Confirmed with Link: Bruins to host 2016 Winter Classic vs Montreal at Gillette

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
My guess is we will play both nights before on the West Coast while the Habs are resting.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I seem to be in the minority but yuck - not a big fan of this. High ticket price, cold weather, bad view, $50 parking, terrible traffic.

Will there be a decent secondary market for this or has the Winter Classic demand decreased over the years?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
What about the Pats? Platyoffs etc

It would affect the Pats if they were hosting a Wild Card game. Pats would have to be one of the Sunday wild card games and you have to think that they have already figured out the logistics and that they can start to take down the rink after the game ends and have everything ready for a Sunday game.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It would affect the Pats if they were hosting a Wild Card game. Pats would have to be one of the Sunday wild card games and you have to think that they have already figured out the logistics and that they can start to take down the rink after the game ends and have everything ready for a Sunday game.

no conflict with the Patriots.

They will win Super Bowl in two weeks but a scandal will develop that one of the Sea Hawks practice players is a Patriots informant and the Patriots will be given the death penalty like SMU for a couple of years.

The NFL will go with 31 teams in 2016

marty

Jun 30, 2007
This has got to be the first time where both team have there own 24/7 type show heading in (Behind the B and 24CH). That should make for more comfortable and therefore hopefully better characters on the epix road to the winter classic. And generally they get the teams to play once leading up to the game so a late december Bruins/Habs match up will also be fun to see behind the scenes.

chrispar18

Apr 30, 2013
I seem to be in the minority but yuck - not a big fan of this. High ticket price, cold weather, bad view, $50 parking, terrible traffic.

Will there be a decent secondary market for this or has the Winter Classic demand decreased over the years?

Yes I would love to know if it's better to try ticket master or stubhub

schmautzy

Feb 22, 2010
What about the Pats? Platyoffs etc
Regular season ends that weekend. Read elsewhere or maybe up-thread that they could play last 2 games on the road.

I think tickets are sold 2 both teams season ticket holders and then lottery for general sale.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Was on my iPad while I caught the Winter Classic story on the local news. My reaction:

Hockey needs more fans, yes - but these stunts are stupid. I don't get the attraction of any fan - casual or hardcore - to having a game played outdoors instead of inside. At least they're only doing one game outside this year. (It is just one game, right?)

It's even worse for people at the game, who have sightlines that are terrible. That's the one thing I can't complain about at the Garden - I'm in the "end part" of the 3 corner balcony sections, 11th row, and I can see EV-ER-Y-THING! I know people complained bitterly about Fenway - Gillette may be a baby step forward in terms of sightlines, but it's two giant leaps backward in terms of transportation. Yeah, tailgates are cool, but not when you have to commit grand larceny to pay for parking to have one.

I wonder how tickets will work. Anyone remember from our last go around? I recall at one of these outdoor games (probably not ours) that some STH were "given the opportunity" to buy a seat at the stadium for extra, or to pay for 43 games instead of 44. More importantly, since I'm only a mere game plan holder, are they gonna stick some lame "9 game plan" that's the same price as 11 games, with 2 preseason games, 6 regular season games at the Garden, and the Gillette crap-fest?

That said, maybe Jeremy Burns will have a heart and only do 2 preseason games. S'yeah, right....

I am looking forward to the Epix show, seeing that I'm the one person in the greater Boston area who gets Epix. It's got to be better than the half-hour infomercial that they have on now....

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
I love the Winter Classic.. I think it's a fun gimmick.. this is sports and it's for entertainment.

I love that that the Bruins are playing Montreal at the Razor

I'm gonna wear some warm clothes, grille a bunch of tasty meat, and drink beer for a couple hours before the game too.

so there

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Was on my iPad while I caught the Winter Classic story on the local news. My reaction:

I wonder how tickets will work. Anyone remember from our last go around? I recall at one of these outdoor games (probably not ours) that some STH were "given the opportunity" to buy a seat at the stadium for extra, or to pay for 43 games instead of 44. More importantly, since I'm only a mere game plan holder, are they gonna stick some lame "9 game plan" that's the same price as 11 games, with 2 preseason games, 6 regular season games at the Garden, and the Gillette crap-fest?

Pretty sure that only full ST holders will get access to Winter Classic tickets. No partial plan holders will be able to buy them during the ST holder sale.

Full season ticket payment plans should be based on 1 less home game. Winter classic is a separate ticket sale. Last Winter Classic ticket sales were by Ticketmaster only. You were assigned a date and time based on ST seniority.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I like the fact that all hockey eyes will be on the Bruins.....and that other team they're going to be playing but I'm done with the Classic. It is a neat spectacle but I find it's at the expense of the quality of play.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Is anyone else truly sick of he winter classic? To me it lost it's nostalgia years ago when they decided it was a good idea to do it each and every year.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Is anyone else truly sick of he winter classic? To me it lost it's nostalgia years ago when they decided it was a good idea to do it each and every year.

In a way, I agree with you. I wouldn't mind having the Classic every other year at this point. But on the flipside, we would probably have to deal with the dumb stadium series games (which I see no point for).

Wouldn't mind going to this, as long as the ticket prices won't break the bank for me.

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston

Not really. I watch every year. It's still a massive money maker for the league and the players love it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Mrs. Odaat and I are fully prepared to spend the Holiday season in your lovely state:)

It`s less about the game which rarely is as well played as it would be under normal conditions, it`s more about the experience itself

Should be fun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad