C Cole Cassels (2013, 85th, VAN)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Peca is a good comparison, but I still see a ton of Bolland in him.

Not the fastest skater, but has an overall complete game

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
thoughts on him from anyone who has seen him of late? I thought he would be a pro by now..

Obviously a massively disappointing transition from junior to pro. Looked like a slam dunk to be a two way middle six centre but just hasn't produced. His skating is not NHL level.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
thoughts on him from anyone who has seen him of late? I thought he would be a pro by now..
Playing better these days for our AHL team in Utica. He might be a sweetener in a deal to bring in a better pick/prospect when Vanek and Gud are traded

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Career was basically done until a couple dozen games ago. All his 16 points this year have been in the last 20 games or so. Not much hope but there's a little.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Obviously a massively disappointing transition from junior to pro. Looked like a slam dunk to be a two way middle six centre but just hasn't produced. His skating is not NHL level.

Really? While others where fawning over his memorial cup performances I saw nothing but a skilless grinder. He and MDC seemed to work hard but neither made plays that were NHL level. It’s easy to dominate juniors with grit and size and mediocre skating.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Really? While others where fawning over his memorial cup performances I saw nothing but a skilless grinder. He and MDC seemed to work hard but neither made plays that were NHL level. It’s easy to dominate juniors with grit and size and mediocre skating.

He got a lot of praise for being good on the boards and winning a lot of battles. That is absolutely something that would transfer to the NHL.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
He got a lot of praise for being good on the boards and winning a lot of battles. That is absolutely something that would transfer to the NHL.

He was also an elite playmaker in junior. He ran the best PP in the CHL that year the way Sedin or Backstrom does from the halfwall and was brilliant in that capacity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->