Confirmed with Link: BUF/WPG Myers+Stafford+Armia+Lemieux+Low 1st for Kane+Bogo+Kasdorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bps21*

Some of the teams Hasek was on were awful. Hasek must have been meh.

Hasek was on one Sabres team that missed the playoffs his whole career here. They still finished 31 points ahead of the last place team in their division.

Bps21*

So why are you trying to use a comparison of a player who made his teams good when disputing Myers' worth since his teams were usually not.

For it to make ANY sense either Myers would have to be the reason his teams were good (which again...they almost never were) OR Hasek's teams would have had to have been all time bad even though Hasek was on them (which again...they weren't). I think you honestly thought Hasek played on some 50 point teams for some reason.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Super 16: Bet on Kane could pay off big for Sabres
Too often the focus on a young player in the NHL is about what he doesn't do well or facets of his game or personality that may be a product of being a young player.

When Alex Ovechkin entered the League, he reached levels of performance no hockey player has since before a combination of goaltending equipment and instruction and evolution of defensive systems and video technology made suppressing offense easier for even bad teams.

Yet there was always a but. Sure, he's the most gifted goal scorer of his generation, but questions about his defensive play and ultimately the failures of the Washington Capitals in the Stanley Cup Playoffs were pinned on him.

Patrick Kane, Carey Price, P.K. Subban; going back further it was players like Steve Yzerman and Mario Lemieux who had their overall game questioned before they matured into fully-formed superstar talents. And maturity for many of these players mentioned was a big part of the criticism.

This leads to a discussion about Evander Kane, who was the focus of one of the most fascinating trades in the NHL in years Wednesday. If the first-round pick is counted, six assets who have yet to turn 25 years old and a seventh who has been 25 for 12 days changed franchises. The team in "buying" mode added three of the four prospects (again, counting the pick as a prospect), and the team in "selling" mode may very well have added the two best players.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Some of the teams Hasek was on were awful. Hasek must have been meh.

The comparison is too far out there for me. I personally believe that the 2013-2015 Sabres are worse than anything that was ever put in front of Hasek. Hasek is a name that is included in discussions about the best players to ever play his position, and was capable of winning games by himself.

Myers may never be part of a conversation about the best defensement in the league in a current season, let alone all time, and he's certainly not capable of wining a game by himself. Mysers is more of a puck carrying offensive defensmen and his effectiveness has a lot to do with the people around him.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Jets fans are already wanting Armia on the first line now and talking he will be a 35 goal scorer in the NHL.

I was never that big on Armia. Didn't think he has the drive to be that successful.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Everyone should have expected the cards to come in at some point when Murray has said at some point I will make a deal with assets for young ready now talent. That he's quoted, I've tried to make six of these deals now. Yes the talent sent to Winnipeg wasn't for a down the middle player, but a winger, is a bit more dicey and risky. But, as a fan who has embraced "The Tank Stank", it is nice to have talent that can help now as well. Both Bogosian and Kane are young and will help this team push the puck. Meaner players with size.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
Jets fans are already wanting Armia on the first line now and talking he will be a 35 goal scorer in the NHL.

I was never that big on Armia. Didn't think he has the drive to be that successful.

I'm big on Armia, he seems to be a player that can become a big goalscorer, he just got that sense of doing the right things to make an opportunity and score on it himself. But first-liner already? Nah, that would like throwing him into the fire.

I'm exited about the trade, some changes and maybe it can payoff. Either way, as a Sabres-fan since childhood-age, i will support all the players that puts on the jersey.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

here's what I said 4 months before the 2011 draft:

Armia would be the worst possible pick

I don't think much of Armia. I didn't then, I don't today. The fact that he was the main piece in the acquisition of EKane is my favorite part of the trade.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
here's what I said 4 months before the 2011 draft:

I don't think much of Armia. I didn't then, I don't today. The fact that he was the main piece in the acquisition of EKane is my favorite part of the trade.

So how shocked were you that Coots went to 8?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Reading the Buffalo view on this trade and had to comment on this - I don't think anyone has suggested he should be a first line player. Many of us want to try him out on the 3rd line this season since Thorburn is currently there, and well, it's Thorburn.

I haven't seen anyone proclaim him a 1st liner this year and 35 goals, unless we were talking about where he fits in on the Ice Caps.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
He got hammered with the over-analysis from being the presumptive top pick from the year before. Didn't take a huge jump in points the next year and took a lot of heat for people not happy with him being an elite scorer. Just another reminder that scout's and GM's can be dumb.

czarin

Mar 30, 2004
I love this trade...

Kane is legit, just needs to stay healthy. The character stuff I'm not looking much into, he needs a fresh start .Let's give it to him. On the ice the kid goes hard and is tough. I see him going 30-40 with Mcdavid or Eichel.

Bogosian is much harder to play against then Myers. Myers forces being physical and get penalized a lot for it.

I wasn't sold on Armia, he has improved I just don't think he's gonna be a top line guy.Maybe a 3rd line winger imo

Lemieux is the only one that stings a little for me, I don't see him ever being 30+ goal guy like Kane can be..I say at best he's a Brendan Gallagher just a bit bigger.

I break it down like:

Myers,Stafford for Bogo
Lemieux, Armia and a 1st for Kane and Kasdorf

Kane is the best player in this deal.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
This trade motivated me to seek out this game too. Went to a local gamestop, saw the price tag, decided to rent it instead.

I'm astonished it's still selling at full price.

Yeah. A week ago they had a big sale through XBOX live but I bought Madden as a download for 23 bucks so I don't have the HD space for another game. I saw Walmart had it online for $47.XX IIRC and thought that would be the price in-store. It wasn't, but by that point I made my mind up to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad