GDT: Bruins Break Up Day

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Backes wasn't hurt?

Um he had his colon removed, took a skate to the leg and has a concussion.

He's been hurt since camp.

Krejci however, was hurt at some point but is healed now

Will be curious to see what he had earlier this season

He got the concussion in Game 5, that didn’t affect his play in the 11 games before that.

I have said all along that consideration should be given to Backes’ colon issues. That being said, for the money he’s paid, he needs to be better.

Krejci frustrates me to no end. They needed him against TB and he didn’t step up. If there was a way to move him, I would.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
He got the concussion in Game 5, that didn’t affect his play in the 11 games before that.

I have said all along that consideration should be given to Backes’ colon issues. That being said, for the money he’s paid, he needs to be better.

Krejci frustrates me to no end. They needed him against TB and he didn’t step up. If there was a way to move him, I would.
You also need to consider the deep cut to his thigh.

He does need to be better but this season he is a wash for me since he was never healthy

I agree on Krejci and being frustrated. I don't agree with moving him.

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017
If you could trade Krejci for a decent player and get out from underneath that $7.25m, you wouldn’t?

Always worth repeating in the cap era. You need to be able to differentiate between the player and the cap hit.

I like David Krejci is not the same as I like David Krejci at $7.25m, and he's been my favorite player (non Bergeron category) of this era.

This was the same as my feelings about Chris Kelly back in the day. Liked what he brought to the team, thought the money needed to be spent elsewhere.

I'd actually waive DK today if I thought we wouldn't get stuck with the cap hit ditto McQuaid, and I'd trade a 2nd/3rd rounder to move Backes.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It's absolutely amazing the things these guys play through, just mind-boggling.

Once all the injuries come out, someone should try and catalogue all the injuries to the Bruins over the course of the season. Was there anyone who wasn't hurt at some point in one way or another?

Reactions: Chief Nine

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I'm worried about Backes. I hope he makes a full recovery.

The amount of injuries this team had to deal with this year is insane. Maybe that's just the norm around the league, and everybody keeps quiet about it, I dunno. But good Lord, it's just crazy. I have a fair pair tolerance, but these guys are just tough as nails.

NoLeftTurn

Apr 21, 2017
Not Boston
So far we have:

Acciari: Groin. Surgery.
Marchand: Groin. No surgery.
Chara: Upper body. fractured right index finger. Left shoulder. No surgery.
Riley Nash: Hip. Hopes to avoid surgery. Concussion. Sports-hernia.
DeBrusk: AC Join sprain. No surgery planned for now.
Krug: Fractured right ankle.
Bergeron: Pulled groin before start of season, flared up again late. Concussion-like symptoms.
Backes: Concussion.
Rask: Will undergo a minor procedure for a bursa in his ankle.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I sometimes wonder what the wives and girlfriends think of their guys playing through some of this stuff. Pretty sure Bergeron got married in 2013 after he died in the playoffs, I bet his wife loved that...

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

*applauds*

Also: who hit him over the head with the clue stick? Bergeron? Chara? Cam?

This is Marchand ..

Angel-on-shoulder-550x275.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad