Calgary pulls the trigger on an offer of one of Puljujärvi or Yamamoto for Hamilton. They're a bit unproven in the #1RW position but Hamilton has quite a bit of baggage himself considering he gets traded so often so maybe that evens out the trade value.

Lol, one trade means getting traded so often. Makes sense.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Bennett for a 4th rounder. Flames should do Bennett a fan favour and let him go to an organization with solid management, coaching and ownership... something the flames severely lack.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Because he's older. Signed and better.
Filip Forsberg was traded for Martin Erat. If you wanted to trade for Forsberg now, would it cost you a guy who won't be in the NHL in a couple years?

Remember, when Dougie came to Calgary, he was like 21 and as raw as they came. They've sculpted a ridiculously high quality Dman out of him. Of course the price will be high; think of the last few top pairing guys to move. Think of what the return was, now consider you're getting a guy who's not even 25, can put up 40+ points easily and signed long term on a good value deal. There you have it.

I value Dougie highly but I disagree on your statement. Dougie was already a great defenseman, a top pairing guy for sure. The notion that he’s improved significantly since being traded to Calgary seems wrong to me. Sure, he’s worth more than a mid-1st and a couple 2nds, but he was always worth more than that. Calgary just got him for less than Boston should have sold him for.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You mean, Jesse "Finnish GM was right and passed on me" Puljujarvi?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->