Prospect Info: Cale Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
-61. Must be good.

And a RD, our biggest position of need!

Come on.

Never draft based on our organizational need. Thats a recipe for disaster. The way I see it, many of these players will be playing left and right regardless. That is an impressive D haul for the Habs at this point.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Never draft based on our organizational need. Thats a recipe for disaster. The way I see it, many of these players will be playing left and right regardless. That is an impressive D haul for the Habs at this point.

I have no problem with this pick. It's the Walford one I don't care for since he could have been taken later and the Habs could have taken some offence.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
If any of you saw Kootenay play, you would understand the -61... he has to get out of that team.

Aug 10, 2015
Congrats to you guys on getting Fleury, as a season ticket holder of the Kootenay Ice, I was praying Edmonton would take him with one of our two 3rd round picks and I'm jealous on Montreal for getting him. I've watched most of his games for Kootenay, our captain this year on a very bad team, he's going to be fun to watch in the NHL (and although I'm very biased of course, I think he will have a very good shot to make the NHL).

Even as a 16 year old I saw much bigger players go to hit him and bounce off of him leave his standing and them lying on the ice. He likes to go for the big hit and will occasionally get out of position as a result but overall a talented player. Don't let his plus/minus influence you...you got a keeper.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Congrats to you guys on getting Fleury, as a season ticket holder of the Kootenay Ice, I was praying Edmonton would take him with one of our two 3rd round picks and I'm jealous on Montreal for getting him. I've watched most of his games for Kootenay, our captain this year on a very bad team, he's going to be fun to watch in the NHL (and although I'm very biased of course, I think he will have a very good shot to make the NHL).

Even as a 16 year old I saw much bigger players go to hit him and bounce off of him leave his standing and them lying on the ice. He likes to go for the big hit and will occasionally get out of position as a result but overall a talented player. Don't let his plus/minus influence you...you got a keeper.

Good for us! Thanks for the report!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Thanks for the words!

As a season ticket hold I really hope Kootenay is better for you next year :laugh:

Reactions: larrypacman8167

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
But look at that trash D core in Kootenay. He is the only semi-decent D there. He probably got a boatload of icetime and that probably why his +/- was so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad