Confirmed with Link: Bruins to host 2016 Winter Classic vs Montreal at Gillette

roll4lines

Apr 24, 2014
CNY
You bring the RV, I'll bring the ribs, and we'll let the LF'ers guess as to which of us is the imposter! :laugh:

haha! looks like im the imposter ;)

ive gotta do some research, if i can haul the RV that way it would make for a great trip. although itll already be winterized. are there portajohns out there during tailgating?

Last edited:

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I love the Winter Classic.. I think it's a fun gimmick.. this is sports and it's for entertainment.

I love that that the Bruins are playing Montreal at the Razor

I'm gonna wear some warm clothes, grille a bunch of tasty meat, and drink beer for a couple hours before the game too.

so there

Same here , why cry about this game , it should be a lot of fun ! It didn't hurt last Winter Classic when 98.5 the sports held a contest and I won 2 tickets to the game. We should get together all Hfers who will be attending this gig and have a huge cookout there , I know I would be baked by noon time !

Last edited:

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
haha! looks like im the imposter ;)

ive gotta do some research, if i can haul the RV that way it would make for a great trip. although itll already be winterized. are there portajohns out there during tailgating?

Been 10 years since I have been to Gillette, but there were porta-potties then. Can't imagine the outcome otherwise! Yech!

I'm guessing there are specific parking areas for RVs.

Love your user name!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Is anyone else truly sick of he winter classic? To me it lost it's nostalgia years ago when they decided it was a good idea to do it each and every year.

Not really sick of it but if it's teams I don't care about watching it doesn't drive me to watch (I totally skipped this year's because I don't like the Caps-I don't hate them either so nothing to interest me).

I like the idea of a Bruins/Habs winter classic and unlike a Caps/Hawks match up there is a ton of interesting history of the rivalry and it will make a very good foundation to build excitement.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
I can't really fathom why the Winter Classic evokes such vitriol and negativity from people

it's one game.. on New Years Day.. and it's a fun concept.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I can't really fathom why the Winter Classic evokes such vitriol and negativity from people

Totally agree. I didn't like all the other outdoor games last season, but 1 (2 if you count the Heritage) a year is perfect.

I will be there unless I am dead. (which is a possibility)

OneStepCloser

Feb 17, 2009
Boston

Couldn't agree more.

Combine a day of tailgating with a Bruins/Habs game outside in a stadium almost 4 times the size of the Garden? I'll be there, all day long.

If it's anything like what I remember from the last Bruins winter classic ticket market prices will be high and anyone on the fence about going will be watching from their couch. It's an expensive event, but a hell of a good time.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
would love to tailgate with the RV, wonder if that is doable

you should have no problem bringing in an RV... at least in football games it is no problem. My friends and I take a party bus to the bills at pats every year and it is always a good time, special parking lot of buses/limos/RVs and parking is like 120 or something absurd but if you break it down by person it is cheaper than in cars...

I can't wait for this. I'll be there tailgating for sure. Looks like I'm not going out next new years.:handclap:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Couldn't agree more.

Combine a day of tailgating with a Bruins/Habs game outside in a stadium almost 4 times the size of the Garden? I'll be there, all day long.

If it's anything like what I remember from the last Bruins winter classic ticket market prices will be high and anyone on the fence about going will be watching from their couch. It's an expensive event, but a hell of a good time.

It`s been 10 years since I qualified as someone who was into the tailgating stuff, nowadays, it`s tail gazing:naughty:

Sorry, IF Mrs. Odaat gives it the thumbs up that is

The quality of the hockey itself rarely is as good as it is indoors but I don`t approach my viewing a game like this with expectations of it being that way. I look at this for what it is, a game being played outdoors, hopefully evoking some memories for the players and the many fans of playing pond hockey as kids.

What I do not like or feel this league needs is more than one a season

Mrs. Odaat and I now taking requests from anyone here to have us as house guests too....I have no shame, hey, neither of us consumes booze, don`t use drugs, were neat, what do ya want???:)

nickyb

May 5, 2004
I could definitely see minimum STH "face value" for this game, for the nosebleeds at Gillette, going for like 250-300 a pop! These will be jacked wayyyy up! :)

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I could definitely see minimum STH "face value" for this game, for the nosebleeds at Gillette, going for like 250-300 a pop! These will be jacked wayyyy up! :)

Yeah.

They have to sell twice as many seats as fenway though so it won't be season ticket holders filling the place like Fenway for Gillette they will price it super high for everyone and you'll just get first dibs at paying 250 for nosebleeds.

Anyone who wants to go is welcome to mine at STH cost if they want to take a preseason game in the Loge at STH cost as well.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Yeah.

They have to sell twice as many seats as fenway though so it won't be season ticket holders filling the place like Fenway for Gillette they will price it super high for everyone and you'll just get first dibs at paying 250 for nosebleeds.

Anyone who wants to go is welcome to mine at STH cost if they want to take a preseason game in the Loge at STH cost as well.

Not a bad idea instead of a +50% loss on preseason tickets to sell them along with face value Winter Classic tickets. Instead of just 1 preseason game you may want to try a package of all 3 preseason games plus the Winter Classic at face value.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
“I've never played outside. I think it'll be pretty crazy,†said Lucic. “Every crowd's a big crowd, but when you get into the Chicagos, where it's 22,000, or the Montreals, 21,000, it gets pretty crazy. So I can't even imagine what it's like to play in front of 70,000. I think it will also be cool to experience what NFL players get to experience in front of that many people. And with the way the stadium is set up, it'll be more enjoyable for the fans as far as being able to see the game. Fenway is a little more flat and it's 100 years old. That'll be be the coolest thing playing in front of 70,000 fans.â€

The New Year's Day game's location and opponent, first reported by WEEI.com, is expected to be officially announced at the Board of Governors' meeting this Saturday at All-Star weekend.

Brad Marchand did play in the first Classic in which the B's participated.

“That's incredible. Hopefully I'm still around for that,†said Marchand with a grin. “It's such a huge thing for any player to be a part of that, especially at Gillette with that big a crowd and our home crowd. It'll be an incredible experience. If I'm fortunate to play in that game, I'll be very excited.â€

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._at_gillette_pretty_crazy_says_bs_milan_lucic

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Yeah.

One plus is Montreal isn't that far away and Habs fans will likely come down to watch as well. I won't be able to afford to go, but I will happily watch from home and I might buy some of the merchandise if it appeals (depends a lot on the design).

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
One plus is Montreal isn't that far away and Habs fans will likely come down to watch as well. I won't be able to afford to go, but I will happily watch from home and I might buy some of the merchandise if it appeals (depends a lot on the design).

No doubt. When the habs are town, I always see Quebecian plates on the cars. I can only imagine how many would show up for a outdoor game.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Wasn't able to the one in Fenway so definitely hoping to get there this time. Can't wait and hopefully they do it great

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad