Friedman: Calgary will consider offers on Dougie Hamilton and Sam Bennett

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Man I'd love Hamilton in Ottawa if we could pull it off without giving up Stone.

I think without Stone, the only piece that would get the conversation even started is the fourth overall, but Flames aren't interested in trading Hamilton for just futures, so there would need to be a forward piece that would help the Flames now as well.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
They need a solid RW. Dzingel would be a minimum in a package along with 22 OA ++. I got shot down pages ago because its "Stone or no deal".

I'd consider moving Dzingel if it was in a packae for Dougie. But we'd have to keep Hoffman long term, which I'm fine with.

But Hoff is likely on his way out and I can see him being the main piece in a deal for Dougie. He played RW at the end of the year with Dzingel and Duchene and killed it. Playing the off wing as a sniper can be lethal.

I get that Flames fans want Stone back in return and I don't blame them, I would too. But it's Hamilton who is being shopped by Treliving, while Stone is apparently more untouchable to us than EK. So I don't see Stone moving. Maybe the talks stop there but I doubt it with Hoff available

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I'd consider moving Dzingel if it was in a packae for Dougie. But we'd have to keep Hoffman long term, which I'm fine with.

But Hoff is likely on his way out and I can see him being the main piece in a deal for Dougie. He played RW at the end of the year with Dzingel and Duchene and killed it. Playing the off wing as a sniper can be lethal.

I get that Flames fans want Stone back in return and I don't blame them, I would too. But it's Hamilton who is being shopped by Treliving, while Stone is apparently more untouchable to us than EK. So I don't see Stone moving. Maybe the talks stop there but I doubt it with Hoff available
I honestly think Tre is not shopping Hamilton. He is probably listening to all offers as any GM would for their players.

I doubt Hamilton isn't in the line up for the Flames this October.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I honestly think Tre is not shopping Hamilton. He is probably listening to all offers as any GM would for their players.

I doubt Hamilton isn't in the line up for the Flames this October.

I think that's pretty absurd. Hamilton is part of the core. You should not trade a player like that. The coaches have already taken the heat for last season.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I think that's pretty absurd. Hamilton is part of the core. You should not trade a player like that. The coaches have already taken the heat for last season.

If we can trade Hamilton for someone like Stone or Pasta... then I would do it 100%... we have depth in the system at D.

Aside from that... I would not trade Hamilton for a sub par Forward and a sub par dman... or any type of combination where a top RW is coming back.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
If we can trade Hamilton for someone like Stone or Pasta... then I would do it 100%... we have depth in the system at D.

Aside from that... I would not trade Hamilton for a sub par Forward and a sub par dman... or any type of combination where a top RW is coming back.
if you were willing to add something significant to hamilton in order to acquire stone and pasta, then the other team might make that hypothetical trade

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
if you were willing to add something significant to hamilton in order to acquire stone and pasta, then the other team might make that hypothetical trade

Your valuation of Hamilton is so low that I am sure you think the Flames would have to add one of Chucky/Gaudreau/ Monahan for Stone or Pasta....

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Your valuation of Hamilton is so low that I am sure you think the Flames would have to add one of Chucky/Gaudreau/ Monahan for Stone or Pasta....
lmao i knew you'd reply like this

two of hamilton + Chucky/Gaudreau/ Monahan for stone/pasta + something else important

feel better?

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
lmao i knew you'd reply like this

two of hamilton + Chucky/Gaudreau/ Monahan for stone/pasta + something else important

feel better?

Your input in these Flames threads has 0 value and reason. You talk our of your back end but won't step up and give some sort of a reasonable proposal.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
No but hes right. Doesn't have to be major but Stone in a pure valuation sense or Pastra are worth more. Hell I think Pastra is better than Stone (age, 30+ g). Not hugely more and Hamilton looks very good. No one would 1:1 though. Plus a prospect is about right valuations

Jan 21, 2018
can someone please enlighten me as to how Hamilton was traded for like a 1st + 2nds or something like that and now I see flames fans asking for Pastrnak LOL

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
No but hes right. Doesn't have to be major but Stone in a pure valuation sense or Pastra are worth more. Hell I think Pastra is better than Stone (age, 30+ g). Not hugely more and Hamilton looks very good. No one would 1:1 though. Plus a prospect is about right valuations

You would be shocked as to what he would say we would need to add to Hamilton for someone like Stone....

I like Stone a lot so I would add a prospect from the Flames.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
can someone please enlighten me as to how Hamilton was traded for like a 1st + 2nds or something like that and now I see flames fans asking for Pastrnak LOL

I use Pasta/Stone as a comparable of what it would take to pry Hamilton from Calgary. The notion that the Flames are out there desperate to sell him is absurd.

Oh and, guess what? young players sometimes get better and progress... value goes up too you know? or his value should always be 1 1st and 2 2nds?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Because he's older. Signed and better.
Filip Forsberg was traded for Martin Erat. If you wanted to trade for Forsberg now, would it cost you a guy who won't be in the NHL in a couple years?

Remember, when Dougie came to Calgary, he was like 21 and as raw as they came. They've sculpted a ridiculously high quality Dman out of him. Of course the price will be high; think of the last few top pairing guys to move. Think of what the return was, now consider you're getting a guy who's not even 25, can put up 40+ points easily and signed long term on a good value deal. There you have it.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Because he's older. Signed and better.
Filip Forsberg was traded for Martin Erat. If you wanted to trade for Forsberg now, would it cost you a guy who won't be in the NHL in a couple years?

Remember, when Dougie came to Calgary, he was like 21 and as raw as they came. They've sculpted a ridiculously high quality Dman out of him. Of course the price will be high; think of the last few top pairing guys to move. Think of what the return was, now consider you're getting a guy who's not even 25, can put up 40+ points easily and signed long term on a good value deal. There you have it.

His comment is clearly made based on not even watching the FLames at all

But boy was it ever a steal of a deal for what we traded to get him. Sure worked out for the FLames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad