Confirmed with Link: BUF/WPG Myers+Stafford+Armia+Lemieux+Low 1st for Kane+Bogo+Kasdorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
He must have though. Who goes and asked all of these teams if they want Myers and what the Sabres asking price would be if he really didn't want to trade him. Makes no sense if they had any intention of keeping him.

Team calls Murray.

Murray says the price.

Team hangs up.

Sometimes, it's that easy.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
He must have though. Who goes and asked all of these teams if they want Myers and what the Sabres asking price would be if he really didn't want to trade him. Makes no sense if they had any intention of keeping him.

It doesnt say he asked teams if they want Myers, most likely they called him and he told them what had to be included.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Any word on which 1st rounder we gave up? Can I stop rooting against the Islanders or Blues?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Well he must have because he actually did. Not because teams were calling HIM and he was asking for pieces that hurt.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton

Sounds like they call Murray, he says what he wants, they hang up.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

OR when teams called Murray, he said he'll listen to offers and then counter offered. And what you are (allegedly) hearing about are the counter offers. :dunno:

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

Teams call, murray asks for 2 top assets. Most teams say no we aren't trading those guys....Peg says, well we're open to trading Kane and Bogo but we need some futures in return.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Cheveldayoff was just on at intermission. Said he'd look into adding another forward to the mix at the deadline, but, if not, that forward added to the mix may be Armia. I'd love watching a Winnipeg series with Myers, Staff, and Armia.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Cheveldayoff was just on at intermission. Said he'd look into adding another forward to the mix at the deadline, but, if not, that forward added to the mix may be Armia. I'd love watching a Winnipeg series with Myers, Staff, and Armia.

They're my second team going forward.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
After taking a day off to cool down I'm becoming more accepting to the trade IF Kane is going to put up 90-100 goals for us over the last time three years of the deal and then re-signs for 6-7 more years. I should be happy that Myers is gone, Bogo plays a different game though I wasn't too high on him. If I knew the details of Lemieux refusing to sign when the trade broke it would have been easier to stomach because I do like Lemieux as a prospect and the first is always useful. I'm indifferent on Armia too. Never was impressed and didn't ever think he would pan out as anything more then a 15-20 goal average second liner.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
After taking a day off to cool down I'm becoming more accepting to the trade IF Kane is going to put up 90-100 goals for us over the last time three years of the deal and then re-signs for 6-7 more years. I should be happy that Myers is gone, Bogo plays a different game though I wasn't too high on him. If I knew the details of Lemieux refusing to sign when the trade broke it would have been easier to stomach because I do like Lemieux as a prospect and the first is always useful. I'm indifferent on Armia too. Never was impressed and didn't ever think he would pan out as anything more then a 15-20 goal average second liner.

Wut, you so crazy layne. If you think Lemieux was a more valuable piece than Armia.... It's a strange world.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
What you guys will like about Kane:

Prototype PF mix of power and speed
Maximum effort
Plays with pain
Physicality
Nasty booming shot

What you guys might not like:

Keeps (and shoots) puck, quite a bit- does not utilize line mates
That nasty booming shot from all angles ...misses quite a lot
Not real effective on the PP
Can take some dumb penalties

What you guys will like about Bogo:

Real physical - tough in front of the net and down low
Can play heavy minutes
Will step in to protect teammates, when going gets tough
Max effort
Hard shot

What you guys may not like:

Some bad turnovers, (when over thinking it) and holds puck too long
Has trouble getting hard shot through traffic
Will take some dumb penalties

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
What you guys will like about Kane:

Prototype PF mix of power and speed
Maximum effort
Plays with pain
Physicality
Nasty booming shot

What you guys might not like:

Keeps (and shoots) puck, quite a bit- does not utilize line mates
That nasty booming shot from all angles ...misses quite a lot
Not real effective on the PP
Can take some dumb penalties

What you guys will like about Bogo:

Real physical - tough in front of the net and down low
Can play heavy minutes
Will step in to protect teammates, when going gets tough
Max effort
Hard shot

What you guys may not like:

Some bad turnovers, (when over thinking it) and holds puck too long
Has trouble getting hard shot through traffic
Will take some dumb penalties

Seems chill. Kind of feel like no one actually lost this trade.

Armia is somewhere in between the AHL and NHL at this point. He's only played one game in the NHL and looked pretty lost. He's probably going to need another year or two before his NHL game takes off like his AHL one has this year.

Lemieux is a total piece of ****. I mean that in the best way possible. Could be miserable to play against but it's anyone's guess what he brings at the NHL level.

Stafford disappears for stretches. Every time you really start to hate him, he'll do something you love him for. Pretty big community guy. And he was in a music video playing jenga. Good character guy. Serviceable pretty much in the top or bottom six.

Myers. Sigh. He brings a unique game to the blue line. He's really been turning into something special the last couple of seasons. Awesome to watch him muscle up on the rush from time to time. He's shown a little more defensive snarl in his own zone but that part of his game is still in development. Really flourishes under coaches that sort of just let him do his thing and take a few risks. A headcase when he can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad