C Cole Cassels (2013, 85th, VAN)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Lol who actually thinkshe got robbed? Otters were not eeven supposed to beat SSM

He was very good against Erie, that said what McDavid did in these playoffs given the supporting cast was ****ing insane. There's no need to downplay what Cassels and Appleby did though, they were great for their team and they will continue their bid to be considered the best team in junior hockey.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
a 20-year old dominating in juniors? shocking really

Is there really a need for stuff like this? He was very good for them and while he's older, it's not like his contributions should be written off. It looks like we'll see our fair share of him against Vancouver in the fairly near future.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Yeah I agree Connor probably deserved it overall, emotionally though you want to give it to the guy who came up in the big moments again and again and won the head-to-head matchup handedly.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nucks fans have to get excited about guys like this, because they don't get to draft the best player coming out of junior year after year.

He's a hell of a pick IMO. A 3rd rounder being this solid = a very solid pick. While I can't pretend to know what his upside is, he just proved that he's a gamer and that he's a playoff performer.

Shwaguy*

Lol who actually thinkshe got robbed? Otters were not eeven supposed to beat SSM

And according to everyone Generals weren't supposed to beat Erie yet alone crush them in 5. They were wrong and I said that from the start. But that was definitely the public perception

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yeah I agree Connor probably deserved it overall, emotionally though you want to give it to the guy who came up in the big moments again and again and won the head-to-head matchup handedly.

Like he said the team shut down McDavid and Erie, he's a smart kid and should be very good for Vancouver down the road. That said what McDavid did relative to what he had to work with was insane. If it was OHL finals MVP then by all means it should've been him. That said that wasn't what the trophy was about. Besides he won the trophy that matters the most so I think that he's alright.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
And according to everyone Generals weren't supposed to beat Erie yet alone crush them in 5. They were wrong and I said that from the start. But that was definitely the public perception

I was surprised that Erie beat SSM TBH. They really were playing on borrowed time especially with Strome struggling as badly as he did. Oshawa had a better team structure, coaching and goaltending than SSM did. They were clearly the better team and minus McDavid this would've been a sweep and a complete ass kicking.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Like he said the team shut down McDavid and Erie, he's a smart kid and should be very good for Vancouver down the road. That said what McDavid did relative to what he had to work with was insane. If it was OHL finals MVP then by all means it should've been him. That said that wasn't what the trophy was about. Besides he won the trophy that matters the most so I think that he's alright.

Why do people say that it was just Mcdavid vs the world. Everyone called the Generals a team with no names, besides Dal Colle Cassels and Mccaron no one else is even close to being well known name. They won with teamwork and their goalie being rock solid. To say Mcdavid had no supporting cast is insane. They were the better team on paper. Mcdavid being far away the best player on his team doesnt mean his team was useless. That being said, he did deserve the MVP.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Why do people say that it was just Mcdavid vs the world. Everyone called the Generals a team with no names, besides Dal Colle Cassels and Mccaron no one else is even close to being well known name. They won with teamwork and their goalie being rock solid. To say Mcdavid had no supporting cast is insane. They were the better team on paper. Mcdavid being far away the best player on his team doesnt mean his team was useless.

weren't Oshawa the #1 team in the CHL? :laugh:

Shwaguy*

I was surprised that Erie beat SSM TBH. They really were playing on borrowed time especially with Strome struggling as badly as he did. Oshawa had a better team structure, coaching and goaltending than SSM did. They were clearly the better team and minus McDavid this would've been a sweep and a complete ass kicking.

It was still a complete ass kicking lol

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Why do people say that it was just Mcdavid vs the world. Everyone called the Generals a team with no names, besides Dal Colle Cassels and Mccaron no one else is even close to being well known name. They won with teamwork and their goalie being rock solid. To say Mcdavid had no supporting cast is insane. They were the better team on paper. Mcdavid being far away the best player on his team doesnt mean his team was useless.

Have you watched the last couple of series for Erie? The only guy that I thought was a consistent impact player other than McDavid was Elie. Their defense is nowhere near as good as Oshawa's nor were their bottom 6 lines and Williams was garbage against SSM and Oshawa.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Have you watched the last couple of series for Erie? The only guy that I thought was a consistent impact player other than McDavid was Elie. Their defense is nowhere near as good as Oshawa's nor were their bottom 6 lines and Williams was garbage against SSM and Oshawa.

It still doesnt mean he had 0 supporting cast, thats just insane, Mcdavid with Windsor doesnt beat ssm. Its fair to say his teammates were underperforming but its stupid to say he had NO supporting cast. How is that not fair to say.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It was still a complete ass kicking lol

Not really. Games 1 and 2 were close for much of the game and had the Debrincat goal stayed on the board the outcome of the game may have been different. That said it was clear who the better team was, it sounded as if Oshawa was the older team, they played like it.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Calm down Oilers fans.

No need to downplay Cassels. You have a generational player. Be happy.

Canucks got a good prospect in Cassels. Everyone's happy :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad