Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Werenski had a shoulder issue and still scored 16 goals. They have their Offensive LHD.

Werenski had a shoulder issue and still scored 16 goals. They have their Offensive LHD.

Their top 3 LHD combined for 48 assist last year. Krug had 45, they most definitely could use Krug as a puck moving defensemen for when Seth Jones is not on the ice.

Murrays name has been involved in a lot of trade talk as well. I wouldn’t not be surprised to see him moved in a situation where they brought in another LHD.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Their top 3 LHD combined for 48 assist last year. Krug had 45, they most definitely could use Krug as a puck moving defensemen for when Seth Jones is not on the ice.

Murrays name has been involved in a lot of trade talk as well. I wouldn’t not be surprised to see him moved in a situation where they brought in another LHD.

Completely different style of team. Columbus doesn’t have the forward ability Boston does up front

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Completely different style of team. Columbus doesn’t have the forward ability Boston does up front

Bruins were 6th in the entire nhl in goals last year and 7 goals away from 2nd place. Very few teams in the nhl have the forward ability that the bruins do up front. Having a puck moving defensemen like Krug who racks up assists can certainly help with that.

All indications are that panarin won’t stay in Columbus, so they can either trade him or let him walk in the off season.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Still stands. He's years removed from playing center. Whether or not he doesn't want to play center OR the coaches don't believe he's a center it stands either way. He isn't gonna play center again in his career but: That is just my opinion, you could be right I just feel like it isn't gonna happen for the reasons I gave.

We totally agree here. Even though as stated in my posts I believe there are several reasons the Bruins get more value out of Backes as a center, I don't see him playing that position again. That ship has sailed IMO. I just think it has a lot more to do with his coaches desires than it does his.

Reactions: Strafer

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Plenty of stories out there that NJ needs a veteran, stable, D depth add.

At 2 million, it’s hardly breaking the bank stuff, as you mention. NJ has loads of room anyways.

All reasons I took a stab at NJ. They’re a good fit for Boston’s need to trim McQuaid.

I added a 6th to get back some quality in NJ’s 12th or so ranked prospect in Bastian.

Honestly, I’d love DS to just tell Adam “yeah, you’re starting the season upstairs...but it’s inevitable you’ll be playing an important 4-5 D roll within a month.”

I mean, it’s 2 million. Seems like a great depth investment to me. Who better than McQuaid with his team familiarity, physical presence, and quality (for a #7).

The thing is, I don’t trust DS to plan on McQuaid being a #7.

It’s not something I’d want to have to be the one to tell Adam. Haha

Two million is the wrong number being thrown around here a few times. That is what he is getting paid which means nothing to the cap hit. The Cap hit is what matters and its 2.75, not a big difference alone but add that to another salary move and maybe they have something adding up. Every penny helps when are possibly trying to bring in someone like a Panarin, which would be fantastic and put us back on the map. Depth deemen in position 6 - 8 should not cost them nearly 3 million in real world dollars = cap hit.

Last edited:

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Any word on any PTO's being offered to some veterans or are we icing what we currently got?
Also, if Nash does decide to play, any word on when he'd be making that decision? I would hope if he is that he plans on attending camp and playing a full 82. Coming back after xmas does not excite me, I feel a full camp and exhibition games are needed.........unless you're Lemieux or Crosby or Gretzky of course

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Any word on any PTO's being offered to some veterans or are we icing what we currently got?
Also, if Nash does decide to play, any word on when he'd be making that decision? I would hope if he is that he plans on attending camp and playing a full 82. Coming back after xmas does not excite me, I feel a full camp and exhibition games are needed.........unless you're Lemieux or Crosby or Gretzky of course

The Bruins front office is like the Kremlin. NO LEAKS! Word of "moves" never ever gets out until intended. That's a good thing for the overall structure of the team management but it's a bad thing for those of us who like to have something to mull over in the dog days of summer.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Predicting PTOs: 70 Potential Tryouts

No rumors on any PTO's for the Bruins here, but they do list 70+ NHL players who could be PTO level. Their selections for the Bruins are kind of underwhelming; Vermette (C), Matthias (W/C), Svedberg (LD), and Corrado (RD).
Vermette is a guy I could see them offering a PTO to. Him and Bergeron are tight and with a third line center spot up for grabs he could be a worthwhile guy to look at on a PTO. I’d still rather have one of our internal options win the spot.

Reactions: TCB and Chief Nine

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Predicting PTOs: 70 Potential Tryouts

No rumors on any PTO's for the Bruins here, but they do list 70+ NHL players who could be PTO level. Their selections for the Bruins are kind of underwhelming; Vermette (C), Matthias (W/C), Svedberg (LD), and Corrado (RD).

I don't normally click on links like this, but I did this time. And then I am reminded why I don't....

Jokinen had his best days with the Stars, prior to being traded to Boston as part of the package for Tyler Seguin

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I feel like every trade deadline the last 5 years we were supposedly in on Vermette, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him get a shot. We could really use a 3rd line C if he's still got it.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I feel like every trade deadline the last 5 years we were supposedly in on Vermette, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him get a shot. We could really use a 3rd line C if he's still got it.
Hard pass on that washed-up "player". We might as well give Chris Kelly a shot.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Vermette is crap. I'd bring in Chris Stewart and Troy Brouwer in a heartbeat, however.

Depends on where the openings are. If they intend to continue to use Backes as a full-time winger, there seems to be more opportunity at center than there does on RW where Stewart and Brouwer play.

Kinda pointless to bring guys in on PTOs if there aren't really spots available to try and earn.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Depends on where the openings are. If they intend to continue to use Backes as a full-time winger, there seems to be more opportunity at center than there does on RW where Stewart and Brouwer play.

Kinda pointless to bring guys in on PTOs if there aren't really spots available to try and earn.

What if someone goes down on camp like a Wagner or Nordstrom? A bottom 6 type player that is here because if their defense style or physical style. Doesn't hurt to bring them in and see if they can help the team. If they don't then you cut the loose.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
We were punished physically by Tampa and that glaring weakness has not even come close to being addressed. Bring in Chris Stewart!

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What if someone goes down on camp like a Wagner or Nordstrom? A bottom 6 type player that is here because if their defense style or physical style. Doesn't hurt to bring them in and see if they can help the team. If they don't then you cut the loose.

I'm not against either player on a PTO, I actually like both Stewart and Brouwer more than Noel Acciari.

I also don't think it's wise to bring in 2-3 guys on PTOs either. Fact is training camp and pre-season has a finite amount of ice-time to see what guys can do, and it's even more critical this year with the China trip in the mix. So to me I'd limit the number of PTO forwards to one, and if so I'm bringing in a guy who can play a position with more opportunity (C).

If they lose a 4th line winger in camp like Nordstrom or Wagner, cross that bridge then.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I'm not against either player on a PTO, I actually like both Stewart and Brouwer more than Noel Acciari.

I also don't think it's wise to bring in 2-3 guys on PTOs either. Fact is training camp and pre-season has a finite amount of ice-time to see what guys can do, and it's even more critical this year with the China trip in the mix. So to me I'd limit the number of PTO forwards to one, and if so I'm bringing in a guy who can play a position with more opportunity (C).

If they lose a 4th line winger in camp like Nordstrom or Wagner, cross that bridge then.

i'm actually wondering if they'll consider bringing a couple of guys in on PTOs this fall.
reason being that while the majority of the varsity will be in china, the bruins still have
preseason games going on over here. so there's room for extra bodies, especially veteran
guys who help you cover the minimum games played requirements.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
i'm actually wondering if they'll consider bringing a couple of guys in on PTOs this fall.
reason being that while the majority of the varsity will be in china, the bruins still have
preseason games going on over here. so there's room for extra bodies, especially veteran
guys who help you cover the minimum games played requirements.

I didn't realize they'll still be playing pre-season games while the crew is simultaneously in China. So in that case it probably makes it more likely with the preseason vet requirement.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
No interest in Vermette and, if I recall correctly, Stewart was slow like five years ago so he’s probably like molasses now. He wouldn’t have done anything against Tampa Bay except get passed by everyone on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad