Post-Game Talk: bruins @ Rangers

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
i love ryan lindgren

and for teams looking at georgiev (that includes the rangers) after a few rough games for him, I think over the last 8 periods (plus OT & shootout), he reminded everyone just how solid he can be if playing regularly and not being screwed around with by a 3 goalie rotation which leads to him sitting too long

Last edited:

May Rih

Jul 27, 2015
The top 6 simply didn't execute tonight - lots of missed passes and poor decisions with the puck. Playing against the top team in the league didn't make it any easier.

On a positive note - I thought this was Brady Skjei's best game in a LONG time.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This stings since both Carolina and Columbus lost today.

Brad Marchand on Lindgren

“Brad Marchand on New York Rangers defenseman Ryan Lindgren after their scuffles today: "He's not going to be a player there that's going to have a very long career. I'm not overly concerned with him." Damn. Cold-blooded.“
He seemed pretty f***ing concerned tonight. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: CasusBelli

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
He seemed pretty ****ing concerned tonight. :laugh:

That team gets its jimmies rustled so easily; Most hypocritical franchise in the NHL.
He got so mad when Buch sent his helmet to 8th avenue he started attacking Lindgren who was the one he cross checked himself. Buch might’ve sent Marchand’s brain along with his helmet on that play, he was totally scrambled.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
This stings since both Carolina and Columbus lost today.

He seemed pretty ****ing concerned tonight. :laugh:

That team gets its jimmies rustled so easily; Most hypocritical franchise in the NHL.

The glass half full perspective is that we were pretty much expected to lose and should be glad that at least no ground was lost

But yeah, considering we're a borderline team with two major contributors missing his wasn't a terrible outcome. ADA could have easily netted us at least a point given we had 4 unproductive PP's and he's one of our biggest contributors there

Reactions: leetch99

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
The glass half full perspective is that we were pretty much expected to lose and should be glad that at least no ground was lost

But yeah, considering we're a borderline team with two major contributors missing his wasn't a terrible outcome. ADA could have easily netted us at least a point given we had 4 unproductive PP's and he's one of our biggest assets there

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
He got so mad when Buch sent his helmet to 8th avenue he started attacking Lindgren who was the one he cross checked himself. Buch might’ve sent Marchand’s brain along with his helmet on that play, he was totally scrambled.
The way the helmet popped off like a wiffle ball was hilarious. Everything Buch does is so goddamn funny.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Also Trouba socking that guy in the face was significantly more satisfying to see in person

I was trying to watch the game at work which is an exercise in futility, who did Trouba punch in the face?

the worst part of this game was Buch failing to end Marchands career imo

Not for lack of trying. I was so glad I got to see that while it was happening. :cool:

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Bruins fan - I know
Just wanted to say that it's nice Lindgren is getting a look and gathering some support. I liked his game - then and now and was the only piece of that trade I cared about. The Bruins have been lucky enough to be a bit of a defenceman factory the past few years so it's nice to see guys getting their shot, even if it's with a different team. Hopefully it works out long term and he's a fixture.

It's also nice that on both sides of the trade, for me personally, Nash was on my wish list and although things never worked out with the concussion would do that trade every day as I couldn't stand Spooner and argued with Bruins fans of why I thought he should be cut/waived the summer before the trade... even I'm right every once in awhile.
So I'm glad you guys got something out of it. Honestly.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Bruins fan - I know
Just wanted to say that it's nice Lindgren is getting a look and gathering some support. I liked his game - then and now and was the only piece of that trade I cared about. The Bruins have been lucky enough to be a bit of a defenceman factory the past few years so it's nice to see guys getting their shot, even if it's with a different team. Hopefully it works out long term and he's a fixture.

It's also nice that on both sides of the trade, for me personally, Nash was on my wish list and although things never worked out with the concussion would do that trade every day as I couldn't stand Spooner and argued with Bruins fans of why I thought he should be cut/waived the summer before the trade... even I'm right every once in awhile.
I felt bad about what happend to Nash. I was really hoping he'd do well, always liked him.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Bruins fan - I know

That was actually a great trade for the Rangers. We got Lindgren who's been great, a first who we used to pick Nils Lundkvist who is one of our best prospects, and Spooner was traded for Strome who is on pace for over 60 points this year.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
That was actually a great trade for the Rangers. We got Lindgren who's been great, a first who we used to pick Nils Lundkvist who is one of our best prospects, and Spooner was traded for Strome who is on pace for over 60 points this year.

your point still holds true...but the 1st we got in that trade was used to pick K'Andre Miller after we traded up (using the 2nd from the grabner deal). Lundkvist was picked with TB's 1st from the mcdonagh trade

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009
Once again in a loss - a game I anticipated to lose - this team somehow came through in a way that makes it feel like sort of a win kind of.

Reactions: NYRangers16

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008

“Brad Marchand on New York Rangers defenseman Ryan Lindgren after their scuffles today: "He's not going to be a player there that's going to have a very long career. I'm not overly concerned with him." Damn. Cold-blooded.“

The fact that he made a point to say this means he really thinks the opposite. Otherwise, why waste breath on a scrub. Marchand was tough all night when he could hit from behind and had the refs or teammates between him and Lindgren.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

If he is basing it on that it's because he is physical and in general a tough player then......maybe he is just projecting. I mean, who is he to be judging anyone? When he was in his early years, I thought of him as nothing but a pest and instigator. Didn't think he would ever become what he has become offensively. Takes one to know one.
I like these back and forths......not to worry Brad, you will have ample opportunity toi get your ads kicked in many times before you retire. Lindgren will surely be around to accommodate you.
Ha! Could have been your teammate.

Deleted member 23124

Really not a bad game at all. This was basically a 1 goal game against one of the top 3 teams in the league who plays great defense. We didn't give them a lot either.
To be honest, I didn't think the Bees were operating on all cylinders. They did just enough to win, nothing more...

Reactions: NYRangers16

rangerlp

May 24, 2012
Can't anybody on this team win a faceoff? Don't we have a faceoff coach? Where can we get one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad