• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
DeAngelo’s presence was missed today.

It’s becoming glaringly obvious which players on this team are not part of the family picture.

Brady Skjei, Ryan Strome, Marc Staal, Brendan Smith. Buchnevich even to an extent. We need to replace these players with players who fit the teams identity and supplement our top guys with some depth.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Unpopular opinion: that wasn't a bad game at all.
Those two teams are very similar, aside from the Rangers splitting up their best players on to two lines. Boston has more depth and is more experienced but it's sort of like hockey's version of looking in a mirror. or maybe a before-after side-by-side.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Unpopular opinion: that wasn't a bad game at all.
upload_2020-2-16_18-15-57.png

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Well aware. So where is the coaching staff in all this? Where is the demand from them to get pucks to the net on the PP.

Complete failure from DQ and his staff.

Our GM just didn't pick a great coaching staff.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Poorly coached game. Cant be stressed enough. They were sloppy from the start and when the PPs came the coaching staff allowed free reign. Especially after the first one...they clearly didnt have it to be trying the extra passes that they like and they clearly just needed to shoot the puck. Its despicable that the COACHING staff did not intervene and get them to shoot the puck.

I think you're going a little overboard, but, but you are right in in the idea that the coaching staff needed to stress that Boston makes it a slog and the fancy crap isn't going to work. Mika was very guilty of that, and Strome always does it.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
People at the end of the thread blaming George. Game could have been way out of control if it weren't for him.

Crazy people will going to blame him for a breakaway goal and a fluke off of Trouba. I hate this fanbase sometimes. I feel sorry for Igor because he's got so much pressure to perform on his shoulders where the defense in front of him his ABSOLUTELY GARBAGE. So much in fact that we've got to put Mika on the damn blue line for offense on the PP.
Can't blame Georgie today. Team in front of him were playing zombie hockey for 50 minutes

Reactions: leetch99

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Trade Strome ASAP. Guy cant score. Hands of stone. He has been crap for at least a month now. Why he was on the ice at the end there is mind boggling. Might as well put Kakko out there and try the faceoff with someone else
Hands of STROME.

Reactions: RGY

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Those two teams are very similar, aside from the Rangers splitting up their best players on to two lines. Boston has more depth and is more experienced but it's sort of like hockey's version of looking in a mirror. or maybe a before-after side-by-side.
I wish

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
DeAngelo’s presence was missed today.

It’s becoming glaringly obvious which players on this team are not part of the family picture.

Brady Skjei, Ryan Strome, Marc Staal, Brendan Smith. Buchnevich even to an extent. We need to replace these players with players who fit the teams identity and supplement our top guys with some depth.
That should be the formula for sure. Guys like Lemmy and Lindgren are a start

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
As I mentioned in-game, Buchnevich’s retaliatory assault on Marchand is unequivocally the best thing he’s done.

Lindgren is nothing short of a throwback warrior out of 1993. An important reminder that a blind “B prospect’ level tag falls short in regards to team impact.

Rest up and hammer a short Hawks team on Wednesday.

Can’t wait for next Monday.

Last edited:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I think you're going a little overboard, but, but you are right in in the idea that the coaching staff needed to stress that Boston makes it a slog and the fancy crap isn't going to work. Mika was very guilty of that, and Strome always does it.
Youre right I am bit pissed. I expected a better effort today.

Losing is one thing. It happens. But when you lose like this. Infuriating. Forcing the extra fancy pass over and over again. Not moving your legs and skating.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Youre right I am bit pissed. I expected a better effort today.

Losing is one thing. It happens. But when you lose like this. Infuriating. Forcing the extra fancy pass over and over again. Not moving your legs and skating.

I don't think it was the effort. They should have come out of the first period in a scoreless tie. The problem was that they tried to get too fancy sometimes against a team who just doesn't allow it.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Love Lindgren but if Buch is your best player against this team.. You've got problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad