2019 Winter Classic Bruins /Hawks at Notre Dame 1/1/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
the mcavoy situation is part of it as well. right now the bruins have 24 players on the roster. chucky on IR.
the easy move is JFK to providence to activate mcavoy and you're roster compliant...so without knowing
if mcavoy is able to play, it'd be hard to fit bjork in anyway. the situation sucks as i think it'd be a nice
move for him to be there, but sweeney added too many 4th line players (and no idea why they kept
colby cave up after the 10 game/30 day waiver limit - why not send him down and call him back?).

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
JFK to Providence is all that's needed if McAvoy is on IR.
If McAvoy is in then JFK and Donato to Providence.

It's not that tricky at all.

JFK's not gonna play anyway so he'd be replacing Donato in the 2nd scenario.

Creative didn't mean not possible. Just don't see why you would send JFK or Donato for Bjork. Sounds like he was hurt today anyway.

For all we know he could have been called up tomorrow. I'm sure he would know how to get there. :)

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
the mcavoy situation is part of it as well. right now the bruins have 24 players on the roster. chucky on IR.
the easy move is JFK to providence to activate mcavoy and you're roster compliant...so without knowing
if mcavoy is able to play, it'd be hard to fit bjork in anyway. the situation sucks as i think it'd be a nice
move for him to be there, but sweeney added too many 4th line players (and no idea why they kept
colby cave up after the 10 game/30 day waiver limit - why not send him down and call him back?).
yeah this is totally self inflicted by Donny, it is pretty bad.

Reactions: Strafer

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
You would have to, in the bruins perspective, it's probably this, they don't want to send down Donato for Bjork, they don't want to send down JFK for Bjork, Debrusk then? Send him down? Which Dman gets sent down or scrapped?

There's no room on the roster, and the players they called up during the injuries have them in a tricky spot to be compliant with roster rules. They don't want to potentially give up roster players for nothing on the waiver wire.

At the end of the day the kid isn't on the roster because there is no room for him here and there is no reason to have him here over anyone else. He's not scoring at some unreal pace or taking over games in the AHL, and he showed nothing but the ability to skate directly into the opposing D instead of making an easy, smart or simple play at the NHL level.
JFK is going to sit anyway. If McAvoy is out (seems likely) then you send JFK down and can call up Bjork and sit Heinen (who played 8 f***ing minutes last night).

And sending Donato down for 1 game so that Bjork can play in a once in a lifetime situation makes virtually no difference in the quality of the lineup but would make a huge difference to one of your top prospects. The Bruins brass has made a big deal in the last decade about drafting character guys (at times forgoing talent to do so)...well how bout reciprocating some of that character?

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
JFK is going to sit anyway. If McAvoy is out (seems likely) then you send JFK down and can call up Bjork and sit Heinen (who played 8 ****ing minutes last night).

And sending Donato down for 1 game so that Bjork can play in a once in a lifetime situation makes virtually no difference in the quality of the lineup but would make a huge difference to one of your top prospects. The Bruins brass has made a big deal in the last decade about drafting character guys (at times forgoing talent to do so)...well how bout reciprocating some of that character?
Couldn’t agree with you more. I’m quite upset about this. Mad I’m paying money to attend this now.

Reactions: Strafer

gvkmedia

20th Captain in franchise history.
Mar 2, 2002
Oshawa.
www.hollandbloorview.ca
If Bjork would have played better from the start of the year - this would not even be a discussion. I am flying down in the morning and am looking forward to my first ever outdoor game featuring the Boston Bruins. I really don't care who is in the line up - just win baby. Just win.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It looks as if Brad Marchand is in, Charlie McAvoy is out - The Boston Globe

SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Brad Marchand is probably playing.
Charlie McAvoy may not.
And Tuukka Rask? TBD.
Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy didn’t publicly solve any of those lineup questions Sunday, when his club practiced at Compton Family Arena, the home of Notre Dame hockey.

Stadium quirk: Notre Dame Stadium has one tunnel to the field. Boston’s bench is closest to the tunnel. Chicago may have to walk all the way around the rink to get to theirs . . . The average low temperature for South Bend on Jan. 1 is 19. The average high is 32. Forecasted high Tuesday is 34, with a few flurries or snow showers possible, with winds of 10 to 15 miles per hour blowing west-northwest, or toward the Touchdown Jesus end of the stadium.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
There's a fairly high chance that both teams will have to skate indoors tomorrow. The Bruins are scheduled to skate outdoors at 3pm, but the forecast is calling for (possibly heavy) rain. If it's raining hard, the Bruins will instead skate at 1pm at Compton Family Ice Arena (where they practiced earlier today.) If they can't skate on the Winter Classic rink, their scheduled family skate would be canceled. What a shame.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
90 minutes to go

49503048_10216810961239063_2419607355625832448_n.jpg

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
It isn't the all-star game, there are still 2 points on the line, and the Bruins don't owe Anders Bjork anything. The Winter Classic has nothing to do with whether or not Bjork should be in the lineup.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
It isn't the all-star game, there are still 2 points on the line, and the Bruins don't owe Anders Bjork anything. The Winter Classic has nothing to do with whether or not Bjork should be in the lineup.
I agree with this. Why all the fuss over a prospect who hasn’t proven he is an NHL player yet? Whoever would have to sit for Bjork’s undeserved spot would be rightfully pissed as that player would have actually earned the spot with his play. These games are important for everyone.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I agree with this. Why all the fuss over a prospect who hasn’t proven he is an NHL player yet? Whoever would have to sit for Bjork’s undeserved spot would be rightfully pissed as that player would have actually earned the spot with his play. These games are important for everyone.
Ryan Donato hasn't earned his spot any more than Bjork. And lately Heinen hasn't either.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It is imperative to note that our opinions are formed by what we see in games. We don't really know what the staff is looking for and seeing during practice both in Boston and Providence.

NBC invested some serious money on a Bjork feature with Pierre that now will not air. The B's would have loved to see it work out...........right now it hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad