2019 Winter Classic Bruins /Hawks at Notre Dame 1/1/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneStepCloser

Feb 17, 2009
Boston
Can anyone comment on the regular "Breakaway" jerseys vs the Authentic ones? Hows the quality of the regular Jersey and is the authentic worth $50 extra?

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Can anyone comment on the regular "Breakaway" jerseys vs the Authentic ones? Hows the quality of the regular Jersey and is the authentic worth $50 extra?
the Fanatics jerseys look and feel way cheaper than the Adidas. almost like a Chinese knockoff. Logo and numbers were bubbly from a bad heatpress, material felt... off. Definitely recommend getting the Adidas

Reactions: OneStepCloser

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State

OneStepCloser

Feb 17, 2009
Boston
Anyone looking for a place to stay for the Winter Classic?

I've got a group of 4 (possibly 6) guys heading from Boston out to South Bend for the Winter Classic. We originally had a larger group going but some guys had to cancel.

I rented an Airbnb house for 2 nights (12/31 & 1/1) less than a mile from ND Stadium that has 11 beds. All in cost for the two nights is $1,139. We're looking for around 4 more people to help split the cost.

If you're interested shoot me a message and we can go over the details. I'd be happy to meet up in the Boston area over a beer to make sure we're all happy with the plan. I also have a couple extra tickets if you need them.

Cheers!

Reactions: Fenway

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The WC jerseys again are brutal.

Don’t care one iota about the history....

Brown should never be associated with the Bruins!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Found out that the Northwest Indiana Commuter Rail WILL NOT be running an extra train from Chicago on January 1st and they will just run the one train that arrives in South Bend at 12:10 PM - Neither the NHL or the Blackhawks would cover any shortfall for the railroad on a holiday.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins Winter Classic Charity Bags Give Fans Opportunity To Buy Memorabilia

The Boston Bruins Charity Bag presented by ’47 is a one-of-a-kind collection of Boston Bruins and Winter Classic themed memorabilia. These limited edition bags will be giving fans the first opportunity to purchase the new Winter Classic jersey, as well as receiving it autographed in time for the holidays. Whether purchasing as a gift for the holidays or just adding to your collection, these items are a must have. In addition to getting your hands on these great items, you’ll also be supporting two non-profits in the Boston Bruins Foundation and Cam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care.

The charity bags program offers fans the opportunity to choose from two different product options. The Premier Level Bag guarantees fans a Boston Bruins Winter Classic jersey autographed by Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara, Brad Marchand, Charlie McAvoy or David Pastrnak. The Gold Level Bag gives fans the chance-to-win a Boston Bruins black home jersey autographed by Cam Neely, David Backes, Ray Bourque, David Krejci, Torey Krug or Tuukka Rask.

Boston Bruins Charity Bags Presented by '47

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Bruins Winter Classic Charity Bags Give Fans Opportunity To Buy Memorabilia

The Boston Bruins Charity Bag presented by ’47 is a one-of-a-kind collection of Boston Bruins and Winter Classic themed memorabilia. These limited edition bags will be giving fans the first opportunity to purchase the new Winter Classic jersey, as well as receiving it autographed in time for the holidays. Whether purchasing as a gift for the holidays or just adding to your collection, these items are a must have. In addition to getting your hands on these great items, you’ll also be supporting two non-profits in the Boston Bruins Foundation and Cam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care.

The charity bags program offers fans the opportunity to choose from two different product options. The Premier Level Bag guarantees fans a Boston Bruins Winter Classic jersey autographed by Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara, Brad Marchand, Charlie McAvoy or David Pastrnak. The Gold Level Bag gives fans the chance-to-win a Boston Bruins black home jersey autographed by Cam Neely, David Backes, Ray Bourque, David Krejci, Torey Krug or Tuukka Rask.

Boston Bruins Charity Bags Presented by '47

Some pretty nice stuff in here, and of course it's for a great cause. I ended up buying the Gold Level Bag. Didn't get the jersey, but my mini retirement banner is signed by Middleton and my puck is signed by Ray Bourque, so that was pretty sweet

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The NHL has been following the Bruins since Thanksgiving for a possible 'Road to the Winter Classic' on NBCSN but it still isn't official as the NHL fears promoting 2 bad teams will not help ratings.

How do you promote this game to the hardcores let alone the casual fan?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The NHL has been following the Bruins since Thanksgiving for a possible 'Road to the Winter Classic' on NBCSN but it still isn't official as the NHL fears promoting 2 bad teams will not help ratings.

How do you promote this game to the hardcores let alone the casual fan?

This is absolute nonsense. Lets see .. Hawks where a dynasty a few years ago and the Bruins have an amazing history and is competing in the best sports market in the world . LOL Sure no stories there.

Get more people that know the sport and its history to promote it. Looks to me most of the NBCSN company chase one sport from the other.

One night work a hockey game the next night go to bull riding competition.

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

Looks like they decided to go ahead and use the footage as the show will be airing here in Canada on Sportsnet.

from sportsnet.ca:

Sportsnet will be airing Road To The NHL Winter Classic™ beginning later in December on Sportsnet 360 and Sportsnet ONE.

This year’s Road To The NHL Winter Classic™ will bring you behind-the-scenes access to the Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks ahead of their anticipated outdoor clash at Notre Dame Stadium on New Year’s Day.

The series will begin with two 30-minute episodes before ending with a one-hour finale.

The broadcast schedule is as follows:

• Friday, Dec. 21, 7 p.m. on Sportsnet 360
• Friday, Dec. 28, 7 p.m. on Sportsnet 360
• Monday, Jan. 7, 5 p.m. on Sportsnet ONE

Each episode of the show will air several times per week on Sportsnet channels.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Looks like they decided to go ahead and use the footage as the show will be airing here in Canada on Sportsnet.

from sportsnet.ca:

Sportsnet will be airing Road To The NHL Winter Classic™ beginning later in December on Sportsnet 360 and Sportsnet ONE.

This year’s Road To The NHL Winter Classic™ will bring you behind-the-scenes access to the Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks ahead of their anticipated outdoor clash at Notre Dame Stadium on New Year’s Day.

The series will begin with two 30-minute episodes before ending with a one-hour finale.

The broadcast schedule is as follows:

• Friday, Dec. 21, 7 p.m. on Sportsnet 360
• Friday, Dec. 28, 7 p.m. on Sportsnet 360
• Monday, Jan. 7, 5 p.m. on Sportsnet ONE

Each episode of the show will air several times per week on Sportsnet channels.
any word on US broadcast?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
any word on US broadcast?

If it doesn't air in the US then I can make copies on discs and send them out to whoever here wants one. Since there are only 3 episodes this year it will all fit onto one disc. It's an easy way to do my Christmas good deed this year. :thumbu:

EDIT: Should have read Fenway's post before I posted. Carry on. :ha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad