Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Sinmonds is so overrated by Bruins fans it’s hilarious

My cousin is a 25+ year Flyers season ticket holder and says he’s a good player but is not always on like he used to - slowing a bit (sounds like Backes to me) and wouldn’t break bank for him with Couturier and Konecny and Patrick and those D coming up for big deals

He says unless takes home town discount let him walk

I got news for Bruins fans Backes has had a better career then Simmonds and was a better player and the current gap is not big at least in the real world

Backes is 34 and on the last legs of his career. Simmonds is 29 with many years left. I’ll take Simmonds over the next three years.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Backes is 34 and on the last legs of his career. Simmonds is 29 with many years left. I’ll take Simmonds over the next three years.

I'm not sure I'm willing to bet on how many more years Simmonds has in his legs. I do absolutely agree that Simmonds is a better player than Backs today. To me if you get him he is a rental, the is no way I would give him a 5-7 year contract extension, or you will be looking at a similar situation in a couple years where you are paying for what a guy was in his mid 20s, when his body is in his 30s

Reactions: chizzler and Rumpy

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Doesn’t Simmonds have a lingering hip problem? If so I’m not going long term on a guy like that. I’d take Mark Stone over Simmonds any day.

Reactions: Strafer

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I'm not sure I'm willing to bet on how many more years Simmonds has in his legs. I do absolutely agree that Simmonds is a better player than Backs today. To me if you get him he is a rental, the is no way I would give him a 5-7 year contract extension, or you will be looking at a similar situation in a couple years where you are paying for what a guy was in his mid 20s, when his body is in his 30s

Bruins paid backes based off what he did in his mid 30s. I’ll take the next 3 years of Simmonds over the next 3 years of backes all day.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was comparing careers

Brock Holt is better then Joe Morgan now

Clearly next 3 years Simmonds better bet at 5 years younger

I would not pay him $6+ M

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bruins paid backes based off what he did in his mid 30s. I’ll take the next 3 years of Simmonds over the next 3 years of backes all day.

I agree

But if you want Simmonds, you have to pay a heavy price to get him, and you get him for ONE year. If you want to get him for 3 years, you are almost certainly going to have to pay him for 7 years (ie 6 year extension)

And those final 3-4 are likely going to start to get very ugly

Reactions: wintersej and DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I know it's ecklund but he is saying Nylander is about to go to jets for trouba. Let's jump in and give leafs Carlo and senyshyn. What do you guys say? Nylander is a beast.
Post that on Leafs board and link results so we can see how you are doing as a GM

Be creative

Remember : imagination is greater then knowledge but having both helps

I believe in you don Godfather

Do it

Create !!!!!!

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Post that on Leafs board and link results so we can see how you are doing as a GM

Be creative

Remember : imagination is greater then knowledge but having both helps

I believe in you don Godfather

Do it

Create !!!!!!
Carlo and senyshyn aren't couch potatoes here that's an excellent package for Nylander. if leafs don't want it take a hike.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Carlo and senyshyn aren't couch potatoes here that's an excellent package for Nylander. if leafs don't want it take a hike.
I think you are on to something here

Kyle Dubas was Senyshyn GM in OHL and was one of two teams reps that met him individually for lunch draft week

Make it happen

We got oodles of Cap space

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Carlo and Heinen for Horvat. We probably still need to add but that's still our teams biggest need.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Not a trade proposal, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Letestu here on a PTO. Could be a 3rd/4th line center if none of JFK/studnicka/ frederic are ready to go.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Carlo and Heinen for Horvat. We probably still need to add but that's still our teams biggest need.

That’s crazy. Same Heinen who put up 47 points as a rookie? And a top 4 d? AND we would have to add?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Am I the only one that feels like Heinen gets added to deals because he doesn't have that high end talent label? I really don't get it lol. He's a low maintenance 3-zone player that put up nearly 50 points his rookie year in a 3rd line role. He's a guy that as he gets older will help stabilize any line because his style fits with some many other players. Reminds me a lot of a Loui Eriksson.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Am I the only one that feels like Heinen gets added to deals because he doesn't have that high end talent label? I really don't get it lol. He's a low maintenance 3-zone player that put up nearly 50 points his rookie year in a 3rd line role. He's a guy that as he gets older will help stabilize any line because his style fits with some many other players. Reminds me a lot of a Loui Eriksson.

I feel like he’s a smart player with skills. His IQ is his selling point imo.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

im going to guess most people that add him to trade proposals are just good at math

future cap hit PLUS potential return value in a trade MINUS competition for available roster spots divisible by how to manage a winning roster = his name sometimes popping up in trade discussion

im not saying that its a guarantee he needs to be dealt... but for a couple years now ive been pointing out we got too many good left hand shot smallish wingers and there wont end up being long term jobs for all of them when the dust settles.

Heinen will need to either have a higher end ceiling or a lower cap contract cost if he wants to improve his chances of staying here. I think his main competition is donato and to a lesser extent Bjork. I think marchand and debrusk are established... pastranak is established. backes is a different case.

4 spots seem spoken for and then Heinen/donato are competing. Bjork/senshyn are waiting in the wings. federic/jfk might end up factoring in. only 2 jobs and a lot of competition. being cheaper cap hit will be an advantage but don't think Heinen will end up being cheap

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I believe that he gets added to trade proposals because of the qualities in his play that you describe.

He certainly has more trade value than some of the promising, yet less experienced, forwards on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad