2019 Winter Classic Bruins /Hawks at Notre Dame 1/1/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Heard this last night from a Chicago media friend. I would say 80% chance it is true.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not as excited - Chicago yet again and Bruins have hosted their two.

At least it's a draw for college free agents this offseason.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
This will be the 2nd time the Bruins play in a Winter Classic. I still dont count the Canadiens game at Gillette because the Bruins never showed up for that one.

And if they don't 'show up' for this possible Winter Classic, are you still going to say they've only played in one outdoor game? haha

Reactions: Grimey

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I'd be down for that trip. Only variable is how to get back to the city post game as driving won't be much of an option.

Hope they do a Bruins sth presale!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Can they bring back HBO's the road to winter classic?

Cause I think Cassidy would be down with it.

This would be the only thing that interests me. Even though it was on EPIX, I liked the Road to the Winter Classic of 2015-6. But as far as the actual game - nope, I'm through with outdoor games. Make it a single game every year....NOW you've got me. But that year they had 6 outdoor games? Absolutely not. And, yeah, I'll watch it - but only because it's a regular season Bruins game.

I wonder how the players REALLY feel about it. At best, it's got to be mildly disruptive to their routine. Granted, some players actually like the media attention - although those are the same players upon whom irony and the DoPS smiled the last time the Bruins played outdoors.

Oh, and what's the Vesey joke? Some Notre Dame/Chicago connection? Does he love outdoor games like Gaudreau loves Nutella?

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Wow, I've always wanted to see a football game there, never been to the state of Indiana. I'm all over this. That said, I'm somewhat surprised we were selected for this game and not the Pens, Rangers, Wings or perhaps the Leafs(OMG, a Canadian team!). What about NBCSN's darling, the Sabres?

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
i read on here somewhere that he is unhappy with NYR. With AV as coach, I don't blame him.

Good. I have nothing but ill will towards that traitorous little POS.

On topic: I can't wait to see their jerseys. I'd like to see a throwback to when numbers were on the front and logos on the sleeves.

I don't know. The Bruins don't exactly hit these out of the park. The last one was downright fugly.

Reactions: Strafer and Huds0n

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
they should stop doing these in general. i will spend thousands to attend

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Will enjoy watching this one on TV. Always wanted to get to Notre Dame, but rather go for a football game. Plus after 2 outdoor games, I'm kind of all set with them. I'll go locally but don't see myself traveling for one.

Reactions: Ladyfan

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Good. I have nothing but ill will towards that traitorous little POS.

I don't know. The Bruins don't exactly hit these out of the park. The last one was downright fugly.

I really liked both WC jerseys. I still wear the one from a few years ago semi regularly.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
The first at Fenway was great...setting, atmosphere and game all were super

The second was barely ok.....setting ok but far from Fenway, atmosphere was lacking and the game was horrible

I have Savvy’s game- worn jersey from the first and Frankie’s from the second ....I doubt I will go to or add a third .....but 1/19is a long ways away

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad