Prospect Info: Cale Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Every team attempts to insert young players every year. We as fans need to allow these kids to grow into NHL players and not criticize them like they are seasoned vets. He made a mistake that led to a goal and was crucified by a lot of posters in the GDT thread. Give the kids some growing pain space.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Every team attempts to insert young players every year. We as fans need to allow these kids to grow into NHL players and not criticize them like they are seasoned vets. He made a mistake that led to a goal and was crucified by a lot of posters in the GDT thread. Give the kids some growing pain space.

So, people were crucifying Michel Therrien because he was hard on a kid making mistakes.... and then do the exact same thing themselves. Ok.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

wasn't it 3 mistakes on 3 goals? I didn't see the leafs goals so just going by what I read on here.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
wasn't it 3 mistakes on 3 goals? I didn't see the leafs goals so just going by what I read on here.
The only one I remember clearly was Suzuki getting stripped of the puck behind his own net. Just a case of not being ready for the speed of the NHL, bet it doesn't happen to him again.

Reactions: dralaf

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The only one I remember clearly was Suzuki getting stripped of the puck behind his own net. Just a case of not being ready for the speed of the NHL, bet it doesn't happen to him again.

He got stripped,yes,but due to a slash on the fingers,should have been blown down.

Reactions: tazsub3

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I was talking about Fleury, I know against the Canes he made one mistake that led to a goal as I watched it. For the leafs game I didn't see the goals against but the GDT was very harsh on his game saying he was making a lot of mistakes and that he ended being benched which is why he ended up playing less then 11 minutes. I know I saw a few posters say Fleury was at fault for 2 goals against but since I didn't see them I can't say.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
He means you can't have all kids on D. After Fleury's error, Weber sat beside him and they had a discussion of the play. Weber is obviously a mentor.

Personally, I'd trade Juulsen. Keep Fleury and Brook.
And that's so key for Weber or any veteran to do stuff like this. Tell the kid what he did wrong and move on from it. Physical mistakes are more acceptable than mental mistakes. Fleury is a coachable kid and I'm sure he appreciated it and will benefit going forward.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I like Fleury and think he has a bright future but I think he needs more time in Laval. They will give him a few more game to see if he can adjust but he's gotta be better. Right now he's hurting Kulak more than helping.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I like Fleury and think he has a bright future but I think he needs more time in Laval. They will give him a few more game to see if he can adjust but he's gotta be better. Right now he's hurting Kulak more than helping.

I think he's better than Folin still. Folin is slow and his turnovers cost us when we were fighting for a playoff spot the last few games.

Reilly's still a train wreck.

So, I definitely hope Fleury can get up to speed. Timmins used to say it takes a certain number of games for NHL Dmen to adapt. I think it was either 60 or 100, don't recall...

But if Laval is what's best for Fleury's development long term, Laval it should be.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Totally agree that a player with no NHL experience needs to be given rope. However, I’d caution about using the contents of GDTs to mean anything as we all know they’re mostly a cesspool of hot takes and hyperbole.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
He got stripped,yes,but due to a slash on the fingers,should have been blown down.

The slash wasn't on his fingers, it was on the top half of his stick and it was so hard it made his stick collide with boards and break as a result. In a regular season game it gets called 9 times out of 10 but we were unlucky and the refs didn't call the penalty, which ended up costing us a goal.

Suzuki could have been stronger on the puck behind his own net, true, but we shouldn't be that harsh on him for this play as he is still a very fresh and green rookie, same as Fleury. Hopefully Zaibatsu and Flowery learn from this and come back stronger.

Reactions: Acadien86

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I think he's better than Folin still. Folin is slow and his turnovers cost us when we were fighting for a playoff spot the last few games.

Reilly's still a train wreck.

So, I definitely hope Fleury can get up to speed. Timmins used to say it takes a certain number of games for NHL Dmen to adapt. I think it was either 60 or 100, don't recall...

But if Laval is what's best for Fleury's development long term, Laval it should be.

Yeah no doubt I'd rather see him play rather than Folin or Rielly. It's definitely just growing pains of a rookie, which I hope they live with. But it's gonna be tough if they keep giving him sheltered minutes and he keeps being directly responsible for goals, which he was in both games.

It's just a question of if they want to give him time to work through it in Montreal or Laval.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
As long as we are winning, they will let him make his mistakes. It’s only been two games, let him play and figure it out, same with Suzuki.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I wish Kulak was playing with Petry. They were good together last sesason. Chariot probably better playing with the rookie

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I actually think that Petry is our #1 and Weber needs to be moved or play on the second.

1A and 1B. We can use both of them in the roles they are strong at. Actually, Petry has more ice time than Weber so far this year. 26:56 vs 25:31.

Just cause the Mete and Weber line is listed above the Chariot and Petry line, it don't mean ice time goes that way game to game.

Reactions: Goal Caufield

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
I wish Kulak was playing with Petry. They were good together last sesason. Chariot probably better playing with the rookie

Well Petry stated that he preferred having a stay-at-home D as his partner. Being a vet and our best defenseman, it seems reasonable to try to accommodate him.

I think kulak did well and is still an option, but you have to try Chiarot for a while.

Also Chiarot has been playing fine so far. People need to stop deciding who is going to play well or not ahead of games being played. The bias is obvious and it just makes posters look stupid when they keep babbling nonsense about everything. Same with obsessive MB and CJ haters.

Reactions: Vachon23

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I actually think that Petry is our #1 and Weber needs to be moved or play on the second.

Petry has 1-2min TOI average over Weber already.

26:56 - Petry
25:31 - Weber
23:46 - Chiarot
19:58 - Mete
13:36 - Kulak
12:40 - Fleury

Fleury will learn that the pace of the NHL is so high that you can't extend your shift over 40-45seconds. He learn'd that the hard way running around while the leafs top line were toying with him and Kulak.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014

As for Suzuki; he is one of the smartest people that will ever play for the Montreal Canadiens. He was already coaching his teammates in the OHL. So many reports from the inside says that Suzuki's hockey sense is genius level.

Watch Clode when he talks about Suzuki, I think i've heard him at least 5-6 times on different interview say how smart the kid is.

I would easily bet that this shit will not happen to him anytime soon. Smart people learns from their mistakes.

Dumb players like Beaulieu blames everything except themselves so they will just repeat it again and again expecting it to end in a different manner because it makes sense in his head.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Honestly it’s more Kulak that is hurting Fleury performance right know

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah no doubt I'd rather see him play rather than Folin or Rielly. It's definitely just growing pains of a rookie, which I hope they live with. But it's gonna be tough if they keep giving him sheltered minutes and he keeps being directly responsible for goals, which he was in both games.

It's just a question of if they want to give him time to work through it in Montreal or Laval.

I think the first goal against Carolina was more on Thompson and Chiarot.

Chiarot for the needless icing which led to a faceoff back in our zone. Thompson because, after losing the draw, he didn't cover the center man he lost the draw to but rather stayed in no-man's land puck watching. Fleury was taking the winger, who drifted back toward the high slot. When Fleury saw that Thompson then decided to also cover that man in the high slot, he went back to cover the center. But it was too late. The shot had come through from the blue line and Kulak was stuck with two men in front. Thompson's got to cover his man.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This is exactly why we can'thave nice things here. Live with the growing pains of a young player, for christ sakes. Its two games in, mistakes are going to happen

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Honestly it’s more Kulak that is hurting Fleury performance right know

not in the 1st game, it was Fleury that was way out of position leaving Kulak to defend against 2 players that resulted in the goal. I don't know about the leafs game since I didn't see that much of it.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
1A and 1B. We can use both of them in the roles they are strong at. Actually, Petry has more ice time than Weber so far this year. 26:56 vs 25:31.

Just cause the Mete and Weber line is listed above the Chariot and Petry line, it don't mean ice time goes that way game to game.
For sure and the staff has been telling is this for a couple years. It's matchup based.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille