Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Marchy was on a roll.

Here are Cassidy’s full quotes on Bjork.

I get what he’s saying but I agree w/ Silva in that they mishandled his situation.

Of course none of it matters now because Bjork was just hurt in Providence’s game this afternoon.

Reactions: Silva

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Marchy was on a roll.

Here are Cassidy’s full quotes on Bjork.

I get what he’s saying but I agree w/ Silva in that they mishandled his situation.

Of course none of it matters now because Bjork was just hurt in Providence’s game this afternoon.

it matters because if they'd done the right thing and let the kid play he'd have probably already been on a plane to South Bend and wouldn't have got hurt tonight.

It's funny how people get mad at the player when they decide to go the UFA route out of college. Bjork was a model citizen and hell of a player at ND, stayed loyal to the Bruins org and they couldn't give him the chance to play at the WC at his college stadium. I'd get it if Bjork was clearly worse than everyone else in the lineup, but Heinen was stapled to the f***ing bench last night and is apparently on the 4th line for the WC. this is not a good look for this organization IMO and if I'm a college kid drafted by the Bruins this is something I take note of before I sign.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
it matters because if they'd done the right thing and let the kid play he'd have probably already been on a plane to South Bend and wouldn't have got hurt tonight.

It's funny how people get mad at the player when they decide to go the UFA route out of college. Bjork was a model citizen and hell of a player at ND, stayed loyal to the Bruins org and they couldn't give him the chance to play at the WC at his college stadium. I'd get it if Bjork was clearly worse than everyone else in the lineup, but Heinen was stapled to the ****ing bench last night and is apparently on the 4th line for the WC. this is not a good look for this organization IMO and if I'm a college kid drafted by the Bruins this is something I take note of before I sign.
I dont disagree with you at all.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
f*** the Bruins

This is wrong

100% serious I hope Chicago beats them in regulation

Disgusting

If Bjork sucked I could see it but he had his moments in the NHL and according to Divver was excellent Friday night

Now he gets a head shot in a game he never should have been in

I’m pissed

Cassidy frickin lost me

Sweeney should have said something

This is wrong

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

It's funny how people get mad at the player when they decide to go the UFA route out of college. Bjork was a model citizen and hell of a player at ND, stayed loyal to the Bruins org and they couldn't give him the chance to play at the WC at his college stadium. I'd get it if Bjork was clearly worse than everyone else in the lineup, but Heinen was stapled to the ****ing bench last night and is apparently on the 4th line for the WC. this is not a good look for this organization IMO and if I'm a college kid drafted by the Bruins this is something I take note of before I sign.
This is one of the greatest posts in my 20 plus years here

I’ll use Donato

He’s a significantly inferior defensive player to Bjork

Incredible bad move by Boston

For tomorrow I hope they lose after that I’ll root for them but they disgust me

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Aren't the Bruins at the 23 roster limit? They are over the limit once McAvoy is activated from IR. So if McAvoy doesn't play on Tuseday, the Bruins would have to either send someone down to Providence or waive them for Bjork to play. That is if McAvoy doesn't play.

If anyone is to blame, I think it's on Sweeney for having so many 4th liners on the roster. I'm also not a fan of how they are handling Donato. He was sent to Providence to work on his game. When he was recalled, I expected he would be better, but he is still making the same mistakes. If anyone is receiving special treatment from management it's Donato, and I don't agree with it.

Last edited:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Aren't the Bruins at the 23 roster limit? They are over the limit once McAvoy is activated from IR. So if McAvoy doesn't play on Tuseday, the Bruins would have to either send someone down to Providence or waive them for Bjork to play. That is if McAvoy doesn't play.

If anyone is to blame, I think it's on Sweeney for having so many 4th liners on the roster. I'm also not a fan of how they are handling Donato. He was sent to Providence to work on his game. When he was recalled, I expected he would be better, but he is still making the same mistakes. If anyone is receiving special treatment from management it's Donato, and I don't agree with it.
send JFK down. problem solved.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
At this point I don't know what to think of Bjork, Heinen or Donato. Disappointed in all three of them, they have serious warts. I'm disappointed in Sweeney that he has hung on to these three players, all three of them have lost significant value since the end of last season. Not saying he should have traded all three, but at least one of them shouldn't be here. Especially since we have Marchand and DeBrusk locked in as top 6 guys on the left side.

That being said, I don't understand the decision to not call up Bjork for this game. From what I understand he hasn't been great in Providence, but he has been putting up points and Donato and Heinen have been awful. It's not like anyone would question sitting either Donato or Heinen.

Bjork doesn't deserve anything, he is a professional athlete and the Bruins have given him a chance at the NHL level and he hasn't seized it. But I still think it would've been a nice move to call him up for this game.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It sad, I used to get so excited for the Winter Classic no matter who was in it. Now because of all the outdoor games it feels like its lost its luster. Not to mention it seems like the NHL or rother team have made a big deal about the game.

Also disappointed the Bjork isn't playing. He's an upgrade over just about every winger in your bottom 6
....yet he's in Providence.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
**** the Bruins

This is wrong

100% serious I hope Chicago beats them in regulation

Disgusting

If Bjork sucked I could see it but he had his moments in the NHL and according to Divver was excellent Friday night

Now he gets a head shot in a game he never should have been in

I’m pissed

Cassidy frickin lost me

Sweeney should have said something

This is wrong
I do not get your take here.Bjork has 1 goal in 20 games in NHL and 1 in 12 at AHL level.I get your mad and think Bruins could have bent a little but hoping Chicago beats us is a bit hasty.

Reactions: HumBucker

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I’m with you here.

They wouldn’t have done this crap to Donato

Now we have to see what happened to Bjork

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I’m with you here.

They wouldn’t have done this crap to Donato

Now we have to see what happened to Bjork
3895392f01fda1d40d207cfb62df697b--flipflops-the-sand.jpg

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
saw a stat that 8 of Bjork's 9 assists were secondary? Tricky situation is with Heinen as I believe he hast to clear waivers to get to providence. He would get claimed by the first team in line. Backes being suspended doesn't give them roster flexibility, still counts towards the 23 limit.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
saw a stat that 8 of Bjork's 9 assists were secondary? Tricky situation is with Heinen as I believe he hast to clear waivers to get to providence. He would get claimed by the first team in line. Backes being suspended doesn't give them roster flexibility, still counts towards the 23 limit.
nobody is saying to waive Heinen.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
From the way I read it, Sweeney and company don't have Bjork in their 23-man roster for this season....and of all the mistakes I've seen the Bruins make, even just within the past 5-6 years, this isn't really one of the biggest ones. He's young; he's got plenty of time to get to the NHL level.

Yeah, playing an NHL game at his alma mater would have been really cool, and probably a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (after seeing how this game goes down, I doubt they ever return to South Bend), but there are 81 other games to play. He had his shot, and he was good - not great, just good.

Ultimately, there are 81 other games the Bruins have to play to make the post-season - as much as the pageantry exists, to some degree you do have to think of it as "just another game". Would it have made a great storyline for Bjork to be a hometown hero? Yeah. But sports isn't a reality show - you can't always write the best storyline if you want to get the best result.

Reactions: HumBucker

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I think DKH is toying with people here,don’t think he is being serious.

I sure hope so because I respect him as a longtime poster and value his knowledge on the game of hockey..I think the Bruins could have called the kid up myself but it would have been solely because of being nice not his play.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I sure hope so because I respect him as a longtime poster and value his knowledge on the game of hockey..I think the Bruins could have called the kid up myself but it would have been solely because of being nice not his play.

As long as the Bruins win I could care less who plays. It stinks for the kid that he couldn't earn the chance to play, would have been a nice side story for the network nothing more.

Fact is he's nothing better than what we have up now. My guess is to make it even happen regardless of whether he deserves it or not would have required some creative roster moves

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Think people get too attached to players. Bjork is a young 5th round draft pick who hasn't shown much of anything in the NHL. Seems a bit much to get upset over that.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
As long as the Bruins win I could care less who plays. It stinks for the kid that he couldn't earn the chance to play, would have been a nice side story for the network nothing more.

Fact is he's nothing better than what we have up now. My guess is to make it even happen regardless of whether he deserves it or not would have required some creative roster moves
JFK to Providence is all that's needed if McAvoy is on IR.
If McAvoy is in then JFK and Donato to Providence.

It's not that tricky at all.

JFK's not gonna play anyway so he'd be replacing Donato in the 2nd scenario.

Reactions: Strafer

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
nobody is saying to waive Heinen.
You would have to, in the bruins perspective, it's probably this, they don't want to send down Donato for Bjork, they don't want to send down JFK for Bjork, Debrusk then? Send him down? Which Dman gets sent down or scrapped?

There's no room on the roster, and the players they called up during the injuries have them in a tricky spot to be compliant with roster rules. They don't want to potentially give up roster players for nothing on the waiver wire.

At the end of the day the kid isn't on the roster because there is no room for him here and there is no reason to have him here over anyone else. He's not scoring at some unreal pace or taking over games in the AHL, and he showed nothing but the ability to skate directly into the opposing D instead of making an easy, smart or simple play at the NHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->