Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XV- Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Ouch. No way, no way for a rental. Finding a potential #1 D is like striking oil while out hunting squirrels. Plus, what a hole on the right side it leaves. And for a rental. I'd consider for a sign and trade for the right guy, but who is going to take up the minutes at RD? It seems we'd be filling a need but creating as big or bigger need on defense.

Okay Jed Clampett.:laugh:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Like I posted. Teams are asking for him as payment.
Only reason I posted was a general response to the tone of why hasnt Sweeney done more to ger Player A, B or C.

I could see that. Letting the fans know early that 'the price is too high'.

It all boils down to one of two comments it seems:

1. Prices are too high for Sweeney and company OR
2. We overvalue our prospects here.

If no one else wants anything but McAvoy it's #2. If Sweeney is not willing to part with other prospects in Providence then it's #1.

Reactions: bbfan419

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
I had read Stone went to Vancouver is that not confirmed?

Ya fake Duthie account. It was the first thing I read on twitter because Bob Mac retweeted it being sarcastic about the fake account, but I immediately scanned and saw Stone to Canucks done and my heart sank (even though I doubt we end up with him as bad as I want him). Stupid fake accounts.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
This is what I find completely asinine. What grounds would any team have to ask for a 21 year top pairing defenseman with team control in exchange for a 20 game rental??? In the history of deadline rentals, when has a player ever returned something like that? I'm going to say never.

Sweeney: 'Hey Chevy, heard your offer trumps mine for Stone. Congrats.'
Chevy: 'Thanks! Another hometown kid signing longterm to fill our RW with Wheeler.'
Sweeney: 'Wow. Nice. Didn't know he was signing as well. How are you going to afford everyone and put Laine on the third line RW or LW?'
Chevy: 'Yeah, about that. Trouba's walking July 1st. How are things going with McAvoy?'
Sweeney: 'How are things going with Laine?'
(...long pause, and silence as both contemplate shocking both franchises and the hockey world.)

That is the only conversation I'd hope would involve McAvoy. The rest is like trying to use your Black Mastercard while walking around yard sales.

Reactions: Strafer

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Unless Sweeney already knows his agents ask as an RFA. If we are to believe that’s McAvoy has rejected an offer from the team over the summer, would anyone here agree to pay McAvoy 8m per longterm?

Would we be okay moving McAvoy in a deal for Taylor Hall?

Plugging one hole by creating another.

Reactions: bbfan419

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Only way McAvoy is moved is if behind the scenes has kept turning down Boston offers and plans on asking for way more than Boston thinks he is worth at this time.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Only way McAvoy is moved is if behind the scenes has kept turning down Boston offers and plans on asking for way more than Boston thinks he is worth at this time.
Right, exactly! Not about you AM but everyone else: Can we move on from fantasy forum BS and get back to reality?!? McAvoy isn't going anywhere, if they traded him after the debacle of Seguin et al Sweeney and Neely would be fired. #NOTGONNAHAPPEN!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

I don’t believe he’s going anywhere.

Like I said heard it was an ‘ask’.

Which is no different than any other GM just doing there job. But does so why deals arent just a snap of the fingers.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Brassard is like Simmonds and Vanek they all suck and I don't want them on the Bruins, hoping they all go to some other team other than Boston soon.

We already have Stemp waiting in the wings if that is what they want, and so far, no deal. Lets move on from the aging, past it guys (I was a big Simmonds guy, but have had a chance to see more of him of late, tuned in to some more Flyers games after the B's rumors started and I agree with others, he isn't the droid we are looking for anymore). Vanek, just no.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
No one is safe in sports when it comes to trades, Move Charlie? Not 100% against it but it better be a massive return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad