Confirmed with Link: BUF/WPG Myers+Stafford+Armia+Lemieux+Low 1st for Kane+Bogo+Kasdorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

Exactly. Myers IS a #3-4 dman. Whenever you say that though the Myers homers come out and their only argument is "points blah blah points blah blah" which is laughable considering Myers leads the Sabres in PP time the last two seasons. So yeah , Myers should be more then a 15 point guy when he gets ****ing 3 minutes a game on the PP. It's also funny people blame the forwards on the team for the lack of offense. Because star players on garbage teams NEVER are able to produce :laugh::laugh:

(Says no one ever). Kovalchuk and Heatley spend years on a garbage franchise and still produced. A good player will score regardless if the team is good or bad. The fact Myers is dependent on his teammates for him to be able to produce offensively just PROVES he is a #3 at best and not elite . Myers is slightly above average nothing special. Love the random gifs showing "tough" Myers. Myers played like that probably one in every 10 games if that. Every fight Myers got in he got rocked by people half a foot smaller. Myers is 6'8 and plays like he is 5'8.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Exactly. Myers IS a #3-4 dman. Whenever you say that though the Myers homers come out and their only argument is "points blah blah points blah blah" which is laughable considering Myers leads the Sabres in PP time the last two seasons. So yeah , Myers should be more then a 15 point guy when he gets ****ing 3 minutes a game on the PP. It's also funny people blame the forwards on the team for the lack of offense. Because star players on garbage teams NEVER are able to produce :laugh::laugh:

(Says no one ever). Kovalchuk and Heatley spend years on a garbage franchise and still produced. A good player will score regardless if the team is good or bad. The fact Myers is dependent on his teammates for him to be able to produce offensively just PROVES he is a #3 at best and not elite . Myers is slightly above average nothing special. Love the random gifs showing "tough" Myers. Myers played like that probably one in every 10 games if that. Every fight Myers got in he got rocked by people half a foot smaller. Myers is 6'8 and plays like he is 5'8.

The fact you're using points and fights (rofl) as proof of a top pairing defenseman just shows you have zero idea of what you're talking about. As usual.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Who on the Sabres were as talented as Kovalchuk and Heatley in the forward corps?

The fact Myers is dependent on his teammates for him to be able to produce offensively just PROVES he is a #3 at best and not elite .

Wow, that's a huge jump...If a defenseman has to rely on his teammates(this is a team game right?) for producing, then that PROVES that not only is he not elite, but a #3 at best? There are many ways to make valid points with the side your on, yet you bring out statements like the one quoted and show how weak of an argument you have. It doesn't help that you criticize Tyler Myers homers with them only bringing up points which I don't see, yet you bring up production and lack of point totals to back up your stance much more consistently than anybody else.

You have a valid opinion, but I think you're bringing it up all wrong.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Jets fan on the main board is saying that Kane is a 2nd line player...

In wpg Kane was tried on various iterations on our top line but didn't do much. However, he seems to elevate a line where the other players aren't as talented as he is. That's likely why he was considered as a 2nd line player. Maybe it will be different on a line with a superstar like mcdavid. Either way he will vastly improve your team

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@StepnerWKBW

I spoke w/ #Sabres Evander Kane's agent today. Says EK is excited about the possibility to be judged fairly based on his contributions (1/3)

Agent for #Sabres Evander Kane cont’d: EK is excited to prove himself on the ice and the Sabres are going to provide that. (2/3)

Agent for Evander Kane cont’d: EK is extremely excited about the positive direction of #Sabres and his role with them. (3/3)

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Myers looks a little sad. :(

I think Myers really bought into being the leader of the Sabres and helping them get through the rebuild and become a winner. Among other things it bums me out that Myers won't be there when they get good because I think it would have meant a lot to him, and a lot of us who had watched him as a rookie all the way through his struggles.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Myers is on WPG top pairing so apparently other GMs and coaches believe he's a top pairing defenseman.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Freidman on Myers trade

"I definitely believe that Buffalo asked other teams for more than that, but I don’t think anybody was willing to do it.

“I was with Vancouver yesterday in Chicago. I got the sense that the Canucks – they were in it, but it was really half-hearted. They weren’t including Horvat. They weren’t including Virtanen. They weren’t including Jared McCann, who’s a young defenceman they’ve got. When they saw what Buffalo traded, their reaction was, ‘We weren’t even in the same ballpark.’

“The Kings were involved at some point with Myers. Buffalo asked I think for Toffoli, or to be included, and they’re like, ‘We’re not doing that.’

“Detroit, we know that they had asked for either Anthony Mantha and Dylan Larkin, and Detroit was, ‘We’re not doing that.’

“Now Calgary – from what I’ve heard, and I haven’t spoken to Brad Treliving, but from what I’ve heard – Calgary was in on both Myers and Kane. They’d let them know we would like to be involved. But I think the ask for both teams was very similar. It was one of Bennett and Monahan, plus. And I’m sure they probably asked for both because you can’t shoot a team for asking. But it was one of those two guys, plus more. And the Flames just aren’t going to do that. And you can’t blame them, because when you trade a centre, what’s the next thing you’re saying? ‘We need a centre.’ And I just don’t think Calgary was going to do it if it was going to cost them Sam Bennett or Sean Monahan.”

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
That doesn't say that at all.

He must have though. Who goes and asked all of these teams if they want Myers and what the Sabres asking price would be if he really didn't want to trade him. Makes no sense if they had any intention of keeping him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad