2019 Winter Classic Bruins /Hawks at Notre Dame 1/1/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Long term forecast doesn't look too bad... Around 30 degrees with morning snow showers right now.

Excited for the game! I fly into Midway on the 31st... Cheapest hotel I could get is about an hour away though.

Reactions: Fenway

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Saw a WC Jersey up close for the first time today.....

Hideous.

Bruins are black and gold!!!!

Not Brown and gold.

Such a wasted opportunity, IMO.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The wound from the the Montreal classic game will never heal in me , one of the lowest moments after following the Bruins for about 55 years.That being said , I'm upbeat for the Hawk game .

I won a VIP package from Draftkings and the NHL for that game in Foxborough. I finished 3rd in the event but the top 2 declined the prize.

I got 2 tickets for both games, 2 nights at the Renaissance Seaport and bus to Foxborough that could use the secret entrance to Gillette.

PLUS they gave me $1000 for travel expenses to Boston :laugh:

Not only was the game a disaster but I had Montreal fans yelling in my ear all afternoon :rant:

Fenway was magical OMG it has been NINE years

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Interesting that the fan guide makes no mention of any contingencies for weather.

Forecast right now still isn't bad, with AM snow showers, but if it's a mix or rain, will we see a delay like Pittsburgh?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Interesting that the fan guide makes no mention of any contingencies for weather.

Forecast right now still isn't bad, with AM snow showers, but if it's a mix or rain, will we see a delay like Pittsburgh?

WNDU-NBC South Bend is forecasting a high of 28 which should rule out rain. Lake effect snow :dunno:

upload_2018-12-27_1-14-31.png

Outdoor games look so much better on TV at night and I don't understand why the NHL/NBC haven't figured this out.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The wound from the the Montreal classic game will never heal in me , one of the lowest moments after following the Bruins for about 55 years.That being said , I'm upbeat for the Hawk game .

I was going to go all out to try to go to that game. Something inside me (beside the expense) told me to stay home. Thank God I did!

I’m with you... the 2016 Winter Classic was definitely a very low point in my Bruins fandom for sure. It was so bad that I was beginning to question why I would waste my time on a team that often doesn’t show up for the biggest games against their biggest rival - ie: 2014 Game 7 against Montreal and the 2016 Winter Classic. My cousin got me tickets to the 2014 game and I was so mad after the game that I left without saying goodbye to anyone and made a beeline straight for the train. I think I would have been more upset had I gone to Foxborough that day.

Anyways, I have a much better feeling about this year and the Bruins SHOULD cruise to a win. Just hoping they don’t think that Jan. 1 is a paid holiday!

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Fenway was indeed magic. The game itself actually sucked for a good 55 minutes of play, and the crowd was losing patience early. The payoff was totally worth it though. The tension building before the game started combined with the eventual two goals was perfect

The other outdoor game...yeesh. I got cheap seats with my brother and we hung out in the parking lot before the game, so it was cool at least to be able to meet up with my brother for the day (he lives in Brooklyn). That game was just dreadful though. I’ve seen some tough ones, as we all have. I think i just wanted so badly to see Montreal implode on that stage and we got the opposite.

Not worth the trouble or the risk for me to drive that far to see this one.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I haven't followed this closely in other years but since I keep getting emails about it...seems like there are tons of tickets available? The novelty of the outdoor game is (has?) fading. The players might enjoy it but it is absolutely brutal trying to watch an outdoor game in these humongous stadiums. My lone experience was BC-BU at Fenway and after that I said never again. The viewing experience is dreadful. Plus, when you keep recycling the same teams and decide to play in the middle of nowhere South Bend, Indiana...

Maybe I'm in the minority though.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I haven't followed this closely in other years but since I keep getting emails about it...seems like there are tons of tickets available? The novelty of the outdoor game is (has?) fading. The players might enjoy it but it is absolutely brutal trying to watch an outdoor game in these humongous stadiums. My lone experience was BC-BU at Fenway and after that I said never again. The viewing experience is dreadful. Plus, when you keep recycling the same teams and decide to play in the middle of nowhere South Bend, Indiana...

Maybe I'm in the minority though.

The Blackhawks have played in so many outdoor games (and lost most of them), the novelty is a bit lost. This will be the Hawks' sixth outdoor game and fourth Winter Classic (and its third in five years).

The WC is a made-for-TV event and NBC has a significant relationship with Notre Dame. Add to that, ND has a huge fanbase in Chicago/northwest Indiana, which would presumably draw a number of Irish fans who are also Blackhawks fans to the game. The Blackhawks & Bruins are two of their biggest ratings-generators, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad