NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I think Levshunov is 100% off the board by the time we draft. Dickinson, Buium and Silayev are maybe 50% off the board with Perekh being around 25% likely gone by the 7th. We will likely have the chance of picking one of the four defencement with Yakemchuk or a forward being dark horse picks. Should be a fun draft and unless they pull a Boucher really anyone ranked in the top 15 has a fair argument for being a good pick at 7.

Edit: I actually think Silayev may be around so moved him into the second group.

He's hard to get a proper read on. Bob's list would suggest he's firmly in the top 5, but he's Russian, he can't come over for a few years, and he's the most theoretical of the prospects in this top range (despite, ironically, playing at the highest level). So you can see how a string of teams might pass on him because the next guy on their list is close enough in talent and just that much easier to be comfortable with.

Reactions: Sensators

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
He's hard to get a proper read on. Bob's list would suggest he's firmly in the top 5, but he's Russian, he can't come over for a few years, and he's the most theoretical of the prospects in this top range (despite, ironically, playing at the highest level). So you can see how a string of teams might pass on him because the next guy on their list is close enough in talent and just that much easier to be comfortable with.

Agreed! I also think other players being able to attend the combine might factor into things as well. If players have good showings at the combine and good interviews could push them of Silayev. If Buium or Senneke measure in taller then 6’0/6’2 and interview well it could push them up people’s boards. Also just look at the team board rankings going on right now on the prospect board.

They have it so far at
1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Levshunov
4. Lindstrom
5. Iginla
6. ???

Would leave us with a great crop of players.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I'm betting we end up with Dickinson, or Parekh if he's not available.

At the very least I'd be surprised if we don't take a D player just with the way things are turning out.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
just a rough stylistic comparison that i thought would be fun to do.

Celebrini - Toews
Demidov - Kane
Lindstrom- Nichuskin/ Goal Scoring Byfield
Levshunov- Shea Theodore
Silayev- 6 ft 7 Zuuuuuub
Parekh- Fox/Karlsson. Similarities of both but also missing important traits of both.
Dickinson- Weber?
Buium- Devon Toews
Yakemchuck- Burns

what are yours?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Trade 7 to Philly for 12 and 30
Trade 12 to Chicago for 20 and 34

Sens draft 20, 26, 30, 34 and 36.

Shotgun approach to fill in the roster around our core.

Last edited:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
We need to move up not move back if anything . This team needs high end skill we have more than enough depth .

Pass on both those offers
Just for context, here's how that 7 for 20 + 30 + 34 worked out historically

2019: Cozens for Heinola + Beecher + Brink 2018: q. Hughes for kupari + Veleno + Noel
2017: lias andersson for Thomas + Tolvanen + Hague
2016: Keller for Cholowski + Steel + Peeke
2015: provorov for eriksson-ek + merkley + dermott

I think it would be the right move in 2015 and 2017, but theres more busts and coffee sippers in there than i had expected.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Just for context, here's how that 7 for 20 + 30 + 34 worked out historically

2019: Cozens for Heinola + Beecher + Brink 2018: q. Hughes for kupari + Veleno + Noel
2017: lias andersson for Thomas + Tolvanen + Hague
2016: Keller for Cholowski + Steel + Peeke
2015: provorov for eriksson-ek + merkley + dermott

I think it would be the right move in 2015 and 2017, but theres more busts and coffee sippers in there than i had expected.
I'd want Cozens, Keller and Provorov ... 2017 Lias Anderson never lived up to his billing

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This is another option late 1st early 2nd. Doesn't have the profile that Emery or Elick have but he's definitely an option imo.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I think Levshunov is 100% off the board by the time we draft. Dickinson, Buium and Silayev are maybe 50% off the board with Perekh being around 25% likely gone by the 7th. We will likely have the chance of picking one of the four defencement with Yakemchuk or a forward being dark horse picks. Should be a fun draft and unless they pull a Boucher really anyone ranked in the top 15 has a fair argument for being a good pick at 7.

Edit: I actually think Silayev may be around so moved him into the second group.
I was just pulling info from posts in here and draft web sites, so no real big focus on draft order other than what a draft web site might provide.

I agree that Levshunov will likely be gone. It seems like we should get a pretty good prospect (sure hope so). I’ll just let events unfold and watch what happens.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
rough sylistic comparisons ; reminiscent traits
Celebrini - Sebastian Aho
Demidov - Nikita Kucherov
Lindstrom - Chris Kreider
Levshunov - Sergei Gonchar
Silayev - Zdeno Chara
Parekh - Erik Karlsson
Dickinson - Miro Heiskanen
Buium - Quinn Hughes
Yakemchuk - Evan Bouchard
When talking about Silayev, I also thought of Zeno Chara. Both giants amongst men.

I will be happy if we get one of the following D, which we should be able to do at pick #7:
Levshunov
Silayev
Dickinson
Parehk
Buium
Yakemchuk

I hope we get another D with Boston's pick.

I wouldn't I want the high pick.
I don't want another trading down to get guys like Bernard-Docker and Tychonic when there is a giant D available sooner.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The annual mock draft thread is coming our way tomorrow..
In with UTAH right now.. Buium (1) and Silayev (2) leading the way early. If you want to go check it out .. you can see the results without voting in that poll.
I don't vote in other fan base polls.

Buium now running away with it and imo he will be a really good fit in UTAH

Last edited:
Reactions: Icelevel

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yorkie & Wally have an interesting discussion regarding what Ottawa needs from this draft, it starts at about 9:30.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The annual mock draft thread is coming our way tomorrow..
In with UTAH right now.. Buium (1) and Silayev (2) leading the way early. If you want to go check it out .. you can see the results without voting in that poll.
I don't vote in other fan base polls.

Buium now running away with it and imo he will be a really good fit in UTAH
I'll be happy to take either guy, though I wish either of them was a righty...

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad