GDT: Bruins Break Up Day

Discussion in 'Boston Bruins' started by Alicat, May 9, 2018.

1. trenton1

trenton1 Bergeron for Hart

I think it's OK to point out a bad call or non-call if it truly affected the outcome of the series without question--if that McAvoy non-call was in game 7 then they could grab every microphone for the entire summer. But that call (likely) cost them game 4 and that's it. It didn't lose them the other 3 games.

Personally, I don't like that McAvoy is still complaining about it days later and I hope someone teaches him better. Emotional takes during or right after the game are one thing, but harping on it days later and using it as an excuse for an entire series is not the winning road. The Bruins got beat in this series and it wasn't the fault of the now standard inconsistent officiating. Maybe they got beat because they are banged up or just one or two players away, but they didn't get beat on one call in the middle of a 4 game losing streak. If they are that fragile then it just proves that they aren't quite ready yet in more than one department.

Bergeron has it right (as always). You dig in and overcome. Bergeron is a true leader that leaves it on the ice where it belongs. Leave it to Roenick and the other pundits to point out the poor officiating--as they did.

2. Dr Hook

Dr Hook Grz-tastic Sponsor

History Professor
    I feel exactly where you are coming from Lou. Pretty much the only time I have really negative reactions regularly is to the Bruins. I don't like it. Something to work on over the summer. My wife is psychologist, so I am going to get some advice over the summer (not therapy, that would be unethical). I am going to keep following the Bruins but I need to not have my blood pressure getting jacked up over a game :laugh:

BMC likes this.
  3. Seidenbergy

Seidenbergy Registered User

Not sure how you guys missed it, but he finished his post with "end of story". Rebuttals aren't welcome here.

GloryDaze4877 and sarge88 like this.
  4. rocketdan9

rocketdan9 Registered User

They will be asked about Marchand incident. This is the kind of consenquence Marchand overlooked.

On May 16 , Cam and management may be asked again

5. rocketdan9

rocketdan9 Registered User

Do you know what time it will be on?

6. LouJersey

LouJersey Al<3xxx

Mr. Lindsey Pelas
    Dude please share what she says here.

Mine just calls me a baby and tells me to grow up. She does say I'm sorry though when she sees they lose, until I carry on lol.

sooshii and Dr Hook like this.
  7. Bruinaura

Bruinaura Registered User

Poor Carlo. :( I felt so bad for that kid.

8. whatsbruin

whatsbruin Registered User

Home Page:
    never seen this.
    Very Cool.

In regards to the refs, and calls, you can play what if's all over the place.
    Refs call penalty shot on Marchy and he buries it. B's get a lift, Tampa gets down. B's win in OT and
    go home up 2-0. B's riding the high and win the series.

Cassidy alluded to the fact that the players were affected by the calls by the refs, so it affected their play,
    and had an impact on the outcome of the series.

9. Seidenbergy

Seidenbergy Registered User

Whatever you do......avoid the sunken place!

LouJersey and Dr Hook like this.
  10. Glove Malfunction

Glove Malfunction Ference is my binky Sponsor

EMR Consultant
    You don't think they deserved to win Game 4, when they were up by one with 7 minutes left and the refs screwed them? I'm not saying they win the series, but they at least win that game.

Dueling Banjos likes this.
  11. smithformeragent

smithformeragent Moderator

\
    This is where I’m at.

It’s a good feeling.

Tmac37 and Dr Hook like this.
  12. Dueling Banjos

Dueling Banjos Registered User

Same here.

His time will come soon enough and he will be fired up.

13. BMC

BMC Per Johan Axelsson Sponsor

The Bruins are the only team/sport I go ballistic over anymore. A good thing too, my mind & body couldn't possibly handle all that freak out anymore :laugh:

14. hoss75

hoss75 Registered User

You're more enlightened than me , my friend. After watching fans for a while now (myself include), I will do everything I can to keep my sons from becoming fans of specific teams. If they want to really learn about sports and understand the game and be a fan of that.. fine. I'm that way with college football, I can turn on a game I have no skin in and enjoy watching it develop. Then when it's over I turn it off and have no emotional attachment.
    But fans of a specific jersey are just crazy, me included. And it hardly ever has a distinctive positive effect on anything.

15. Dr Hook

History Professor
    Amen to that. I do love to follow the Bruins and I enjoy it more because I am invested, but the sad fact in sports is that your team will lose, and only one team can be champs and it probably won't be yours, and that is where the problem lies. In the grand scheme of my life, whether the Boston Bruins win a single game, or a playoff series or even a Stanley Cup, is meaningless. If only I could migrate that head knowledge to the heart . . .

16. GordonHowe

GordonHowe Registered User

As we know, fan is short for fanatic.

I love the B's and live & die with them. But, it is a game. If they're clearly playing poorly, I'm not watching a losing 5-2 game. I'll circle back. My blood pressure doesn't need it.

On the other hand, if they're trying, if they're working, I stick around.

17. Dr Hook

History Professor
    You know, this season is the first in a long time where I actually fast forwarded through when they were playing poorly (I DVR most games because of work schedule and/or time differences). It's a small step, but yeah I think you are right, the blood pressure doesn't need it :laugh:

18. JOKER 192

JOKER 192 Just a Fan

I have no trouble believing this . How could it not?

It was just to one sided , even with the Leafs, and sadly got amped up exponentially with Tampa. I'm not sure the Bruins would have beat Tampa but 4-1 would never have happened without a heavy influence from refs. That is hill I would die on.

Like others have mentioned here, it used to be that I literally would lose sleep at night over **** like what happened to the Bruins in these PO'S. Time has thought me to deal with it better. I can't pinpoint exactly when it changed or why, but I guess I have come to expect it so it is easier to deal with what you expect to happen as to what get's you by surprise. The performance of the refs in these PO's was bad enough to get me by surprise but I expected to be taken by surprise , I didn't lose a wink.

Last edited: May 10, 2018