Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XV- Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
The rumor is that his agent is using the Ekblad contract as an example:

"Aaron Ekblad signed a 8 year / $60,000,000 contract with the Florida Panthers, including $60,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $7,500,000. In 2018-19, Ekblad will earn a base salary of $4,000,000 and a signing bonus of $3,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $7,500,000."

That is higher than Boston would like for Charlie, but its not unreasonable. I think both sides can work in toward a good deal from there.
Who cares what his agent wants? McAvoy has no leverage and is completely at the mercy of Sweeney’s goodwill. No arbitration = no options. I’m sure Sweeney will offer a fair contract, McAvoy can sit out and lose millions if he doesn’t like it.

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
I’m ok with standing pat if they can’t get Stone. It’s just not worth it.

But they absolutely need to go all in for him.

I will agree with this and just add nyquist as a fallback.. if can’t make one of those happens then forget it. I suppose I could get on board for zuccarello too if his price really drops.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
And according to reports, McAvoy is part of the preliminary asking $....I would love Zucc (if we don't get Stone), but not at that cost.
Yeah, I would lose the Rangers number the minute they said Mc... click.

Honestly, if Sweeney does that he might as well shave his head, put on 80 pounds and start stuttering because he will have become Peter Chiarelli.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
The name "McAvoy" should not even be mention in this thread unless it has the names Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, etc in the sentence.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
And according to reports, McAvoy is part of the preliminary asking $....I would love Zucc (if we don't get Stone), but not at that cost.

I can believe the Rangers asked for McAvoy for Kreider.

I can't believe the Rangers asked for McAvoy for a rental on Zuc

Anyway, Boston has picks, Cehlarik, and almost everyone in Providence to dangle . They should be able to find one of the rental wings to bring to town

Reactions: Coach Parker

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Yeah, I would lose the Rangers number the minute they said Mc... click.

Honestly, if Sweeney does that he might as well shave his head, put on 80 pounds and start stuttering because he will have become Peter Chiarelli.

If he’s referring to the article I think he was, the Ekblad contract was being called a “unicorn” and that the Seth Jones contract (and others) were far more representative of what McAvoy could expect.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The name "McAvoy" should not even be mention in this thread unless it has the names Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, etc in the sentence.

Honestly, I wouldn't trade McAvoy for any of those guys,.

Names like McDavid, Eichel, McKinnon, Laine (maybe), are the type of names that would bring McAvoy into discussion

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad