GDT: Bruins Break Up Day

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Hockey players have to be some of the toughest competitive athletes in any sport.

The pain and discomfort that the players endure in their quest for the Stanley Cup is second to none.

Many of the injuries documented today would have us, couch potatoes, on the couch for weeks if not months.
I already want to crawl under my desk and lay in the fetal position reading about them all

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Wait.....concussion symptoms? Jesus.

that Groin thing has been happening since he injured it way back. (like at the Worlds)

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Wonder if his sickness exacerbated things?

He's simply incredible and not human

Reactions: BMC

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Who else is left regarding suspected injuries?

I assumed Marchy might be lumped in due to that one "maintenance" day he and DeBrusk had prior to one of the games.

I guess not?

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
That's not good long term. He got nailed by turtle neck on that play
It seemed related to illness if you read some other tweets. He would have been out longer if it was a result of that. Bergy is very cautious about his concussions and they didn't follow usual protocol. You can get dizzy when sick.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Jeez sounds like the Bruins had some really short term thinking in regards to Bergeron. Isn't that against the rules to not put him through the protocol or no, since the concussion was never really diagnosed?

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Jeez sounds like the Bruins had some really short term thinking in regards to Bergeron. Isn't that against the rules to not put him through the protocol or no, since the concussion was never really diagnosed?

???

It sounded like the opposite, that the B’s were overly concerned and held 37 out of the game even though the symptoms were probably more sickness than concussion related.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

No doubt he went through protocol but if he was sick with something like a sinus infection, depending on how bad, you can have concussion like symptoms

Reactions: Andrew83

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->