Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XV- Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If it's Kreider I can see why.

Kreider's a nice 2nd line player, but he is a guy who is a UFA in 16 months. Asking for a 21 year old #1 defenseman for a strong playoff team in return for him seems absurd.

If Sweeney even thought about it for a second he should be fired.

There are no doubt 15-20 players in the league I'd trade Charlie for, but honestly this team is going nowhere in postseason play without McAvoy

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
From what I'm hearing from two mods now that I respect is that if you want a big name signed past this year the only name that holds value for other teams is McAvoy.

We overvalue our prospects here a lot and this trade deadline will be the gauge for everyone here whether they like it or not. If some get moved for a big name then they really did hold value. If the only way to improve the top six with a legitimate top six winger than it's pretty clear that the prospects in Boston don't hold as much value as people would have you believe. And certainly not as much value as the two moved for Duchene.

This is a huge trade deadline for the management team for the Boston Bruins.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
If you're mentioning Kreider in any trade proposal better have McAvoy on the other end.

What the hell has Kreider done that it would have to include one of the youngest stud defenceman to come into the league in years.

There are plenty of Kreider types in the NHL. Take age skill and the upside Charlie offers ? No thanks big time

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I think we need to differentiate what is an “ask” and what is “fair value” here.

Charlie isn’t going anywhere unless it’s a ridiculous blockbuster which doesn’t make a lot of sense given where the Bruins are right now

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
From what I'm hearing from two mods now that I respect is that if you want a big name signed past this year the only name that holds value for other teams is McAvoy.

We overvalue our prospects here a lot and this trade deadline will be the gauge for everyone here whether they like it or not. If some get moved for a big name then they really did hold value. If the only way to improve the top six with a legitimate top six winger than it's pretty clear that the prospects in Boston don't hold as much value as people would have you believe. And certainly not as much value as the two moved for Duchene.

Well Boston doesn't need Big Name signed past this year player right now. In fact big name signed past this year player is actually problematic for the next couple of years.

There is a ton of rental market players available who can fit the Bruins needs

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Eh Kreider like Coyle leaves a lot to be desired and just isn’t in the same ballpark in value compared to McAvoy.

While I do agree that value wise, he's not worth a McAvoy, I don't agree that Kreider leaves "a lot to be desired". He's a 6'3'' 225 lbs. bull out there. He's got a ridiculous speed + size combination and isn't afraid to throw the body around. He's chippy as well. On top of that, he's good for 20+ goals + 45 points a year. He's entering his prime and on pace for 33G/60P this season.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Well Boston doesn't need Big Name signed past this year player right now. In fact big name signed past this year player is actually problematic for the next couple of years.

There is a ton of rental market players available who can fit the Bruins needs

Agreed. Like everyone is posting, if McAvoy is in trade talks from the Boston end it needs to be for another ELITE player in the NHL on his ending ELC.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
It was mentioned by one of the big news guys that NYR does not want to move Kreider unless something earth shattering was offered.
If Donny pushed and asked what the price was, of course Gordon is going to say McAvoy. That falls right in line with "don't want to trade unless its a cannot turn down deal"

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
While I do agree that value wise, he's not worth a McAvoy, I don't agree that Kreider leaves "a lot to be desired". He's a 6'3'' 225 lbs. bull out there. He's got a ridiculous speed + size combination and isn't afraid to throw the body around. He's chippy as well. On top of that, he's good for 20+ goals + 45 points a year. He's entering his prime and on pace for 33G/60P this season.

I like him I just don't like him that much more than DeBrusk.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

When your a team trying to win a Cup you do not trade your key roster guys to do it.That is robbing Peter to pay Paul.Move to Dzingel if no Stone and say see ya Rangers .Rangers GM is a crook.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

I think many fans tend to overvalue their prospects but few do like Bruins fans. I dont know if it because of the years Sinden sold fake hope with the likes of Dave Pasin, Rob Cimetta, et al or the new batch of Spooner, Hamill and Knight that failed, it's like every "skilled" prospect is gold and overvalued.

Sadly I think Sweeney overvalues them as well.

This doesnt mean I dont believe in draft and develop I just dont like unproven, overrated prospects taking precedence over legitimate NHL players

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think many fans tend to overvalue their prospects but few do like Bruins fans. I dont know if it because of the years Sinden sold fake hope with the likes of Dave Pasin, Rob Cimetta, et al or the new batch of Spooner, Hamill and Knight that failed, it's like every "skilled" prospect is gold and overvalued.

This doesnt mean I dont believe in draft and develop I just dont like unproven, overrated prospects taking precedence over legitimate NHL players

Well, Beleskey, Hayes, Rinaldo, Backes- these guys were proven players that we would have been better off running a prospect in place of as it turned out- some faster than others. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't at some level.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Well I think this Monday sets the record straight. Either:

1. Sweeney's prospects hold value enough to bring in a top six RW.

0r

2. No one wants the Bruins prospects for their top six RW rentals.

or

3. Sweeney holds these prospects at such a high value that he won't part with them for a top six RW.

If 'prices were too high' and the narrative is that when people say 'well what's too high?' and the usuals leak 'McAvoy was too high' that means that the rest aren't valued enough to be worth even a RW rental.

If he makes a move for a top 6 RW and it costs a prospect then they indeed have value and Sweeney isn't afraid to make moves. Win-win.

Reactions: Fenian24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad