GDT: Bruins Break Up Day

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Bergeron said he missed the game with concussion symptoms but they never went through protocol. I didn't read anything about sickness.
That's because not every beat guy was posting full quotes. I posted the tweet that mentioned sickness. It didn't go into detail but one can easily surmise that he had symptoms and went through protocol but couldn't be 100% certain because he was battling some type of sickness that possibly mimicked concussion like symptoms. I'd imagine with his history head colds/sinus infections can be brutal.

Reactions: LouJersey

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Well that's about as many injuries as I expected, tough to win when you're that beat up. We lost our only real secondary scoring in DeBrusk basically.

Didn't know Rask was dealing with one too.

I like Charlie saying he hopes the officials were disciplined for that failure of a play, should've been a 2-2 series, it really was an absolute series changer.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Well that's about as many injuries as I expected, tough to win when you're that beat up. We lost our only real secondary scoring in DeBrusk basically.

Didn't know Rask was dealing with one too.

I like Charlie saying he hopes the officials were disciplined for that failure of a play, should've been a 2-2 series, it really was an absolute series changer.

you know thats not going to happen

Marchand antics, after whistle scrums (every single time he was on the ice) ... I think annoyed/pissed off the officials enough, for them not to even make the right calls for the Bruins

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
This is Marchand ..

Angel-on-shoulder-550x275.jpg

Only his face should be turned facing the devil. That's the side he usually listens to :p:

Reactions: rocketdan9

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Uhhh...hmmmm

I'll let you sit on that one

Krug stunk, a loss yes.
Accairi 4th liner, he still played, we had backups.
Sprained AC joint
Some wonky groins
Backes said he could have possibly returned for 3rd round.
broken finger

What am I missing?

The tweet I was responding to was they would have lost round 3 if they got there so losing round 2 didn't delay the inevitable.

So now hockey players can't play injured? Not PC anymore? Do you think any one of these guys wouldn't have wanted to play a third round?

Last edited:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Krug stunk, a loss yes.
Accairi 4th liner, he still played, we had backups.
Sprained AC joint
Some wonky groins
Backes said he could have possibly returned for 3rd round.
broken finger

What am I missing?

The tweet I was responding to was they would have lost round 3 if they got there so losing round 2 didn't delay the inevitable.

So now hockey players can't play injured? Not PC anymore? Do you think any one of these guys wouldn't have wanted to play a third round?

I took a different meaning from that tweet than you did

Reactions: LouJersey

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Looking at those "locker room" raw interviews and not one black eye among them after 12 play-off games. Boy times have indeed changed.

Well . . .to be fair, the groin issues for Marchand clearly delineates where his reptilian brain is located.

I too am a bit "Raw" Lou.

Did Regular Season success mask weaknesses?
Can we say injuries are a primary culprit?
Was it lack of depth?
Can team raise their game? Florida had a condensed schedule too at seasons' end.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Well . . .to be fair, the groin issues for Marchand clearly delineates where his reptilian brain is located.

I too am a bit "Raw" Lou.

Did Regular Season success mask weaknesses?
Can we say injuries are a primary culprit?
Was it lack of depth?
Can team raise their game? Florida had a condensed schedule too at seasons' end.

For me it was simple. Tampa was better, that's it. Boston and Toronto are two of the better teams in the league, and out. Happens. I'm beyond pumped for the future of this team and looking forward to a fantastic rivalry between these three teams for a long time.

Reactions: Kate08 and Jdavidev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->