2019 Winter Classic Bruins /Hawks at Notre Dame 1/1/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
A guide to the 2019 Winter Classic: Bruins vs. Blackhawks at Notre Dame Stadium - The Boston Globe

There will be a free fan festival Dec. 29-31 at Chicago’s Jay Pritzker Pavilion at Millennium Park. The festival will run from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central time, and will include autograph sessions featuring former Blackhawks and Bruins players Brian Campbell, Bryan Bickell, Tony Esposito, Denis Savard, and Johnny Bucyk; hockey attractions, including the Stanley Cup; live music; and more. Here’s the schedule:
Saturday, Dec. 29
12-1 p.m. — Brian Campbell autograph session
2-3 p.m. — Bryan Bickell autograph session
11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. — Musical performances by Red Carpet Riot
Sunday, Dec. 30
1:30– 2:15 p.m. — Denis Savard autograph session
2:30-3:30 p.m. — Q&A with Ray Bourque and Denis Savard
11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. — Musical performances by Stache
Monday, Dec. 31
12-1 p.m. — Tony Esposito autograph session
2-3 p.m. — Johnny Bucyk autograph session
11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. — Musical performances by 97Nine

Reactions: Fenway

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
If Tuukka is starting in Buffalo, I’d say it’s looking pretty good that Halak will be the starter in South Bend.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
49759000_10155783117887073_8106476047911878656_n.jpg

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Man, the last time I was in South Bend was....I don't even remember. I think, when I was in grade school in Harrison Elementary in Warsaw, Indiana, we visited ND for a day, but I cannot remember for any reason why we were there.

Not gonna lie guys, I love Virginia. But there ARE days I look back up at Indiana and get wistful about that state. Was an idyllic place to grow up...albeit with a cornfield literally in the front yard...

Can't wait to watch this game!

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I will never forget the first time I ever worked a game for NBC at Notre Dame 25 years ago.

Having BU roots I don't really like BC but a young Tom Coughlin turned down the chance to coach in the NFL because he wanted another shot at Lou Holtz after ND ran up the score on BC a year earlier.

This was a game for the ages

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm planning to come up for the day, so any listers who are also in South Bend, I'd be more than happy to meet up and put some faces with usernames.
For you and anyone else going cheer loud for our boys and have a blast. My daughter will be there !

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
For you and anyone else going cheer loud for our boys and have a blast. My daughter will be there !

I can't cheer but.....

I spent a good part of my professional life in Chicago and met my ex there and I always had a fond feeling towards the White Sox and Blackhawks and I also lived in Chicago when Super XX happened.

I actually had to hand deliver this video to Chicago media outlets ( My ex is one of the vocalists )

Reactions: sarge88 and Ladyfan

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I can't cheer but.....

I spent a good part of my professional life in Chicago and met my ex there and I always had a fond feeling towards the White Sox and Blackhawks and I also lived in Chicago when Super XX happened.

I actually had to hand deliver this video to Chicago media outlets ( My ex is one of the vocalists )

Should have hand delivered it to the transfer station :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: BMC and Fenway

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
My wife and I are flying into Detroit tomorrow morning and driving. The flights to Detroit were cheaper, direct and better hours. Even if it is an extra hour away from South bend, oh well. I was really looking forward to it as it was my 30th birthday present but we just closed on a house on Thursday so it’s now become quite inconvenient and stressful.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
The NHL has been following the Bruins since Thanksgiving for a possible 'Road to the Winter Classic' on NBCSN but it still isn't official as the NHL fears promoting 2 bad teams will not help ratings.

How do you promote this game to the hardcores let alone the casual fan?

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad