Confirmed with Link: Bruins to host 2016 Winter Classic vs Montreal at Gillette

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
It seriously pisses me off that the Bruins got the Winter Classic 1 year before they started doing HBO 24/7 and now they're doing it 1 year after HBO stops doing it.

Mother ****er. :rant:

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
It seriously pisses me off that the Bruins got the Winter Classic 1 year before they started doing HBO 24/7 and now they're doing it 1 year after HBO stops doing it.

Mother ****er. :rant:

They do it on EPIX now. Same show, different broadcast.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I have heard of Epix less than I had heard of the Outdoor Living Network aka Versus.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I have heard of Epix less than I had heard of the Outdoor Living Network aka Versus.

I think I just watched Oliver Stone's The Doors on Epix. Didn't even know I had that channel. Probably owned by HBO?

As long as that show has the same producer and narrator, it will be good. B's mic'd up chirping up habs should be good.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
How so? Sight lines should...and will be better

Even in row 1, you're a half mile from the ice and the first 10 rows will be obstructed by everything they set up around the rink. Both endzones will be horrible as will the upper decks. The only good seats will be the club seats and perhaps the last few rows of the loeer deck between the 20s.

Just google pics from average people of some prior games at nfl and college stadiums. The distance from the ice and angles from most of the seats are horrible.

RaskIsABrickWall

Jun 8, 2013
Shrewsbury
Even in row 1, you're a half mile from the ice and the first 10 rows will be obstructed by everything they set up around the rink. Both endzones will be horrible as will the upper decks. The only good seats will be the club seats and perhaps the last few rows of the loeer deck between the 20s.

Just google pics from average people of some prior games at nfl and college stadiums. The distance from the ice and angles from most of the seats are horrible.

Will be no worse then Fenway that's for sure. I saw pics from fenway that were god awful.

Every game in a large stadium will be the same just like the one in the big house last year...but fenway must have sucked for those that went. You go to those things for the atmosphere because you will have a hard time seeing

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Yeah what would I now about getting in and out of Patriot Place and the different routes (North, South) to get there while living a mile and half from it for the past 10 years.

For what it's worth, I wasn't being facetious. I was just amused that someone talking about commuting from other areas... was well, living in the same city as the arena. Anyways, you know the area best, but doesn't change the fact that it's different commuting there from another area than living in that area.

Personally, being city-folk and all, if the Garden wasn't a simple 15 minute T ride from my work, I'm sure I would have been to many less games than I have been.

I've been to Patriot's place once in my life, and not even to a Pat's game. Way too far out in the burbs for my liking. In the city, I don't need to worry about parking as I can just hop on a T. It's my personal preference I'm sure many other people look at it differently, such as yourself.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I think I just watched Oliver Stone's The Doors on Epix. Didn't even know I had that channel. Probably owned by HBO?

As long as that show has the same producer and narrator, it will be good. B's mic'd up chirping up habs should be good.

EPIX is split between Paramount/Viacom, MGM, & Lionsgate

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
I've only been to Gillette once and it was a ***** to get to, but I'll totally go for this.

batesy

Dec 5, 2014
Nova Scotia
Runour out of the BBC is that the NHL is putting the Bruins as the home team against Montreal new years day in London England as the league looks to expand.

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
Runour out of the BBC is that the NHL is putting the Bruins as the home team against Montreal new years day in London England as the league looks to expand.

Ugh. Do they want to turn in to the NFL? I'm surprised people drink the kool aid on this stuff anyway. It's just a game like any other, just somewhere else, doesn't mean any more than any other reg season game. All hype. Hopefully most on here agree with the poll on the game last week about no neutral site playoff games? Same deal.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008

Epix is a good channel. It is like HBO/show etc. no commercials and many movies available on demand.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Epix is a good channel. It is like HBO/show etc. no commercials and many movies available on demand.

it's offered on TWC, but when first added it wasn't blocked, it's now a SUBSCRIPTION-BASED network you have to tell the cable provider to unblock...

Bruins40

Jan 3, 2013
Boston
Bruins to host 2016 Winter Classic

Would like to see in back in Fenway or Gillette, maybe vs Canadiens or blues?

BudMovin*

Saw the Frozen 4 in Fenway. It's a terrible place to host a hockey game. Lots of seats can't see over the boards.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
if we're gonna put it in Boston, make Tampa Bay the opponent so that the Winter Classic can showcase one of the NHL's developing rivalries that were created in the 2013 realignment, which should be the case for the next few years

Boston-Tampa Bay is interesting because those cities' baseball teams have had an intense rivalry the past few years, so I expect it to spill over into hockey

That being said, some more Winter Classics I want to see in the coming years are Pittsburgh at Columbus (Ohio Stadium) and Winnipeg at Minnesota (TCF Bank Stadium), both also division rivalries created by realignment

iGetCarried*

I really don't want to waste an outdoor game with a division opponent; especially the Habs.

Would love to see a St. Louis/Boston game. a little history between these two franchises, and would be a change up from the usual NYR/PHI/PITS/WASH nonsense.

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
coming from where? Anyone coming from 495 should have a pretty easy go of it..not sure about coming from up north

Nah, I had to take the train and get off at Walpole and go from there. I'm assuming they'll have the Patriots' train for the Winter Classic, so that won't be a problem.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto

Brad Marchand all day long. I'll be fine if he's the only one they mic up.

rickjames

Jul 18, 2013
London, UK

As a Londoner I'd love this but there's no way this would happen, it's just not popular enough to fill a 40k seat arena, let alone anymore.

Would like it if they had a double opener like they did at the o2 a few years ago, wasn't into hockey at the time but would have been fun for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00