3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I’ve never understood why people think Buch is soft. I feel like he’s always been pretty physical for his type of player and he’s especially been very chippy after the whistle since Day 1. I’ve always loved that about him.
People that claim he is soft, obviously are categorizing him with previous stereotyping of the "euros".
He is chippy himself, and I haven't ever seen him back away when someone has done him dirty. I see him backchecking hard, and breaks up more center ice plays than anyone. Imo.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Buch has turned his game around imo, I think it would be wise to keep him around atleast in the short term.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
People that claim he is soft, obviously are categorizing him with previous stereotyping of the "euros".
He is chippy himself, and I haven't ever seen him back away when someone has done him dirty. I see him backchecking hard, and breaks up more center ice plays than anyone. Imo.

Dont think it's a soft thing but rather easy to move off the puck thing, he seems to be getting better in that regard but he needs to get to the gym with a guy like Fast to see how he is able to be so solid on his skates while being a smaller player. Fast is unreal strong on his skates for his size, if Buch added that to his game it would seriously turn him into a serious hockey player.

Reactions: Larrybiv

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
So I'm pretty objective when it comes to announcing crews- I only use the opposition's broadcast because NYR is too repetitive and they ignore the warts I like a little anti-homerism for perspective (I'm a dying breed)

On to yesterday's broadcast.
Holy shit the crew last night was terrible. I generally enjoy NBC broadcasts with Doc and Co., they try to remain unbiased even if they're not perfect at it. Yesterday was unabashedly anti-Ranger, every penalty was viewed with Boston tint, every play discussed on replay was as if it was the Boston guys discussing it focusing only on the positives of Boston and ignoring anything the Ranger player did. As an example, Skjei was held (penalty called) and his arm came up for half a second due to balance loss of being held, didn't grab anything when he did it, and the whole crew (except for Pierre) were like GOTCHA BRADY YOU SLIMY WEASEL THAT SHOULD BE A PENALTY ON SKJEI! If I wasn't watching with my 5 year old who never gets to see the games due to lateness, I would have muted it or shut it off in disgust right then. And it only got worse from there. Abomination of a broadcast. Pierre was actually great- he loves all NHLers almost equally (and to a creepy level lol but its all good) and it shows. Everyone else from that crew can GTFO.

Reactions: egelband and bl02

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’ll tell you Strome and Fast both absolutely infuriating. I can’t imagine what Panarin would be doing if he were playing with actually good players. I think Fast might be the most overrated Ranger I’ve ever seen.

and Strome? If you’re playing a shit team that plays zero defense stromes your guy to put up some points. But against a real team. A heavy team no one comes up smaller. Couldn’t be any easier to play against. Meanwhile mika and Chytil we’re battling all night.

Reactions: leetch99 and zephyr

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
To be honest, I didn't think the Bees were operating on all cylinders. They did just enough to win, nothing more...
The bruins , for such a powerhouse cup contending team , played VERY defensively , they barely had any scoring chances themselves. Their only really good chance was that SHG. The “perfection line” was neutralized pretty well.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I felt bad about what happend to Nash. I was really hoping he'd do well, always liked him.

Me also. One of those players I always cheered for. And I hate to see a guy's career ended by a concussion.
I really thought he was that missing piece for The Bruins and that they'd re-sign him that summer.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
That was actually a great trade for the Rangers. We got Lindgren who's been great, a first who we used to pick Nils Lundkvist who is one of our best prospects, and Spooner was traded for Strome who is on pace for over 60 points this year.

That's good. Never worked out for Boston but that's a win-win and those are my favourite kind of trades.
As far as Spooner. I was surprised you guys got anything. He had talent but just seemed like no drive, nor willingness to play an NHL style game or defence (whined about Julien) and I have no patience for young players cutting their teeth in the NHL whom don't exhibit Effort. For honest old-school fanbases like The Rangers or Bruins, you just can't have that kind of player out there.

And I really do hope Lindgren works out well for you guys.

And who knows, you guys might get another one of their young gem d-men the next week or so.

Deleted member 23124

The bruins , for such a powerhouse cup contending team , played VERY defensively , they barely had any scoring chances themselves. Their only really good chance was that SHG. The “perfection line” was neutralized pretty well.
That's where I disagree -- I don't thing they were neutralized....once they got that fluke goal, it was pretty much smooth sailing...they didn't have to turn on the afterburners....you could see that in the second period when they took control of the game...they did just enough to keep the Rangers on their heels while maintaining their defensive posture. They sat back and let the Rangers come to them and they kept us on the outside for most of the game (and I don't know how people can say that wouldn't have gone in if Shesty was in net, as if to say it was Georgy's fault).

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I’ll tell you Strome and Fast both absolutely infuriating. I can’t imagine what Panarin would be doing if he were playing with actually good players. I think Fast might be the most overrated Ranger I’ve ever seen.

and Strome? If you’re playing a **** team that plays zero defense stromes your guy to put up some points. But against a real team. A heavy team no one comes up smaller. Couldn’t be any easier to play against. Meanwhile mika and Chytil we’re battling all night.

Fast is a 3rd/4th liner playing on the 2nd line, strome is a 3rd liner playing on the 2nd line line that's the issue. It's not their fault they are being played over their head. I'd still like to see what that line would do with a better winger because it's hard to tell what Strome is when all the focus is put on him and Panarin on that line, they double team the puck carrier and leave Fast open.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Fast is a 3rd/4th liner playing on the 2nd line, strome is a 3rd liner playing on the 2nd line line that's the issue. It's not their fault they are being played over their head. I'd still like to see what that line would do with a better winger because it's hard to tell what Strome is when all the focus is put on him and Panarin on that line, they double team the puck carrier and leave Fast open.
Yeah I like Jesper but I’ve had enough of him on that line, he just doesn’t have the skill to keep up. And whether some of you like to admit or not, Strome does. Swap Kakko with Fast and I think that would be good for both

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
That's good. Never worked out for Boston but that's a win-win and those are my favourite kind of trades.
As far as Spooner. I was surprised you guys got anything. He had talent but just seemed like no drive, nor willingness to play an NHL style game or defence (whined about Julien) and I have no patience for young players cutting their teeth in the NHL whom don't exhibit Effort. For honest old-school fanbases like The Rangers or Bruins, you just can't have that kind of player out there.

And I really do hope Lindgren works out well for you guys.

And who knows, you guys might get another one of their young gem d-men the next week or so.

Lindgren has been a nice addition and should only get better. We have a lot of top prospect Dmen in the system now. What we need are more forward prospects especially if we are trading some of our current guys like Kreider, Strome, and Fast at deadline.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Has nothing to do with games played.

Strome is the definition of a perimeter player. Great in open space and with time, awful battling in traffic, can’t win a loose puck battle and easily neutralized the second a player leans on him. He plays full time with Panarin, and is his go to option being that Fast leaves much to be desired offensively.

Guess what goes away the second teams shift away from the (relatively) lax 82 schedule skill game. Look no further than Tampa last year.
Seems to be a lot of perimeter players when you face Chara...not just Strome !

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I can't imagine how anyone can find Emrick enjoyable.
Doc was ok 10 years ago but is a shell of himself now. Lots of ppl hate him off the bat because he's a NJD guy but if you ignore that he wasn't bad for national broadcasts. He's confident enough to disagree with Mr. Shoe Hitter himself, unlike yesterday's company man who called the game and agreed with every idiotic thing that came out of Milbury's mouth

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

and Strome? If you’re playing a **** team that plays zero defense stromes your guy to put up some points. But against a real team. A heavy team no one comes up smaller. Couldn’t be any easier to play against. Meanwhile mika and Chytil we’re battling all night.

panarin-chytil-kakko should be the 2nd line after the deadline

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
there were people in the game thread complaining that Buch did that stating that he could have cost us a PP.

There is no way in hell you remain idle when your teammate take a cheap shot like that. GTFO here
If he was smart he would retire the same day Chara does because once Chara is gone....he will get his rat sized head ripped off his torso by potentially a very long list of guys . I just hope Lindgren continues to annoy him and crush him at every chance ...keep it fairly clean LOL....poor guy is so ugly only his mom could love him .

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I think with TonyD back and Shesty...we could actually beat the Bruins in a 7 game series ....I think a solid forecheck on their D which I think is a bit slow , and we could cause many turnovers . Once we sped it up in the latter part of the 3rd...they were in trouble . Our PP was non existent yesterday and would change tremendously with Tony in the game . The Bruins were/are good regular season club but only get to round two if they face the Leafs in round one . Leafs are soft and one dimensional club and easily beatable for Bruins...Rangers can win even when out shot and can play much better then we did yesterday . I think folks are giving the Bruins way to much credit . Our club is in most games even against the ones ahead of us . I think Bruins will fade early in the playoffs as presently constructed .

Reactions: egelband

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Yeah I like Jesper but I’ve had enough of him on that line, he just doesn’t have the skill to keep up. And whether some of you like to admit or not, Strome does. Swap Kakko with Fast and I think that would be good for both

I agree...I think it's time

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think with TonyD back and Shesty...we could actually beat the Bruins in a 7 game series ....I think a solid forecheck on their D which I think is a bit slow , and we could cause many turnovers . Once we sped it up in the latter part of the 3rd...they were in trouble . Our PP was non existent yesterday and would change tremendously with Tony in the game . The Bruins were/are good regular season club but only get to round two if they face the Leafs in round one . Leafs are soft and one dimensional club and easily beatable for Bruins...Rangers can win even when out shot and can play much better then we did yesterday . I think folks are giving the Bruins way to much credit . Our club is in most games even against the ones ahead of us . I think Bruins will fade early in the playoffs as presently constructed .

Nope...not a chance we beat Boston in a series. Tony wouldnt have helped yesterday, the whole team was flat, Zibanajad turned the puck over all game, especially on the pp. Wasnt our game.

Reactions: zephyr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad