Post-Game Talk: bruins @ Rangers

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 23124

I don't think it was the effort. They should have come out of the first period in a scoreless tie. The problem was that they tried to get too fancy sometimes against a team who just doesn't allow it.
Rangers don't seem to have a Plan B for when "fancy" doesn't work. The bottom lines were more successful because they weren't fancy and have more of a physical presence.

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
Trade Strome ASAP. Guy cant score. Hands of stone. He has been crap for at least a month now. Why he was on the ice at the end there is mind boggling. Might as well put Kakko out there and try the faceoff with someone else

Agreed. Problem is no fools out there think he's any good either so value is still Spooneresque.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Poorly coached game. Cant be stressed enough. They were sloppy from the start and when the PPs came the coaching staff allowed free reign. Especially after the first one...they clearly didnt have it to be trying the extra passes that they like and they clearly just needed to shoot the puck. Its despicable that the COACHING staff did not intervene and get them to shoot the puck.

coaching made the decision to go 5 forwards on the pp that scored.

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
F07DA576-2EB3-49D3-9E8F-DDD123659D32.jpeg
I saw this, I said to myself “I’m pretty sure that’s Kovalev27” lol

even better than this? Was the DJ Mika shirt my wife picked up. Sure she’ll love that I posted it here haha

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Big call considering Strome has 15 NHL playoff games on his resume.

Has nothing to do with games played.

Strome is the definition of a perimeter player. Great in open space and with time, awful battling in traffic, can’t win a loose puck battle and easily neutralized the second a player leans on him. He plays full time with Panarin, and is his go to option being that Fast leaves much to be desired offensively.

Guess what goes away the second teams shift away from the (relatively) lax 82 schedule skill game. Look no further than Tampa last year.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Difference between teams that are contending for a cup and fighting for a playoff spot.

They're lightyears ahead in terms of games played and understanding the NHL itself. We'll get there and hopefully be that team that is suffocating opponents.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Really not a bad game at all. This was basically a 1 goal game against one of the top 3 teams in the league who plays great defense. We didn't give them a lot either.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Brad Marchand on Lindgren

“Brad Marchand on New York Rangers defenseman Ryan Lindgren after their scuffles today: "He's not going to be a player there that's going to have a very long career. I'm not overly concerned with him." Damn. Cold-blooded.“

Reactions: leetch99

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Buch has actually been winning me over the last while. Really cares but he’s a different cat so it took a little while to figure him out.

Love how Chytil and Kakko look. Just great.

Strome is bad. Just have to trade him. Gotta trade Fast as well. I’d also trade Skjei but I can still be convinced either way on him.

Kreider I love but it’s just the right thing for the team to trade him as well.

And I really think that first goal given up by Georgiev was a killer. Awful goal and he couldn’t let that happen. Boston just doesn’t give much room to attackers out there.

Reactions: Jim Ramsay

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Brad Marchand on Lindgren

“Brad Marchand on New York Rangers defenseman Ryan Lindgren after their scuffles today: "He's not going to be a player there that's going to have a very long career. I'm not overly concerned with him." Damn. Cold-blooded.“
Marchand is a clown. His comments on a player who was going at it with him in a game mean less than the drunk Bruins fan I saw sleeping in Penn Station after the game. Literally nothing.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Not going to happen because unlike those two management is trying to resign him.
Havent heard a peep about that other then they were just going to try negotiations, just like they said the same for Hayes and Zucc. Which they have to say.

He would be signed already if they were signing him...

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
If it was Kreider it would be a single justification to give him any contract he wants and trade soft euro Buchnevich to accommodate it.
I’ve never understood why people think Buch is soft. I feel like he’s always been pretty physical for his type of player and he’s especially been very chippy after the whistle since Day 1. I’ve always loved that about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad