C Cole Cassels (2013, 85th, VAN)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Anybody have some more information on this kid?, He seems to be playing damn well for the generals.

#Canucks prospect Cole Cassels had two assists and scored the shootout winner in @Oshawa_Generals 5-4 win. Now has 14 PTS (4-10-14) in 12GP.

He was also a standout at the canucks training camp, And also a standout at the canucks prospect camp.

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
Anybody have some more information on this kid?, He seems to be playing damn well for the generals.

#Canucks prospect Cole Cassels had two assists and scored the shootout winner in @Oshawa_Generals 5-4 win. Now has 14 PTS (4-10-14) in 12GP.

He was also a standout at the canucks training camp, And also a standout at the canucks prospect camp.

He's had a good year so far. He won't wow you with skating but it's a bit above average, his skill set is a bit above average but his iq and smarts are very above average. His shot has noticeably improved along with his skating and strength, progressing nicely and suprises he feel as far as he did, should have the tools to atleast be a third line centre in the future. It will be because of his intelligence though

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
So if he does go to the WJC, can he play for usa?

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Before Laughton was sent down: 4 GP, 2 assists, -3. After Laughton was sent down: 8 GP, 4 goals, 8 assists, +6.

Not saying he's a leech, but I wouldn't be fooled by the recent offensive explosion.

Lord Flacko*

So is he Canadian or American? I don't get it. His dads Canadian.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Before Laughton was sent down: 4 GP, 2 assists, -3. After Laughton was sent down: 8 GP, 4 goals, 8 assists, +6.

Not saying he's a leech, but I wouldn't be fooled by the recent offensive explosion.

It could also just be him starting to pick up his game again after the slow start.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Cole is a very solid hockey player, and a great pickup by the Vancouver Canucks. In previous years he was stuck behind two very good centres in Oshawa (Jenner and Laughton) which even further developed his defensive game. He is a effortless skater and with the departure of Boone, we will get to see what kind of player he is; in a bigger role with the Generals.

I project him to be a 3rd line center with some upside, and wouldn't be surprised to see him bloom a bit later than others. Overall, with the path he is going on and if he fills out he could carve out a niche on the Canucks 3rd line and prove to be a stallwart on the penalty kill in the future.

PantherStriker

Jul 31, 2010
I saw him play in a good dozen games last season, and he was a solid player for the Gennies. Good pick for the Nucks and I wish him the best

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Tyson Giuriato ‏@TysonGiuriato 24m

#Canucks prospect Cole Cassels now has 23 points (8-15-23) and 35 penalty-minutes in 17 games. #CompletePlayer

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Great, hope Cassels can be a future solid third line centre.

Also happens to be one of the best defensive prospects in the draft. Doesn't look like a 3C to me based on watching him live, and the fact he ripped up the OHL playoffs last year with 16G in 21 games, is well over a PPG this year, and puts up those numbers despite also holding the responsibility of shutting down the other teams best players.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Cole Cassels is definitely a rising prospect. An all around great player. I would love to see him a pairing of Cassels and Vail for the US at the WJC. Both players can play defense and can contribute offensively as well.

Great start to the year for Cassels who should have gone a bit higher in the draft last year IMO.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Thanks for all the outside input on Cassels. Good to know it's not just us Canucks fans being homers.

If Generals fans and anyone else who regularly follows the Generals could keep us posted on Cassels' progress throughout the year that would be fantastic!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad