Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XV- Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Pass. Pretty disappointing he’s still talking to the Rangers at this point.
He has to have a plan B to his plan A (getting Stone). Dialogue is key. If as expected things don't happen with Stone/Dzing Sweeney needs to have a string of plans to initiate. He can't just get on the phone at 2:45 PM on Monday call someone and hammer out a deal, send it in and get it approved just like that. These days deals need to be hammered out carefully and deliberately.

Reactions: sarge88

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Well I think this Monday sets the record straight. Either:

1. Sweeney's prospects hold value enough to bring in a top six RW.

0r

2. No one wants the Bruins prospects for their top six RW rentals.

or

3. Sweeney holds these prospects at such a high value that he won't part with them for a top six RW.

If 'prices were too high' and the narrative is that when people say 'well what's too high?' and the usuals leak 'McAvoy was too high' that means that the rest aren't valued enough to be worth even a RW rental.

If he makes a move for a top 6 RW and it costs a prospect then they indeed have value and Sweeney isn't afraid to make moves. Win-win.

Sweeney has to do something. He cannot walk away from Monday without a scoring winger. That's a huge PR loss for him., and I think other GMs know it.

If the asking prices are too high, I still expect some sort of smaller pickup. I would be stunned if nothing else gets done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coach Parker

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
This is a perfect storm Trade Deadline for Don Sweeney and he can hit a home run.

1. The one glaring hole that the Bruins have is the RW position on the 2nd line.
2. The two top players available are both RWers (Panarin and Stone).
3. The prospects that he drafted are now ending their ELC contracts and a clear picture of their abilities and NHL talent has been on display during an injury-plagued season. There isn't a single prospect that the Bruins haven't a solid portfolio and write-up of.
4. The teams rumoured (Calgary and Winnipeg) vying for the top two RW talents are also very deep at that position.
5. The year has honoured two of the aging leaders (Bergeron and Rask) this year for their historic accomplishments while they are in their prime.
6. Secondary scoring and defence are full of players on their ELCs bringing the cap hit down (DeBrusk, Grzelcyk, McvAvoy, Heinen, Carlo).
7. The Bruins have the 8th most cap space in the NHL.
8. There is a secondary pool of RW talent available for rental beyond the big two.
9. They were able to address the 3rd line centre hole early in the week removing the pressure to pull off 2-3 moves before the deadline.

It's crazy that all of this is lining up for them while so many Bruins are playing for their second contracts.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
While I do agree that value wise, he's not worth a McAvoy, I don't agree that Kreider leaves "a lot to be desired". He's a 6'3'' 225 lbs. bull out there. He's got a ridiculous speed + size combination and isn't afraid to throw the body around. He's chippy as well. On top of that, he's good for 20+ goals + 45 points a year. He's entering his prime and on pace for 33G/60P this season.

To piggy back on this...what if it's Kreider plus a promising prospect from the Rangers? Anyone of interest?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
1. Other teams wanting Mcavoy for meh players is ridiculous.
2. Trading Mcavoy is ridiculous.
3. This is exactly why Don needs to go all in on Stone. They want 2 1sts? So what? The team would be set for the foreseeable future.
4. Trading Mcavoy is ridiculous.

Trading an asking price too high, injury prone, MaCavoy is not ridiculous if the return is not for a rental.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
IMO if he comes to Boston he won't....I wouldnt expect a lot of goals from him for the rest of the year playing on 3rd line.

Well that is the beauty of adding more guys capable of scoring.It deepens the lineup and creates matchup issues.Look at the chances Nordstrom gets but hands of stone.Lots of them are in if its Dzingel.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Sweeney has to do something. He cannot walk away money without a scoring winger. Thats a huge PR loss for him., and I think other GMs know it.

If the asking prices are too high, I still expect some sort of smaller pickup. I would be stunned if nothing else gets done.

I guess you just have to build the equivalent move that happened for Duchene but with Bruins prospects in order to get Stone.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Trading an asking price too high, injury prone, MaCavoy is not ridiculous if the return is not for a rental.

I think it's ridiculous. You don't trade stud top pairing guys for wingers....Especially when the winger coming back plays the side you're deepest on. Also, can we stop with the "injury prone" stuff? His injury history has been freak and unfortunate. Failing to see how a concussion, heart issue, and an infection on his foot make him "injury prone".

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Well that is the beauty of adding more guys capable of scoring.It deepens the lineup and creates matchup issues.Look at the chances Nordstrom gets but hands of stone.Lots of them are in if its Dzingel.

Not disagreeing....depth is great, but I'd rather have someone more proven for playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad