Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XV- Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Players usually ask "high" and teams come in "low". You negotiate and meet in the middle. What is "way out of the Bruins budget"? It's difficult to speculate without knowing.

Who stands to make more money...A young top scoring/physical D man or a elite young forward? I'm guessing young D stud.

Who is worth more? Nylander? Marner? or Tavares? Charlie? In Toronto it's pretty much known Marner will garnish 10 million. With Nylander at 7 million this leads me to believe 10 million plus for a Charlie.

That is outside what I believe the bruins want to spend on a player...

If I'm right in my analysis and it's greater than 10 million I trade Charlie in the summer only because the bruins are loaded with promising young D talent and I hate seeing players harnessing teams cap.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I guess you just have to build the equivalent move that happened for Duchene but with Bruins prospects in order to get Stone.

I think our prospects are worth more than what was sent to Ottawa for Duchene. But that is relative, that topic has been exhaustively talked about here. The point is we have juicier options for Ottawa and should still be in on Stone from an Ottawa perspective. Gryz would be a nice piece for them, Studnicka is a recognizable name, the 1st and conditional 1st along with Duchene's are a massive haul. Imagine being Sens fans getting two firsts the next two years. Something to look forward to.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Heinen was also the rumoured cost of Panarin.

Man-crush notwithstanding, I wouldn’t move Heinen for a rental. Signed Stone, signed Panarin, Kreider, definitely, but it still creates a hole this year.

Right now (based off the last game b4 Pasta was injured and the trade), the B’s have:

63-37-43
74-46-88
22-13-42
4th line

Dealing Heinen for Stone or Panarin will obviously help the Top 6, but I don’t believe that Coyle is a strong enough talent to “carry” a 3rd line. A B’s team that has Stone/Panarin has a good chance to advance, but I don’t think it will be enough to beat a strong 3 line team like Tampa.

Moving Heinen just means that the B’s would have to make another move for a legit 3rd liner because I don’t believe that’s what Backes is right now.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Who stands to make more money...A young top scoring/physical D man or a elite young forward?

Who is worth more? Nylander? Marner? or Tavares? In Toronto it's pretty much known Marner will garnish 10 million. With Nylander at 7 million this leads me to believe 10 million plus for a Charlie.

That is outside what I believe the bruins want to spend on a player...

If I'm right in my analysis and it's greater than 10 million I trade Charlie in the summer only because the bruins are loaded with promising young D talent and I hate seeing players harnessing teams cap.

McAvoy hasn't done nearly enough to even ask for 10M+ and I doubt he is.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
McAvoy hasn't done nearly enough to even ask for 10M+ and I doubt he is.

The rumor is that his agent is using the Ekblad contract as an example:

"Aaron Ekblad signed a 8 year / $60,000,000 contract with the Florida Panthers, including $60,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $7,500,000. In 2018-19, Ekblad will earn a base salary of $4,000,000 and a signing bonus of $3,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $7,500,000."

That is higher than Boston would like for Charlie, but its not unreasonable. I think both sides can work in toward a good deal from there.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The rumor is that his agent is using the Ekblad contract as an example:

"Aaron Ekblad signed a 8 year / $60,000,000 contract with the Florida Panthers, including $60,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $7,500,000. In 2018-19, Ekblad will earn a base salary of $4,000,000 and a signing bonus of $3,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $7,500,000."

That is higher than Boston would like for Charlie, but its not unreasonable. I think both sides can work in toward a good deal from there.

Good call...it's 2019 with the salary cap going up...$10 million.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Stone or bust. Not only is he an elite game changer, he is in his prime at 26 like Coyle. The bruins are lacking in the 25-29 year olds due to a bad drafting / retention period. This fills some holes. We have lots of B grade prospects 23 and under. Too many that won’t ever make the team. The B’s can afford to lose 2-3 of them.

I would say no to a deal involving Vaak first and Stud second. All the rest are available.

Would not hesitate giving up 2 firsts for Stone if it means we signed him. Look how many firsts don’t make it or become impact players (ZS, JZ).

So yes. Everyone but Vaak and Stud. You talk about the lack of 25-29 year old talent. You get Stone and re-sign him you are likely without a first for three straight years. Those three straight years should be the young kids coming up as McAvoy and Pasta hit their prime. Not saying you don’t make the move, but you gotta be aware of what that means.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If its Dzingel day, color me in. He's a good player. He didn't want 5 years at ~4m/per in Ottawa. Maybe he didn't want to spend five years on a cellar dwelling dumpster fire in the prime of his career? I hope for the Sens' fans they sort it out at some point- probably takes a new owner- but the fact that Dzingel wouldn't extend there isn't overly concerning to me. If he's a rental, he will be a reasonably priced one based on what we gave for Coyle, and what Duchene commanded. He should cost somewhere closer to the Coyle price, though probably not that cheap. He'd be a worthy add. Unlike some, I don't believe we are an elite forward short in Boston. We have three, arguably four if you include Krejci (and if he isn't elite, he is damn close). A secondary scorer like Dzingel is about the prescription.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Same. One for one. You want an elite top line/pairing player on their ELC from Boston put up your equivalent. Imagine if Toronto was still in the West? Their key need (McAvoy) for Boston's key need (Marner). Too bad they are destined to meet annually in the first round and totally wear out the winner for a rested Tampa until 2023.

Even on opposite end leafs would never deal Marner for him. IMO he is there best player.

McAvoy and what for Ekblad and Dadonov??

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I wouldn't pay a 1st+ for Dzingel. Don't think he's good enough to make a major difference against Tampa. Prospect(s)+2nd sounds about right.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Why? McAvoy is 20, 6 years away from free agency. Kreider is 28 and only 100 games away for free agency.

Makes no sense to include him in those discussions.

You misunderstand. I'm talking from an insane NY GM perspective and how they would start talks for Kreider. I have zero interest in any trade with McAvoy and the entire Rangers lineup and prospect pool.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I wouldn't pay a 1st+ for Dzingel. Don't think he's good enough to make a major difference against Tampa. Prospect(s)+2nd sounds about right.

That is what I would think would be fair for him as well. A 2nd and a prospect depending on what Ottawa needs. Probably would need to be someone with a little NHL experience or is about ready for some. Would do that and hope to re-sign him this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad