Prospect Info: C Dillon Dube, 56th overall

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Not if he doesn't have a feeling, he can't.

hqdefault.jpg

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I haven't seen lines yet for todays game but should be fun watching what we have.

Edit: ...or not

Co8snR-UAAA8kD8.jpg

Guess I'll have to wait for next game.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
The trouble with fitting Dube in - is who does he replace?

And to be clear, I want to fit him in. I would fit him in, but then again I would be willing to make a couple of choices on forward that others are not:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Neal/Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Neal/Lindholm

I think most would agree that the above is our top 6 forwards.

The only way to make the below work is to either cut/trade Frolik or play he and Bennett on the 4th line. Well not the only way, but here are some 3rd and 4th line options.

Bennett - Jankowski - Ryan (Not unlike Lindholm taking some Right Circle faceoffs so can Ryan. This is the line I envisioned back in July.
Frolik-Dube-Czarnik

or

Dube-Ryan-Czarnik (very nice skill and skating on this line)
Bennett-Jankowski-Frolik

I prefer Czarnik being in the Top 9, but also Janko

Dube - Janko - Czarnik
Bennett-Ryan-Frolik

I guess Peters loves Ryan too much for the 4th line.

No room for Lazar, Hathway, Foo, Rychel, Mangiapane

One or two of the above would be healthy scratch extras. I think Hathaway makes sense since we are less concerned with his development.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think it would make sense for Dube to get top line AHL time, and then be the first call up when someone’s injured. The goal would be for him to make Frolik expendable.

Reactions: Cyrano

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The trouble with fitting Dube in - is who does he replace?

Ideally, Bennett plays well enough and Lindholm is good enough at center that they can play with Tkachuk on the 2nd line and we could go with a bottom 6:

Dube-Backlund-Frolik
Ryan-Jankowski-Czarnik

Might not work with Ryan being more a RW than LW but I think we could make it work or switch Ryan and Frolik but I don't thikn Ryan is a good enough defensive guy to really make that line work as well as it could.

More realistically a bottom 6:

Dube-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-Jankowski-Ryan

I hate dragging down Bennett with Jankowski again and having him with "4th" lines minutes but I also don't like Dube in that role either and would prefer he gets help with Backlund and Frolik doing the heavy lifting on that line. I also doubt Peters lets his golden boy Ryan sit on the 4th line even if the plan is to even out the minutes.

Edit; Forgot I had Backludn in the top 6 in the 2nd scenario!! So it works out better:

Dube-Ryan-Frolik
Bennett-Jankowski-Czarnik

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I don't want to play Frolik on the fourth line but for the purposes of argument this is the best case scenario in my opinion for a roster with Dube.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Tkachuk
Neal - Backlund - Lindholm
Dube - Ryan - Czarnik
Bennett - Jankowski - Frolik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad