Friedman: Calgary will consider offers on Dougie Hamilton and Sam Bennett

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Ahhh, the old 'I don't want to give up anything of real value, but want this player still' proposal.

Ah the Ol' "we want to get rid of this player but somehow he is still worth fourteen firsts and all the stars on your roster" counter proposal

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Ah the Ol' "we want to get rid of this player but somehow he is still worth fourteen firsts and all the stars on your roster" counter proposal

The Flames aren't looking to get rid of anyone. Hamilton is a top pairing 24 year old d-man. He's capable of 45+ points and he's 6'6''. He's also getting better every year.

He has value, and the Flames do not need to trade him.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005

Ah the old, you don't know what your talking about so you make up a false narrative, seen it a million times, sad really sad.

Jan 21, 2018
Connor Brown + Andreas Johnsson + 25th overall

Why are the leafs moving these assets for a forward, let alone one that has struggled with development?

This the the type of package you move for an older top 4D or a young potential top 4D. The leafs have absolutely no use for Bennett.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Ah the old 'We're actually not looking to trade this player, and Friedman was just spitballing'.
Flames are a worse team without Dougie.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Why are the leafs moving these assets for a forward, let alone one that has struggled with development?

This the the type of package you move for an older top 4D or a young potential top 4D. The leafs have absolutely no use for Bennett.
Sorry, I didn't see Bennett's name in the title. It was my offer for Hamilton.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Elias Lindholm for Dougie Hamilton.
I am a big Lindholm fan, but we'd need a a decent amount more.

I would consider Nylander straight up, if that catches the attention of CGY fans.
I think it would require a plus on the Leafs side, just not sure how much of one.

Did you read the article? It literally states teams will ask about Hamilton but the Flames won't move him unless they get an offer to make them want to move him.

Nylander + 2018 1st for Hamilton

Simple Draft Day Trade
This might be in the right ballpark

Reactions: Nazem to Nylander

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I am a big Lindholm fan, but we'd need a a decent amount more.

I think it would require a plus on the Leafs side, just not sure how much of one.

Did you read the article? It literally states teams will ask about Hamilton but the Flames won't move him unless they get an offer to make them want to move him.

Of course not lol I couldn't care less about Hamilton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad