Prospect Info: C Dillon Dube, 56th overall

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I don't disagree that I like it more, but at the same time it has the potential to be even worse than some of those lines.

That’s very tough to be worse tha. Some of those bottom line groups.

Honestly, that few games where Mangi was with Stajan and Lazar; was the best 4th line I’d have seen in a while.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
Is there really an argument for having Lazar or Hathaway above him on the depth chart at the moment? I can’t see him being drastically less effective when they play against NHLers.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Is there really an argument for having Lazar or Hathaway above him on the depth chart at the moment? I can’t see him being drastically less effective when they play against NHLers.
Yes. 4th line minutes in the NHL vs 1st line minutes in the AHL. It's an argument every year and always a valid one

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Hathaway is a very different type of player who you’ll want in certain situations.

You can possibly make the argument against Lazar, who may lose his job to any number of players.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
Hathaway is a very different type of player who you’ll want in certain situations.

You can possibly make the argument against Lazar, who may lose his job to any number of players.
I mean, the only role I see for Hathaway is if extra beef is needed vs the Oilers or Ducks. Dube looks to be better at everything except physicality. I see Hathaway as the extra forward right now, based on talent.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Yep... one could easily make the argument that Hathaway has been as impressive in his role as Dube has been in his, especially when you consider the level of competition each has faced. People need to slow their row until we see guys against stronger competition as the preseason continues.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Talking about Dube or Foo making the team before the 2 rosters are truly merged are fruitless at best. Dube and Foo have looked good in comparison to they have been playing with but the question is how do they measure against the guys that were in China.

Peters likes Hathaway and management is reluctant to lose Lazar (no matter how misguided that may be) so garnering a spot in the line-up as a forward could be quite difficult.

IMO with Kulak's negotiations this summer and how the preseason has gone there likely is more room on the back end for 1 maybe 2 defensemen.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Regarding the Dube comparable discussion in the Vancouver thread, I agree that Mike Comrie is not a bad comparable, but the guy he really reminds me of in terms of offensive game, physicality and his style in the offensive zone is RyJo. I realise that's kind of a homer opinion but I really do think he can be that good given the opportunity.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I just wonder how effective he'll be when not playing C. Wonder if we'll see him get a few games near the end of the preseason on the wing with the rest of the NHL roster. Conventionally playing on the wing is easier than center but it doesn't always work that way. Much easier to have an impact on the game playing the center position and from what I've seen from Dube so far it's been his knowledge and commitment to playing that position well that has really set him apart.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Yes. 4th line minutes in the NHL vs 1st line minutes in the AHL. It's an argument every year and always a valid one
I think it depends how the lines are rolled. If the 4th line is getting 12+ minutes per game (and it may be good enough to do that), then I don't think it's a significant developmental hindrance to a player to be on it.

Reactions: snipetype

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think it depends how the lines are rolled. If the 4th line is getting 12+ minutes per game (and it may be good enough to do that), then I don't think it's a significant developmental hindrance to a player to be on it.
Like I said, its a valid argument

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

Yeah 82 x 13 isn’t that much less than 72 x 17

Especially when you consider it will be against thougher conpetition

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad