Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Both Hoffman and Karlsson were traded to the West with Karlsson have a clause explicitly keeping him out of the East. Neither Stone or Duchene will be playing for Boston this season.
The ineptness of Ottawa makes almost every other management team look great (save for some of those historical blunders)

Chris Garner

Sep 19, 2018
I haven't read the 42 pages here to see if any of these players have been discussed, but here are my thoughts on players on our roster that need to be traded and what we need to really contend for a cup.

First big one, I think Rask needs to go. He allows 1-2 soft goals per game, shut outs are few and far between. We need someone more reliable long term as he ages. I believe Halak is capable of carrying the load for 2 seasons while we groom Vladar at the NHL level, then resign Halak or another Backup behind Vladar. What we can get for him? Depends when - trade deadline we should go after a top 6 winger and picks, ideally Ottawa, Duchene plus next years 2nd rounder or 2020 1rst rounder.

Krejci - He has magic hands, but his speed is not where it needs to be. If he goes, we would need to pair him with a prospect and upgrade to make it worth while. No ideas off the top of my head.

Krug - He is an offensive amazing player, but we have a few of those, younger and with more upside, and less defensive liability. Cue McAvoy, Vaakanainen, and Anderson.

I dont like Carlo. I know this is debatable, but I think that he could net a huge return as he has tremendous upside, but I just dont think he fits the long term plan. Aside from the others I mentioned, Zboril and Lauzon are looking like they can make the step up. Very young but highly skilled D can be ours in the very near future!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I haven't read the 42 pages here to see if any of these players have been discussed, but here are my thoughts on players on our roster that need to be traded and what we need to really contend for a cup.

The players you traded make us go from an contender to a team fighting just to make the playoffs. You may as well sell off Bergeron, Chara, and possibly Marchand at this point.

First big one, I think Rask needs to go. He allows 1-2 soft goals per game, shut outs are few and far between. We need someone more reliable long term as he ages. I believe Halak is capable of carrying the load for 2 seasons while we groom Vladar at the NHL level, then resign Halak or another Backup behind Vladar. What we can get for him? Depends
when - trade deadline we should go after a top 6 winger and picks, ideally Ottawa, Duchene plus next years 2nd rounder or 2020 1rst rounder.

So you want to trade a legit #1 starter in the league because he'll let up the odd soft goal. You will not get anywhere close to fair value for Rask. Goalies never land big time returns so no to getting a Top 6 winger and picks or Duchene + Picks (especially not a 1st rounder...Have you followed OTT at all??????) Also, are you aware Rask has a NMC. He needs to waive and what teams that he'd potentially waive to go to need a goalie and could afford him? Trading Rask is a pipe dream for fans.

Krejci - He has magic hands, but his speed is not where it needs to be. If he goes, we would need to pair him with a prospect and upgrade to make it worth while. No ideas off the top of my head.

Krejci has a NMC until next season and can dictate wherever he goes. Like Rask, good luck finding a team he'd consider going to that could afford him. Also, you want to package him WITH a prospect to get an upgrade. What team, contending (which is what would want Krejci, and what he'd waive to go to) is going to trade a better center for Krejci just to get a prospect out of it?

Krug - He is an offensive amazing player, but we have a few of those, younger and with more upside, and less defensive liability. Cue McAvoy, Vaakanainen, and Anderson.

Besides McAvoy and Andersson, who are RHD's, we don't have any defenseman like Krug; offensively skilled.

I dont like Carlo. I know this is debatable, but I think that he could net a huge return as he has tremendous upside, but I just dont think he fits the long term plan. Aside from the others I mentioned, Zboril and Lauzon are looking like they can make the step up. Very young but highly skilled D can be ours in the very near future!

Tremendous upside, but want to trade him? After Carlo, we have zero in terms of right handed NHL ready prospects. I don't understand how he doesn't fit into the long term plan. He's 21 years old, and hasn't even hit the 200+ NHL game mark. While he's been inconsistent, he's shown the ability to be a 2nd pairing defenseman. Why are we moving that?

Reactions: PeanutButter37

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Gonna throw a name out there, but probably get lambasted for it....

What are folks thoughts on Spezza as a #3C? He's a good face-off man and could help bring some offense/playmaking to the 3rd line. He's in the final year of his deal so he wont block any of the kids for next season.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008

What are folks thoughts on Spezza as a #3C? He's a good face-off man and could help bring some offense/playmaking to the 3rd line. He's in the final year of his deal so he wont block any of the kids for next season.
Hardpass on Spezza...

Reactions: YouTakeTheVan

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Not a fan at this stage of his game, and already goes against what Sweeney is trying to build with the youth movement.

We already have Backes as the vet on that line. Rather have a kid play through some growing pains than try to squeeze the last bit of life out of Spezza.

Also done with rentals anyways, if we are gonna go for someone, go for someone younger, and that will be here beyond. Maybe trade one of those kids that would be being blocked if we get a better long term solution.

Reactions: Dr Hook

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

The only way I would take on Spezza at this point is if they would take Backes for him straight up no salary retained, doubt they do that as even though Spezza makes more , Backes has 2 more years left after this one and would have to waive his NMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad