Confirmed with Link: Bruins to host 2016 Winter Classic vs Montreal at Gillette

rudos1

Oct 22, 2009
It's great that we got it again but if the ticket prices are as high as the Fenway game I can't see me going and freezing for big bucks. If I could get in the door for 30 or 40 bucks plus fees ok but I'm not betting on it...
:shakehead

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
It's great that we got it again but if the ticket prices are as high as the Fenway game I can't see me going and freezing for big bucks. If I could get in the door for 30 or 40 bucks plus fees ok but I'm not betting on it...

Neither would I...

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
The New Years Massacre at the Razor

I hope there is a line brawl so then the NHL tries to go back to putting boring/non rival teams together

OneStepCloser

Feb 17, 2009
Boston

You wont even be able to get a parking space for that price.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Just thinking out loud here, but I wonder if this means that our extra home divisional game next year will be against the Canadiens. It would make the most sense; it would suck to have the Canadiens come to the Garden only once when they could easily come twice.

In fact, the new schedule seems almost tailor made to allow for a third game between two teams in the same division to turn into a "non-home home" game. If you're going to send two teams to, say, Prague, it makes sense to send divisional rivals, and to use that extra game. If you're going to experiment with growing the game by using new locations, may as well make it so that divisional rivals still get 2-and-2 in their home stadiums, instead of 2-and-1.

rudos1

Oct 22, 2009
You wont even be able to get a parking space for that price.

When I go to Foxboro concerts I park down in the private lots on Rte 1 you can usually park for about 20 bucks but with an event like this that could go up too...

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
They don't treat it like a playoff game. Even if they wanted to the ice conditions prevent thay type of quality of hockey.

You're crazy if you don't think the players take these games seriously. No one wants to lose a Winter Classic. Watch the Sturm goal, the Bruins came off the bench like they'd just won game 7.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Fun fact: of the 7 FAQs at http://bruins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=103571 , exactly 2 of them are answered.

I suppose, literally speaking, a FAQ is only required to have the questions, and not necessarily the answers....
Will parking be available?
Information regarding parking will be available at a later time.

Ummmm.... isn't that an easy one? There are parking lots surrounding the stadium, owned by the stadium. 90% of event parking is controlled by the venue, and they have events all the time, & the local police is used to redirecting traffic for big events.

They couldn't even make a definitive statement about that?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I wonder if the NHL is going to keep up two more traditions next year.

Namely, the New Years Eve game, and the Bruins always playing the Habs at the end of a back-to-back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad