C Cole Cassels (2013, 85th, VAN)

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Maybe Demko, but I'd like to see him play more.

As for Cassels, you have to see him play, he's done a great job shutting down the opponents 1C in the second half of the season, all while putting up points.

I've watched Cassels play I can guarantee that :laugh:

McCann outscored Cassels while being younger than Cassels. Hey, to each their own. You think Cassels is our best prospect all the power to ya. He's a great prospect. Cassels wouldn't break my top 5 tho.

JerkChicken

Jun 18, 2008
South Sound
Wow craig button with massive praise for cole.

He said that if cassels was in the draft this year, he would be a top 10 pick.

He is turning heads with his play this year, and has some of the highest hockey IQ he has seen in a prospect in quite some time.

While that's all fine & dandy and it's nice to hear people praise your prospect(s)...

Too bad it's from Craig Button. His opinion is one of, if not THE last one I'd ever put any stock into among the hockey 'experts'.

That being said, it's hard not to be impressed with what Cassels has done recently. Very exciting future ahead for him.

Love

Feb 29, 2012

He is turning heads with his play this year, and has some of the highest hockey IQ he has seen in a prospect in quite some time.

Dammit if Button likes him then he's probably terrible.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011

Where did he say that?

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I've watched Cassels play I can guarantee that :laugh:

McCann outscored Cassels while being younger than Cassels. Hey, to each their own. You think Cassels is our best prospect all the power to ya. He's a great prospect. Cassels wouldn't break my top 5 tho.

Virtanen McCann Demko Corrado, who else? Shinkaruk? Id rather have Cassels over Shinkaruk at this point. Its not about Cole's offensive ability, he probably wont be anymore than a #2 center as his ceiling, most likely a #3, but at his progression hes almost certain to make it.

Bo Ho*

Virtanen McCann Demko Corrado, who else? Shinkaruk? Id rather have Cassels over Shinkaruk at this point. Its not about Cole's offensive ability, he probably wont be anymore than a #2 center as his ceiling, most likely a #3, but at his progression hes almost certain to make it.

Gaunce, Clendening, and Baertschi if we're talking most NHL ready.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Baertschi isnt a prospect anymore he has 60+ NHL games. I would not even hesitate taking Cassels over Gaunce and Clendening.
No thanks. Both have easily been our best players in the AHL down the stretch and in the playoffs

Maybe Cassels over Gaunce due to Cassels ceiling being higher (IMO), but I would definitely take Clendening over him

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
Currently I'd say he translates to a 2-3C tweener, being a premier 3C as it stands right now. He's has potential to carve out a decent 2C career given the perfect situation.

This would be unreal. I think he is a ways away however, couple seasons in the AHL wont hurt him IMO.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Gonna be a real nice top 9 Forward, great defensively and very good offensively too. Interesting to see how he turns out, only knock on him is his size and strength, otherwise hes a really good all around player.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Gonna be a real nice top 9 Forward, great defensively and very good offensively too. Interesting to see how he turns out, only knock on him is his size and strength, otherwise hes a really good all around player.

He reminds me of a smaller and much less dynamic Kesler. A very good pick for the 3rd round IMO. Future 3C/2B center in the making.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
He reminds me of a smaller and much less dynamic Kesler. A very good pick for the 3rd round IMO. Future 3C/2B center in the making.

One other main difference is Cassels is looking to pass and set other guys up offensively. Kesler wants to do the shooting and scoring himself.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
One other main difference is Cassels is looking to pass and set other guys up offensively. Kesler wants to do the shooting and scoring himself.

He seems pretty content and capable of shooting the puck himself IMO. That is one of the similarities that I see between the two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad