Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Last edited:
Reactions: DKH and Pia8988

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
If he's come this far in the offseason without making a trade, I can't see Sweeney making any moves before the start of the season. Not that he excels in this area. ;)

He most likely looks at goaltending and defense as a solid product and is looking for some of the rookies and second year forward prospects to take the next step. I, for one, am alright with that thinking as I feel Donato, Bjork, Cehlarik and Heinen can emerge and fill the third line center and a couple of top 9 wing slots as they mature. Bakos could be a surprise, too.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Love a trade proposal tread... thank you wally. But its so hard to come up with realistic ideas given the cap situation

Ill do a 2 parter. Jersey wants immediate improvement following their surprise season

To jersey
Torey krug
Ryan donato

To boston
Will butcher
Miles wood

This deal offloads alot of cap this year although wood is an unsign rfa. I suggest even next year would be a huge saving too even with butcher being rfa. Butcher is not as good as krug but he is good enough to qb a pp. Miles wood is a fast hitting machine with 20 goal hands

My second part of this trade would then use the freed up cap room to solidify our second line

Jordan eberle 1/2 retained
For
Danton heinen

Eberle gets a tryout with krejci/debrusk... if it works we can resign him as an ufa. I hate how soft he is but he plays a smart game. I think he would fit

I like heinen and donato but i also like debrusk and bjork. There isnt room for all.

I like miles wood better for 3rd line. I like him and senshyn as 2 speedy big body bookends.

Trade off backes when his ntc expires to resign eberle

I like the makeup of the top 3 lines with eberle and wood here better.

And i will roll the dice on butcher as my cheaper 3rd pair pp qb

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
brandon saad would be an interesting guy to look at and i believe was a guy the bruins sent people to see last season multiple times (there was some talk about bruins people going to watch seabrook, don't think that's who it was). blackhawks need to begin investing in potentially high-return futures with their current window closing. toews and kane obviously would spell revenue loss if moved for futures. bruins in a deal for saad, of course, would have to shed salary in some way; saad's hit is 6, so you're looking at giving up even more either to the blackhawks or to someone else to unload, hypothetically, david backes.

Reactions: Strafer

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
brandon saad would be an interesting guy to look at and i believe was a guy the bruins sent people to see last season multiple times (there was some talk about bruins people going to watch seabrook, don't think that's who it was). blackhawks need to begin investing in potentially high-return futures with their current window closing. toews and kane obviously would spell revenue loss if moved for futures. bruins in a deal for saad, of course, would have to shed salary in some way; saad's hit is 6, so you're looking at giving up even more either to the blackhawks or to someone else to unload, hypothetically, david backes.
Chicago seems to be a good trading partner with most teams, and they have a good mix of players. I prefer Backes over Saad though.

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

they are trying to bring together the band. once they go into rebuild mold im with you. but they aren't headed in that direction now

my prediction... look for panarin to end up back in chicago

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
He's not done. Rick Nash is done.

Backes could be as good as Simmonds next year. At this point Backes is my 3c with Heinen and Donato. Well insulated line!
No idea what Rich Nash has to do with Saad OR with Backes. Backes doesn't want to play center, so how do you, why do you, what do you think is going to change his mindset? He had a rough injury/bad luck health year last year. This year he'll be a year older and further away from playing center (in St. Louis) so IMO you're imagining that he'll be a 3c. I keep Backes on RW. Even though I like Saad though, I don't see the need for him here either.

Last edited:
Reactions: FanSince72

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

Backes could be as good as Simmonds next year. At this point Backes is my 3c with Heinen and Donato. Well insulated line!

You said you prefer Backes over Saad. Then when somebody questions you, you bring up Rich Nash for some reason. Then you say Backes could be equal to Simmonds. THEN you ask if somebody watches the games because they question your logic. You're all over the place. Other than injuries, I can promise you that Backes will not be as good as Simmonds.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I have Saad on my SIM team for last 3 years so I watch him like a hawk

His stats don’t bely the metrics. He should have rated out his usual 25/55

He also is saying and doing all the right things this offseason- I follow him I’m sure more than 99.% here because of the SIM

In my world Saad’s a good player who can be very good

Is he Paneren level - no and few are

That was a cap and familiarity deal

I proceed this year with Saad as a 25/60 player who is young and has scored over 30 already

I also wouldn’t waste my time if Sweeney and I’m just explaining this player as someone that follows him close

There is 0 chance this happens

Take care and focus on your own young players

If all goes well the Bruins will be paying $30 M +/- $5 M on
McAvoy
Carlo
Heinen
DeBrusk
Bjork
Donato

This is where a smart GM with a high school diploma is focused

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

good lord, not a chance is or will Backes be as good as Simmonds

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
good lord, not a chance is or will Backes be as good as Simmonds
Sinmonds is so overrated by Bruins fans it’s hilarious

My cousin is a 25+ year Flyers season ticket holder and says he’s a good player but is not always on like he used to - slowing a bit (sounds like Backes to me) and wouldn’t break bank for him with Couturier and Konecny and Patrick and those D coming up for big deals

He says unless takes home town discount let him walk

I got news for Bruins fans Backes has had a better career then Simmonds and was a better player and the current gap is not big at least in the real world

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

My cousin is a 25+ year Flyers season ticket holder and says he’s a good player but is not always on like he used to - slowing a bit (sounds like Backes to me) and wouldn’t break bank for him with Couturier and Konecny and Patrick and those D coming up for big deals

I got news for Bruins fans Backes has had a better career then Simmonds and was a better player and the current gap is not big at least in the real world

Couturier is the player, I would love to see in a Bruin uniform not sure what it would take to get him but it would not be cheap

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Couturier is the player, I would love to see in a Bruin uniform not sure what it would take to get him but it would not be cheap
It would take a hostage situation

An arbitrator awarding fair value would hand over David Pastrnak

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I like Simmonds and I agree with you, that said, I`ll justify my response to the poster who said Backes is better right now, just can`t be convinced of that as much as I appreciate Backes

But again, I`m with you, I wouldn`t break any bank to acquire Simmonds if he was on the block

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
No idea what Rich Nash has to do with Saad OR with Backes. Backes doesn't want to play center, so how do you, why do you, what do you think is going to change his mindset? He had a rough injury/bad luck health year last year. This year he'll be a year older and further away from playing center (in St. Louis) so IMO you're imagining that he'll be a 3c. I keep Backes on RW. Even though I like Saad though, I don't see the need for him here either.

Or is it his coaches haven't wanted to use him there.

Really do anyone see a guy like Backes, who will go through a wall for his team, saying to his coaches and teammates "I know you want me in the middle but I don't want to play there"?

Personally I see the Bruins getting a lot more value out of him as a Center. He'll be more involved in defending down low, behind and in front of the net, where he can use his strengths more often. Also forces him to keep his feet moving more, as a winger especially in the defensive zone you tend to be more stationary as your mostly responsible for the point-men from the high slot and out. Backes first-step now from a stationary position is brutal, if I had a nickel for how many times in the playoffs he broke the puck out along the right-side wall, only to be caught at mid-ice by faster backcheckers and forced to dump the puck in, I could retire.

Reactions: wintersej

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
It would take a hostage situation

An arbitrator awarding fair value would hand over David Pastrnak

I agree the ship has sailed forever making Couturier a Bruin . He is a player I always thought would make a great Bruin as far back as his junior days

Reactions: Grimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad