Post-Game Talk: bruins @ Rangers

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
As I mentioned in-game, Buchnevich’s retaliatory assault on Marchand is unequivocally the best thing he’s done.

Lindgren is nothing short of a throwback warrior out of 1993. An important reminder that a “B prospect’ level falls short in regards to team impact.

Rest up and hammer a short Hawks team on Wednesday.

Can’t wait for next Monday.

Wow, I fell asleep after 1st and missed it. this is awesome:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Against demonstratively the best team in the NHL, I'll take a "pass here, shot there" game.
Totally agreed. It was better than it could’ve been that’s for sure.

I just meant a lot of little details where they were fudging up. A game we could describe them as being slightly off of frustrating but definitely not bad. Lots to like but just some skill plays they messed up and weren’t perfect.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I legit don’t understand how anyone can think Kakko is a bust. He’s 19 and had tons of big boy shifts dominating down low. He looks gassed and needs to work on his endurance and even still he looks really strong. I can’t wait for next year or the year after he’s gonna be a stud.

People expected him to come in and put up 90 points playing on a top line.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Can’t express enough how different a look this team would have if we were able to find another defenseman like Lindgren to be Trouba’s partner and then another forward line Lemieux to compliment the middle six.

There are some passengers on this team and their lack of intensity is exposed in tight games like this. It hurts when you have a line of Chytil, Kakko and PDG playing hard fast hockey and cycling and then the next shift the line we send out doesn’t play that type of game (looking at you Strome and Fast)

They don’t fit the identity of the team moving forward. If we can find a way to keep Kreider at 5 years I think you’re looking at this nucleus moving forward

Kreider Zibanejad (Buch?)
Panarin Chytil Kakko
Lemieux (???) Kravtsov
??? ??? ???

????? Trouba
Lindgren Fox
Miller DeAngelo

Those ? openings don’t have to be big name pieces for this team to be successful. Strome, Fast, Skjei - these are assets you can move to acquire those question marks.

Find a Lindgren type to compliment Trouba. Find a guy like Trent Frederic or a younger version of Brian Boyle for that 3C spot. Barron could be one of those fourth line spots. PDG could even be an NHL piece. This team is not as far off as everyone thinks. The top end talent that is making them successful will still be here. We need to supplement it with the RIGHT pieces.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Lindgren showing is exactly why trading for a “Trent Frederic and John Beecher would add some similar traits like Lindgren.” Makes sense to me. Meanwhile, Studnicka is likely their best prospect however

Personally if Kreider gives a bit I would sign him.

If we're dealing him to the Bruins--the 1st and Beecher would be what I'd aim at. Beecher is from my hometown. I think what he's going to be is a very good 3C--he's a very very good skater and he has size and he plays a tough, mean game. He was more of what I would call a safe pick--he's going to play in the NHL but he's just not going to be a big point producer. Frederic's a bit like him but I don't think he'll be quite as good.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Lindgren showing is exactly why trading for a “Trent Frederic and John Beecher would add some similar traits like Lindgren.” Makes sense to me. Meanwhile, Studnicka is likely their best prospect however
I would love to get Beecher back somehow.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I went tonight. Zibanejad and Trouba were absolutely terrible in the first two periods. Our passing was a complete mess. We looked every bit as talented as the Bruins but our brains weren’t working until the last 10 minutes. Rough game.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Looking at today's game--one of the things I saw was the Bruins controlling the slot area in front of their net. Having the 6'9 Chara + McAvoy + Carlo + Lauzon--all physical D allows them to shut down that area in front of their net and combine that with a hard backcheck they were just breaking up plays and keeping us to the angles. The Rangers don't have anywhere near that kind of physical D and so we don't control our slot as well. We have better puck moving D but our offense doesn't work if our forwards don't get to the net enough.

We were okay in the first until that whacky goal---horrible in the 2nd--somewhat better in the 3rd and after Zibanejad wired his shot we were actually playing well until we pulled the goalie anyway.

Tossed Medal

Jan 23, 2020
I legit don’t understand how anyone can think Kakko is a bust. He’s 19 and had tons of big boy shifts dominating down low. He looks gassed and needs to work on his endurance and even still he looks really strong. I can’t wait for next year or the year after he’s gonna be a stud.
Hardly a bust but always along the wall never in the center of the ice and looks like he’s going to puke after 20s of every shift . Hopefully it’s an age thing and not that he just doesn’t have the motor to compete at this level . It’s alarming that he’s looked so out of shape and how slow he skates

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You can’t let the goal up that Georgiev gives up to put us down 1-0 against this team. Can’t let it happen. They lived off of it the rest of the night. That’s the goal Shesterkin won’t allow in a game like that. At least not often and georgiev just continues to do it when you give him a shot to prove himself as more than a back up. But that’s not why we lost.

we were awful for most of the game. Just awful. Refused to put pucks on net when Boston was taking away the lateral plays. And we just kept trying to make that pass.

we missed tony badly. I hope these games show people the difference without that dynamic guy back there. Fox is a great player but he’s not DeAngelo when it comes to be dangerous all the time.

Strome I cannot stand. Seeing him at ice level the mistakes he makes the carelessness the lack of urgency. The inability to do anything more than give it to Panarin. I can’t stand the way he plays. Honestly can’t. I want to like him but I can’t. Drove me nuts today.

hank looks absolutely miserable. He doesn’t speak to anyone during the game. Shows zero emotion. Came off the ice early during warmups. Just looks like he’s hates this. And I’m sure he does. He’s gotta do what’s best for himself.

We didn’t give up much. We battled. Lindgren was a beast. Trouba was a beast despite the horrible turnover. Staal as well.

Brady Skjei backed up all night played like he didn’t want to get hurt. Did not like the way he looked.

Kreider was lousy Unfortunately.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
DC4403E1-6369-467A-8BC1-39E6C26476A6.jpeg
And this was pretty cool

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Watching the Oilers-Hurricanes game now. Draisaitl's rookie season he was 19, and was playing North American hockey in the WHL the previous year. He only played 37 games scoring 2G and 7A before going back down to the WHL. His sophomore season he was 20-years-old and began the season in the AHL before coming up and scoring 51PTS in 72 games (playing with Taylor Hall.) 21-years-old for his third season, scores 77PTS in 82 games (playing with Connor McDavid.) He didn't explode until his fifth season in the NHL at 23.

Kakko won't get compared to Draisaitl, because the latter was taken #3OA not #2OA, which is really trivial. Kakko is only going to be 21-years-old during his fourth NHL season. We still have 2 whole more seasons to get through before then. He'll practically be a NHL veteran at 23-years-old. We might have to wait 1...2...3...4...maybe even 5 years before Kakko really gets there but he's going to get there.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Personally if Kreider gives a bit I would sign him.

If we're dealing him to the Bruins--the 1st and Beecher would be what I'd aim at. Beecher is from my hometown. I think what he's going to be is a very good 3C--he's a very very good skater and he has size and he plays a tough, mean game. He was more of what I would call a safe pick--he's going to play in the NHL but he's just not going to be a big point producer. Frederic's a bit like him but I don't think he'll be quite as good.

how about both? Honestly, playoff hockey is about the boards. That why a Columbus sweeps a Lightning. That’s why the Rangers were so successful for a while yet they didn’t the Panarin or the offensive defensemen to move the puck.

going to be a heck of a deadline IMO.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I went tonight. Zibanejad and Trouba were absolutely terrible in the first two periods. Our passing was a complete mess. We looked every bit as talented as the Bruins but our brains weren’t working until the last 10 minutes. Rough game.
I thought it was a typical Trouba game to be honest . Does our club use 10feet by 10 feet nets in practice ? Trouba can't hit the net at all . It's discouraging watching him wind up . With his mean streak and size he should be the guy in the crease on the 2nd PP unit . No point having him on the point with a shot that hits net one out of 10 times .

Reactions: rangerlp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad