Confirmed with Link: Bruins to host 2016 Winter Classic vs Montreal at Gillette

emh181

Sep 16, 2013
200 levels seats are gonna be best, right?

I would think the 200 level, the red club seats, or the 1st few rows of the 300 level at midfield will have the best sight lines.

Would free tickets to the game hand delivered by Jacobs make some folks on here happy? Prob not...

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I would think the 200 level, the red club seats, or the 1st few rows of the 300 level at midfield will have the best sight lines.

Would free tickets to the game hand delivered by Jacobs make some folks on here happy? Prob not...

No ........I still wouldn't go to the game if they were free .......I would have to pay for gas and parking......almost forgot about the 5 beers , 2 dogs , nachos , and peanuts :laugh:

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
GEE WALLY
Oh come on down for Petes sake.

Look, thousands of Quebecers come to Old Orchard Beach every summer. How many get drowned?

I mean really. Sure we all have our share of idiots .

But I think this will be a blast. Great rivalry. Great stadium. New Years is on a Friday.

Its all good.

Besides if some old timers here are coming down PM me. I've wanted to shake hands for years.
You kids? can **** off

BOSTON STRONG !!!

Wally I agree with the latter part of your post that you put up on the HABS boards. I enjoy talking hockey with older established fans from the Bs and even Leaf fans but the kids on all of our fan bases are truly a serious pain in the ASS

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was kidding Odaat , I will be going to that game for sure. Booked a room 2 miles away from Gillette last night. Should be a great time as long as I'm not too hungover from the night before :help:

haha

hydrate before hitting the sack the night before....merely a suggestion from someone who had 25 years of New Year`s Eve type nights;)

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm slightly less sour on this game now that I figured out that bookmarking the /index.html page for the Bruins will make it so that I avoid the annoying intro screen. How did I not figure this out before? It's especially annoying during the playoffs, too...

I still don't get the idea of playing hockey in a stadium where the sightlines don't make sense. But hey, it's still a Bruins/Habs game. I won't go unless there's some ridiculously low priced ticket, but I'll definitely watch.

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
im thinking the distance from ice to seats is enough to make the game feel isolated from most fans. You will most likely hear the people around you but not hear anything from the ice.

At the garden I sit front row center ice BALC for 6 bs home games annually. Right on top of the action. I also sit front row on the 25 or up in a box for a handful of Pats reg season/playoffs games annually.

As a kid it was just about being there, regardless of seat location. Now it's about maximizing the experience. So I think for nostalgic reasons this would be a cool event. But for quality enjoyment of the game I'm gonna save my $$$$ for Bruins playoff tix.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Oh really? Bummer. Is it like that for Pats games too? I haven't lived on that side of the country for quite some time, but I thought at one point you were allowed to do that sort of thing

The Krafts were sued by the families of 2 under aged girls who died in a car crash after tailgating for country fest without tickets.

They tried to get the ruling tossed and lost. Since that entire incident, tailgating w/ out a ticket isn't allowed.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
The "giant screen" is attached to the outside of a sports bar (the CBS Scene) where they film some of the Pats post-game jibber-jabber for the local affiliate. Lots of screens in there. It is probably possible to hang out there or in the other adjacent eateries in "Patriot Place" for part or all of the game?

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I can't wait for this. Anyone have a guess if they will offer STH's extra seats? I want extra seats... If not I'll just have to try my luck when they go on sale or take a beating on stubhub...

Tailgating is going to be awesome

Knotty Moog

May 12, 2012
Los Angeles
The Krafts were sued by the families of 2 under aged girls who died in a car crash after tailgating for country fest without tickets.

They tried to get the ruling tossed and lost. Since that entire incident, tailgating w/ out a ticket isn't allowed.

Wow that's awful. Makes sense why they banned it. I actually eent to countryfest there in '06 and that type of thing does not surprise me

Knotty Moog

May 12, 2012
Los Angeles
The "giant screen" is attached to the outside of a sports bar (the CBS Scene) where they film some of the Pats post-game jibber-jabber for the local affiliate. Lots of screens in there. It is probably possible to hang out there or in the other adjacent eateries in "Patriot Place" for part or all of the game?

Cool thanks. If thats the case it may be worth coming home for xmas/new years just to experience the atmosphere

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Hey guys, does anyone have a rough idea of when tickets may become available to the public? I booked a hotel room and plan on making the trip up from Nova Scotia for this game but I don't have a clue about tickets. Thank you!

Knotty Moog

May 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Hey guys, does anyone have a rough idea of when tickets may become available to the public? I booked a hotel room and plan on making the trip up from Nova Scotia for this game but I don't have a clue about tickets. Thank you!

Maybe same day as regular tix go on sale? May have to pull the old "take the day off work and have multiple windows up on the computer trick"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad