GDT: Bruins Break Up Day

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

*applauds*

Also: who hit him over the head with the clue stick? Bergeron? Chara? Cam?

4 straight losses and bounced in 5 games was the clue stick

If the Bruins had won, we wouldn't hear much about the antics and I doubt we'd here brad saying the same. Doing that kind of stuff AND losing leaves you with egg on your face

But at least Marchand put up points this post season, next year I wanna see him score in the top 3 on the team and play a responsible game with some agitating but not to the point where it becomes a circus like this year

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Good for Rick-I hope Backes has that same discussion. These guys are first and foremost human beings and family men who have a lot of life after hockey to think about.

That was scary when Backes got hit- he clearly had no idea where he was or what he was doing. Given that he too has a history of concussions it might be time to hang 'em up for the sake of his future health. :(

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
That was scary when Backes got hit- he clearly had no idea where he was or what he was doing. Given that he too has a history of concussions it might be time to hang 'em up for the sake of his future health. :(
I wonder if Backes is even there today

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Good for Rick-I hope Backes has that same discussion. These guys are first and foremost human beings and family men who have a lot of life after hockey to think about.
I know it would never happen, but if he would sign year to year I wouldn’t be against bringing him back.

A full season to get acclimated with whatever line he plays on, even lower in the depth chart, wouldn’t be the worst thing.

The guy still has hands and was one of the few forwards that ever got in front of the net this year.

Reactions: sarge88

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
He's said this after every suspension. At this point can he really change??? Not going to hold my breath.
Yet to be seen, but this is the first I ever remember him saying there's a difference between edge and stupidity. Baby steps? ;)

Reactions: BMC

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
Outside of Bergeron, Marchand was probably the best forward in the post season. One of the best forwards in the regular season as well.

Guy can lick who ever he wants as long as he playing like that as far as I'm concerned.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
... And I will believe it when I see it from Marchand.

I've been a very harsh critic of Marchand and his bullspit. If he does clean up his act I will happily eat a large plate of stone cold crow. However we're talking about a complete change in his approach to the game. I am very, very skeptical.

Reactions: LouJersey

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I know it would never happen, but if he would sign year to year I wouldn’t be against bringing him back.

A full season to get acclimated with whatever line he plays on, even lower in the depth chart, wouldn’t be the worst thing.

The guy still has hands and was one of the few forwards that ever got in front of the net this year.

Anything is possible. I wouldn't rage against Sweeney if he did sign Nash to a cost-effective 1-year deal to work the third line as a netfront guy. I don't think it will happen, and I wasn't super impressed with Nash, but at the right price and term, it wouldn't be the worst thing. It would be better than the Beleskey or Hayes signings for certain.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Anything is possible. I wouldn't rage against Sweeney if he did sign Nash to a cost-effective 1-year deal to work the third line as a netfront guy. I don't think it will happen, and I wasn't super impressed with Nash, but at the right price and term, it wouldn't be the worst thing. It would be better than the Beleskey or Hayes signings for certain.

The best thing about Nash is his willingness to get in front of the net. He & Backes are very good at that and that is something the Bruins would miss if either or both end up retiring. I don't see anyone on the current roster willing or able to do what they do.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I've been a very harsh critic of Marchand and his bullspit. If he does clean up his act I will happily eat a large plate of stone cold crow. However we're talking about a complete change in his approach to the game. I am very, very skeptical.

Sure. He’s been through this many times, he’s not a kid anymore, hasn’t been for a while. If he finds a way to play his game and cut the BS then that would be unreal but I won’t hold my breath. I’m not going to defend the **** he does but it’s worth putting up with considering how good he’s become. The good outweighs the bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad